• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hurricane Rita: The next Katrina? w0ot.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutsshs.shtml
    There are only Cat. 1-5. That's the Saffir Simpson Hurricane Scale. There is no such thing as a Category 6 hurricane. Cat 1: 74-95mph, Cat 2: 96-110mph, Cat 3: 111-130mph, Cat 4: 131-155mph, Cat 5: 156+ mph

They say Rita's going to weaken to Cat 4 before landfall. That's still about as strong as Katrina was before landfall. =/

Legolas

<3 +.+ E>
    Years
    omg, i sure hope it gets weaker. Lucy-Chan lives in Texas, and shes my best girl friend *meaning GENDER, not in that sort or way your thinking of @_@* on PC and MSN, *sigh* dam hurricanes, there have been soooo much, 0.0/color]

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    Like Jeremy, I live in Houston too. We packed all our crap and we're gonna wait it out. We WERE gonna leave, but have you seen the traffic? A 2 hour drive is taking 12-15 hours!

Wish me luck guys, I'm gonna need it.

Lucid

SOB, it's coming right for us! >< It's gonna hit where I live as bad as Hurrican Lily did in 03.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I hope you guys are okay over there.They said that this hurricane is WORSE than Katrina so becareful.I'm watching it because my cousin's parents live around that area.....

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Dang, my brother's going to get hit straight on o_o;

And...the gas is at five bucks a gallon here O_o;;

Years
    I'm worried about the people who live in Texas! o.o

I wish everyone, that is in the areas where the hurricane may hit, luck.
    *spazzes*
    Crap, the gas prices are going up again?!?! o.0;;
    *goes to watch the news* XD

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Will it never end...oh well...people up north here take all this for granted...I can't imagine what they're going through right now.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    My question is despite the fact that it could still be considered late hurricane season, I am wondering why are these hurricanes happenining one after another. I now am nervous how many hurricanes there will be this year.

AngelWolfie

Tiger Power!
    Years
    *gasp* It's the...Day After TOMORROW! Sorry, I know this isn't funny. But all this has been making the apocolypse come to mind...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Akio123 said:
    My question is despite the fact that it could still be considered late hurricane season, I am wondering why are these hurricanes happenining one after another. I now am nervous how many hurricanes there will be this year.
    Global warming, it causes the waters out at sea to heat up and that's the main driving force of a hurricane; hot water.

Yeah now try and say there's no such thing as global warming.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Mihara said:
    Global warming, it causes the waters out at sea to heat up and that's the main driving force of a hurricane; hot water.

Now try and say there's no such thing as global warming.
    Well I knew Global Warming, however I have a theory of other factors.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    Ok..this is going to hit Texas and GAS PRICING WILL GO SKY ROCKET! It said someting about hitting Corpus Christi! Vampiric Angel PLease becarful!

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    That is also another problem as Randall-Kun stated. We are already min an oil crisis. Other than the same horrible effects as Hurricane Katrina. We will have a problem with oil even more then we did.

Legolas

<3 +.+ E>
    Years
    omfg, Dawg 2005, Hotaru, and Mhiara's brother, i very much hope that you guys make it out fine.................., but because i know her so well, i am hoping Lucy will get out perfect, i haven't talked to her for days now... !_!:'(!_!:'(........

I also hope that everyone else gets out as well .........

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Rita wasn't as bad here in Florida as Karina was but it will be as it was mentioned all over the news on Texas. We just got a day off on Tuesday for all Miami Dade and Broward counties, and mostly a full day of raining, luckly my house nothing happened. All that happened here was rain showers, but when Katrina hit us, we lost power for a week. And we got about like 6 inches of flood around in broward. What I did hate were the high gas prices which I payed $40 to fill almost a full tank, and now it seems the same thing is going tohappen.
    What these hurricanes bring to FLorida, which me and all my pals are happy about the day before are the waves, on Katrina we got from 9 to 15 feet waves which never happens, and with Rita it was up to 11 but pure plain since we couldn't surf. We had these local police or w/e come to us and said it wasn't safe to surf, and we ignored them, then a while after a truck coems to us sayig he's towing our cars and we all ran to it.
    I guess I'm used to all these hurricanes, I had Ivan, Frances, and Charlie i think last year... and i got mad since my homecoming got postponed cause of it.

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Sceptiles Master said:
    Yeah this is serious i hope everything will turn out okay

I am personally sticking it out here in Houston. Other staff members have evacuated already to ensure they will be able to handle our support desk.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I rather think about hurricane than gas prices.Anyways,today it lowered to a Category 3.Good grief,but still not safe.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Jessica R. said:
    I rather think about hurricane than gas prices.Anyways,today it lowered to a Category 3.Good grief,but still not safe.
    I agree and disagree with you. I care about the people more then the gas, but given the current oil crisis I think it is important, but not as imporatant as the people.

Back