• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyperoffensive OU(current) team

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • So this is a team that abuses Keldeo and shows why it should be banned.

The team at a glance

617.gif
    094.gif
    461.gif
    647.gif
    381.gif
    485.gif

461.gif
    647.gif

Keldeo and Weavile are basically partners in crime. Weavile + Keldeo is one of the best offensive cores in the metagame, because Keldeo is known for its massive sweeping and revenge killing potential and Weavile just happens to be one of its best partners, beating Pokemon that happen to wall Keldeo, such as Jellicent, Latias, Latios, Celebi, Slowking, Slowbro, and so on.

617.gif
    461.gif
    647.gif

I added Accelgor because it provides Spikes for both Weavile and Keldeo to beat their targets easier. I did consider Scolipede, but that thing can rarely set up more than 1 layer of Spikes. Accelgor has Unburden to help it set up at least two layers of Spikes, unless the opponent has a priority move.

617.gif
    094.gif
    461.gif
    647.gif

Obviously hyperoffensive teams need an offensive spinblocker, and Gengar does just that! With a great base 130 Special Attack it can scare many Rapid Spinners, like Forretress and Tentacruel. It also has Focus Blast to scare away Tyranitar, in case Accelgor fails to do that.

617.gif
    094.gif
    461.gif
    647.gif
    485.gif

I obviously needed a Stealth Rock user, since Spikes are rarely enough to do the job. Heatran is thus a great offensive Stealth Rocker with great special attack and bulk.

617.gif
    094.gif
    461.gif
    647.gif
    381.gif
    485.gif

As for the sweeper, I went with Life Orb Latios. This thing hits extremely hard, having access to STAB Draco Meteor and a lot of coverage moves. Latios also has great synergy with Gengar, Weavile and Keldeo, and it's my team's main answer to Dragons.

A closer look

617.gif

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 188 Spd / 232 SAtk / 88 HP
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Def / 0 SDef
    - Spikes
    - Bug Buzz
    - Focus Blast
    - Final Gambit

Since Deoxys-D was banned, the post for a offensive Spikes user remained vacant. Accelgor had incredibly low usage in July, just 0.3%, which is less than Aggron, Glaceon, Pikachu, Gardevoir, Shuckle, Charizard, Aron, Typloshion and other trash that don't have OU analyses. With a blazing base 145 Speed, Accelgor is a very good Spikes user. The 188 Speed EVs coupled with a Modest nature allow Accelgor to outspeed Alakazam, Sceptile and Dugtrio, and everything slower than them. With 0 IVs in Defense and Special Defense, Accelgor aims to activate its Focus Sash as fast as possible in order to set up a second layer of Spikes as quickly as possible. Accelgor is no slouch offensively, as it has a good base 100 Special Attack and STAB Bug Buzz, which allows it to hit Lati@s, Alakazam, and many other Pokemon that don't resist it for some good damage. Focus Miss OHKOes Tyranitar and stuff that tries to stop it. Final Gambit exists if I feel that Spikes won't affect the opposing team, or if I try to stop a Rapid Spinner from doing its job.

094.gif

Oh yes! (Gengar) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Pain Split
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

A very good offensive spinblocker, Gengar has only Shadow Ball and Focus Blast as its attacking options but that is all it needs. Ghost + Fighting together have perfect neutral coverage. This Gengar uses Pain Split to threaten things like Blissey, Chansey and Snorlax, which might prove dangerous to this team. Its low HP stat only helps it further. Substitute allows Gengar to maintain momentum since it forces a lot of switches.

461.gif

RAWR (Weavile) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Shard
    - Night Slash
    - Low Kick

Weavile is a key member of this team, because it helps Keldeo and Latios sweep. Pursuit destroys opposing Lati@s, Espeon, Gengar and other Psychic-types, Ghost-types and severely weakened Pokemon that try to run. Ice Shard destroys Dragons, especially Dragonite and Salamence, which happen to wall Keldeo's Secret Sword and possibly set up one or two Dragon Dances. The fact that Weavile can take one +1 ExtremeSpeed only helps it further. Night Slash is Weavile's reliable STAB, hitting Jellicent, Celebi and many bulky Pokemon for good damage. Low Kick allows Weavile to beat up Terrakion, Heatran, Tyranitar, and other steel-types.

647.gif

lolpolitoed (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Surf
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Indeed, lolpolitoed. Keldeo is an incredible revenge killer and late-game cleaner. If the opposing team uses Politoed, Keldeo can easily take out the opposing team, especially if its counters are eliminated. Even if the other team is not rain-based, though, Keldeo still proves very useful. Hydro Pump and Surf are both used on this set. Hydro Pump is all about power and Surf is a reliable STAB that is still very powerful in the rain. Secret Sword is basically seen as a coverage move, taking care of many threats such as Blissey, Ferrothorn and Terrakion. Hidden Power Ice is used against Dragons, since Weavile is used to kill Jellicent and Celebi anyway.

