• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hurricane Rita: The next Katrina? w0ot.

Envy

+l+Mystifying+l+
    Years
    It's only a matter of time when the hurricane hits....which I live in Texas;Hey,did ya heard about there was a bus that blow up?Oh god,I heard 20 people died on it!Today me and my sister had to go somewhere which we had to go on the Highway!Every single time there was triffic,and we saw a whole lot of cars at the side of some highways we were on!Dang,this year is just so crazy,first there was the war,Katrina,Gas,NOW THERES A SISTER OF KATRINA?!

Last edited:

AnzRayquazaX

ooh..is me a banana?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2005
    I know that it lowered to Category 3(I know it because I've been watching the Weather Channel all day) and it's going to have a direct hit on Port Arthur, Texas. Poor people there, they're right in the middle of it. :(

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    I hope it not as big as katrina.
    Btw why a hurrican was named with good name??

AnzRayquazaX

ooh..is me a banana?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2005
    The names are automatically picked from the beginning of the hurricane season. For example: Let's say Hurricane Dan just faded and then a Tropical Depression forms. Then the tropical depression strengthens and then it becomes a tropical storm. If Dan was used already, then they would go to the next name on the list. If it's Ethan, then they'll call the tropical storm Tropical Storn Ethan.

That's how the names work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    It's now a category 1, Houston is devastated. I wish luck to you, thanhthuy, and to all the people that have been evacuated.

The mayor says there have been isolated incidents of misconduct.

Let's just hope everything's going fine...

Senor Kyle

The Management
    Years
    Fortunately, the only damage at my house was the fence

EDIT: I have some rita pics

Walmart was all closed down - Bad time to buy AA Batteries

The Everyone's Internet Datacenter

My temporary command center at home - had ICQ, MSN, AIM and Yahoo! running. Wish I had Trillian set up here though.

LOBD, Inc. Fortress - Yep, everyone boarded everything down

Last edited:

Envy

+l+Mystifying+l+
    Years
    WoW,the sight of it is not pretty except for theres only sunlight on the last picture.Well,Rita's at my place now.It hasn't rain yet,and there is a lot of big clouds forming and stuff.And if anyone is going back down,there going to have to face that everything is shut down,even the GAS!!Aagghhh!I just heard a thurder!The sight now is not so bright now....

Envy

+l+Mystifying+l+
    Years
    Thats bad!Ya every think Rita was a wimp compare to her sister,Katrina?!God,it was a level 5 in the Gulf Coust and it went lower!I was kinda expecting something more,waste of gas for those people who run away from there home in Galveston....

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    How about Ivan,their gramps?No no no....that's their papa!^^And Andrew was Katrina's ex-boyfriend^^

Anyways,I've been hearing on the news that Rita set a house on fire.That's something we don't see every day.

Envy

+l+Mystifying+l+
    Years
    Oh!U know what,the house got burned down,right?Well,they couldn't put it out,because the water was shut off and they couldn't do anything for it,just watching it burn down to the ground!!And,it was actally three houses.I feel sad for the person who own them...

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Jessica R. said:
    How about Ivan,their gramps?No no no....that's their papa!^^And Andrew was Katrina's ex-boyfriend^^

That isn't funny or cute. This is a serious matter.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I'm back now lol

H-town got lucky. It didn't got hit straight on, it was suppoused to hit us though. We dodged a bullet lol

I pretty much took my valuables with me to my uncle's home. The "hurricane" hit around Saturday around midnight.

All we got was hard winds, and rain. No fatalities so far. The roof tiles in my apartments were blown off, and a tree got ripped apart.

It was crazy on Thursday though. Gas ran out really quickly, and all Kroger, HEB, and Randalls stores ran out of food. I spent two hours on traffic on what was suppoused to be a quick ten minute drive to my uncle's.

I got freaked out really, I was pretty scared that we'd all get the same thing as those poor Katrina victims. I sure as hell didn't fancy the idea of moving to a shelter.

Anyway, at my uncle's I just spent nice time with my cousins and stayed with them for three nights lol. Our power went out for a couple of hours, not much. I've had the TV and radio on for updates. And yes, I got so freaked out when it went up to category 5. lol We had to board up our windows and duct tape them.

I'm counting my blessings, man. H-town's freakin lucky to not get hit by that hurricane.

Oh, and btw, please listen to Akio123 guys. :3 This was a pretty serious matter, and most of us people got scared especially about what happened with Katrina. Let's not make jokes about this pretty please >>;

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Guess who's back sweeties! XD
    Well I'm back in H-town, with my homes and parnta's.
    Thank God my house is still in tact. Here's my trip in a nutshell!

Backed ALL my games.
    Left Thursday
    Stuck in traffic
    10 gas stations without gas
    Slept outside in a parking lot
    Got some Yu-Gi-Oh Cards
    Went to a motel, which was ugly as it was expansive!
    Left the motel after staying there for one hour because of plumming poblems. *Cough.*FecescomingoutoftheSINK!EWW~*Cough.*
    Found my Uncle's house! *Technically my mother's cousin's house.*
    Met relatives...I never knew I had! XD
    Got back home!
    Put my games back in place.
    Posting here!

I missed you sweeties! X3

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Glad to have you back, Jeremy. <3

At my uncle's house I got to sleep on the couch. x3; T'was comfy, I daresay. I'm glad I didn't got to stay at a shelter or a motel. I feel sorry for you Jeremy ::pat pat:: I once stayed in an apartment with roaches crawling up the walls.. So yeah. lol. You poor thing

Years
    Well we did have warnings from Sylvia Browne, some kind of psychic. She predicted this like 2 yrs ago. Becuase of the polar tilt we just had, and global warming, we're gonna have very strong tropical storms.

She says california will have volcano eruptions. Since I'm in idaho, I'd probably get the ash, I don't think I'm that close to get lava. Ash can be just as bad though, with the weight making roofs collaspe. I guess that means I'd need to sweep the roof off regulary. California already had a small earthquake.

The only worst thing that can happen is Yellow Stone park erupting, that one would be a super eruption, it'd make ash cover the whole north hemisphere.

Good thing the people of Texas was smart to evacuate, even though those routes and highways were JAMMED. Rita was kinda weird, it became a category 3? I didn't watch the news yet, but is there another hurricane in the line forming? Or is this the last?

Back