381.gif

#Jirachi4Uber2013 (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Surf

Latios is a threatening sweeper when it uses Life Orb. When used in conjunction with Spikes and Stealth Rock, Draco Meteor is so powerful it annihilates anything that doesn't resist it and is not named Blissey and Chansey. Even Tyranitar is 2HKOed with a bit of prior damage. Psyshock is Latios's reliable STAB and it helps Weavile and Keldeo sweep by taking care of opposing Gyarados, Tentacruel and Toxicroak (although Latios does need to watch out for Sucker Punch). Hidden Power Fire threatens Ferrothorn and Forretress and 2HKOes Jirachi unless it's raining. Surf is Latios's best option against Jirachi in the rain, and it also 2HKOes Heatran.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Heatran sets up Stealth Rock with ease thanks to its great bulk and typing. It's also my main answer to sun teams. Fire Blast is very powerful, once again threatening Ferrothorn and Forretress (this just shows how overcentralizing they are), and threatens Dugtrio and Donphan with an OHKO as long as Spikes is up and the Air Balloon is not broken. Speaking of it, it allows Heatran to come in for free on Earthquake or other Ground-type moves. Earth Power annihilates opposing Heatran and has great coverage. Hidden Power Grass destroys Gastrodon and Politoed on the switch.

So yeah. This is my team, I use it on the PC server and it's also one of my main teams on the Showdown server.

Exportable:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • This is quite a good offensive team, but I think bulky Water-types may give this team trouble. Gyarados in particular is not weak to any of your team's moves, and therefore makes the best counter. Vaporeon and Jellicent can tank two HP Grasses from Heatran even after Stealth Rock, however due to Jellicent's secondary typing it must be careful of Shadow Ball and Night Slash. I'd recommend either an Electric-type to get rid of these counters, or changing Heatran's nature to Modest, so that it can nail more 2HKOes on some of its counters. Thundurus-T is the preferable Electric-type as it has better STAB coverage with its added Flying-typing and higher special attack.

~ Thunderbolt
    ~ HP Flying
    ~ Agility
    ~ Focus Blast
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EV spread: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Thunderbolt
    ~ HP Flying
    ~ Volt Switch
    ~ Focus Blast
    Item: Expert Belt/Choice Scarf
    Nature: Timid

~ Thunderbolt
    ~ HP Flying
    ~ Nasty Plot
    ~ Focus Blast
    Item: Lum Berry
    Nature: Timid

I hope my advice helps. Good luck on Pokemon Showdown.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Bulky Waters are actually not very hard to beat. This is because after two layers of Spikes and possibly Stealth Rock they aren't as bulky and can be 2HKOed much more easily, or Gengar can use Pain Split + Shadow Ball to wear them down. And let's not forget that while Gyarados is not weak to any move my team uses, Latios's Draco Meteor still OHKOes after Stealth Rock, so it's not a very big deal.

Snorelacks

Ready to get burned?
    Years
  • I would actually agree with Boilurn since you aren't really backing up your defense against his statement. Vaporeon in the rain walls pretty much your entire team, and a bulky variant of Gyarados would be just as hard to take down because you lack Electric- or Rock-type moves. I'd try to use something like Jolteon or Rotom-W to deal with them:

Jolteon @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
    Volt Absorb, Timid Nature
    4 Def, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Thunderbolt
    Volt Switch
    Signal Beam
    HP Ice

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Levitate, Modest
    232 HP, 56 SAtk, 220 Spd
    Volt Switch
    Hydro Pump
    Will-O-Wisp
    Pain Split/HP Ice

Nobody's going to switch into Gyarados on your Latios, and before you have time to bring in a counter, it will have set up one Dragon Dance. Also, if your opponent is smart, he'll take out Latios before bringing in Gyarados.

Other than that issue, I really like your team. I really like how that Accelgor lead looks. Good luck!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I dont post here much anymore but anyway...

Bulky Waters are actually not very hard to beat. This is because after two layers of Spikes and possibly Stealth Rock they aren't as bulky and can be 2HKOed much more easily, or Gengar can use Pain Split + Shadow Ball to wear them down. And let's not forget that while Gyarados is not weak to any move my team uses, Latios's Draco Meteor still OHKOes after Stealth Rock, so it's not a very big deal.

So what exactly beats them ? Vaporeon can wish and Protect off everything so i mean...even old obsolete threats like CroCune ironically 6-0 you with relative ease.

Latios OHKOing Gyarados with SR up is moot because it outspeeds after a Dragon Dance and OHKO's Latios with either Bounce or Ice Fang. It can get a FREE DD on Keldeo, Heatran and Weavile, even Accelgor, hell even Latios at -2. Gengars Shadow Ball also doesnt OHKO. So that is essentially....ALL of your team it can set up at least one DD on.

I agree with using Rotom, though dont use Volt Switch if you want to counter Gyarados, use Thunderbolt. Sub/Bounce/DD/Waterfall (common) actually beats Volt Switch Rotom by forcing it out when it Volt Switches out on subs. This is dangerous as hell against Moxie variants.

You could even get away using Thunderbolt on Latios over HP Fire as you dont really struggle with Ferrothorn or alternatively use Calm Mind to set up on bulky waters that way.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I dunno, I've never had problems with bulky waters.

And what actually should I replace if you guys think they'll give me trouble? Weavile and Keldeo are irreplaceable, and I don't want to get rid of Gengar either since it's probably the best spinblocker at the moment and I don't want Rapid Spinners to foil Accelgor's work.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2016
    Well, the problem i see here is that for a hyper offensive team. i only see one physically offensive pokemon. Now, i'd try switching out latios with salamence. I like him better because people tend to panic when they see him or try too hard to out predict you and make easy mistakes. He has an intimidation factor and he hits like a truck while still being fairly bulky.

Back