• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am going to start my own business

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    If you have nothing constructive to say then why say anything at all? Hmm?
    No more constructive than anyone who has said nothing but calling it a good idea, and you didn't call them out on that.

What you want to do is a nice idea, but unless you have some manner of great business acumen, money, personnel, and possibly the rights to Disney's characters, it's not a good idea, thus not a worthwhile thing to persue. To this end, someone saying you shouldn't try to persue it for your own good et alii is more constructive than simple praise about how nice and cute it would be. I hope I'm not being too brash, but wanted make the point that disapproving opinions are spoken for reasons no less valid than others; somethings worth taking for what they are.

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hmm some of you do not seem to understand my idea.

Disney characters are not important to my idea. I just used Disney's version of Sleeping Beauty as an example because it is the most romantic fairytale story I can think of at the moment. Although like I said if the business ever became very successful I would like to sell shares to Disney if they will let us use their characters, because that would probably make more people want to book with us because Disney characters are very well-liked.

Also I have no idea why you are talking about building things. There is no building involved. We will hire buildings like I mentioned at the start.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • There was an article in one of my mum's magazines a few years ago where a company did this... You could arrange to be kidnapped, tied up and then left alone in a dark room and have your boyfriend come rescue you dressed as Batman, and it'd turn out you'd been placed in a hotel room... o____O

Would your company do Hansel and Gretel? Or would that be against health and safety regulations?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hmm some of you do not seem to understand my idea.

Disney characters are not important to my idea. I just used Disney's version of Sleeping Beauty as an example because it is the most romantic fairytale story I can think of at the moment. Although like I said if the business ever became very successful I would like to sell shares to Disney if they will let us use their characters, because that would probably make more people want to book with us because Disney characters are very well-liked.

Also I have no idea why you are talking about building things. There is no building involved. We will hire buildings like I mentioned at the start.

What kind of characters would you use though? You will have to make them famous somehow for people to actually know them. And that would be extremely remarkable if it did, but I doubt that would happen.

You don't seem to understand, you can't "give shares" to Disney in exchange, you have to be a part of Disney to use them, if you what to. And if you try to replicate something similar to that you will be given a lawsuit. And Hire buildings? To do that you need to make a layout for it. Which is what I said before, you need to have a LOT of money, depending on the side it could be over 1 million dollars. And no bank is going to loan that much.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Actually this is more of a matter of obtaining licensing rights to use them.
    But even so, you will have to either pay a large amount, or give a certain percentage of the pay to Disney, or they won't let you. Its pretty hard getting a license with Disney.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    What kind of characters would you use though? You will have to make them famous somehow for people to actually know them.

Fairytale characters. From fairytales. There were fairytales before Disney. And they're quite popular, you know?

You don't seem to understand blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla you can't blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla DISNEY! blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla I'm taking this too seriously blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla DISNEY! blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla I have taken it upon myself to crush your dreams blablablablablablablablablablablablablabla no bank is going to loan that much.

Hmmmm...

And I do not think that hiring out a few rooms for a day would cost anything like a million dollars. Castles do wedding receptions for a lot less than that, so why not fun fairytale-based experiences?

Would your company do Hansel and Gretel? Or would that be against health and safety regulations?

Hmm perhaps but it would probably be expensive to make a house out of gingerbread. Maybe I could hire a holiday cottage for a few days and persuade the owner to let me cover some of the walls in gingerbread and icing. I could get it off afterward or maybe leave it on and let the owner have the rest.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • It's pretty hard getting licensing rights with just about any company.

Most fairy tales are over 100 years old and I'm sure by that time the copyright would've expired.

It's not like Disney owns those things. There have been plenty of re-interpretations of, say, Cinderella since Disney made theirs. Ever After is a good example. They're in the public domain, no one owns them anymore. There are movies on YouTube, that are in the Public Domain, therefore, YouTube can't take them down because no one owns them, hence the name, Public Domain.

As long as the original author is dead and it's been a certain number of years, it's fair game.

As long as Jolene removes all references to all versions, they would be in that little, legal gray area.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Jolene, what you have is a very wonderful idea. I hope that someday you grow up to be a very capable woman who can solve all the problems that the people are mentioning in this thread. Yes, it's not going to be easy, but I honestly don't think you should give up on your dream.

It's a well-intended idea nonetheless, and burying her with the ways it can fail now does little good. I firmly believe that she ought to be able to hammer out her own dream and make it possible on her own, without people pointing out the obvious flaws. (Seriously, you have to take her age into account. She may only be 15, but that doesn't mean she has to suddenly be realistic.) Dreams create hope. Never abandon that hope.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • When I get older I am going to set up a business called Live Your Fairytales. We will organize fairytale-based experiences for people who book with us.

For instance, a girl could book an experience based on Disney's version of Sleeping Beauty. We will then supply her with a Princess Aurora costume and we will hire some actors to take her to a tall tower which we will also hire. We will then organize for her boyfriend to come and rescue her and we will give him a Prince Phillip costume. We will also supply them with a hotel to spend the night in afterwards. It will be very expensive but lots of people will do it because it is lovely.

We will also do other fairytales such as Cinderella. We will not do Rapunzel though because you would need a lot of safety equipment to climb up the side of a tower and wearing a harness would probably ruin the magic of it all.

Do you think this is a good idea for a business?
    A) What is the individual does not have a boyfriend? Will she be excluded from the experience?

B) Disney will knock down your door so fast if you make it Disneyish. So, maybe you shouldn't offer an experience based on the Disney version of anything

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I wasn't taking upon myself to "crush your dreams" I was just stating some facts. But by all means there are still other factors involved that I don't know. So go ahead, try it out XD

Years
  • Jolene, what you have is a very wonderful idea. I hope that someday you grow up to be a very capable woman who can solve all the problems that the people are mentioning in this thread. Yes, it's not going to be easy, but I honestly don't think you should give up on your dream.

It's a well-intended idea nonetheless, and burying her with the ways it can fail now does little good. I firmly believe that she ought to be able to hammer out her own dream and make it possible on her own, without people pointing out the obvious flaws. (Seriously, you have to take her age into account. She may only be 15, but that doesn't mean she has to suddenly be realistic.) Dreams create hope. Never abandon that hope.
    Good one Pachy, hope makes everything possible. But, we should know the consequences, make aware of it, and trying to point out the possibles. In other way, use the S.M.A.R.T goal planning, Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Time-bound. This way, Jolene could achieve her goal strategically.

A) What is the individual does not have a boyfriend? Will she be excluded from the experience?

B) Disney will knock down your door so fast if you make it Disneyish. So, maybe you shouldn't offer an experience based on the Disney version of anything
    A) Good point. For this group of people, she should offer them a matchmaking like program where people could be matched as a couple according to those whom applied. I think it would be interesting at the same time...scary.

B) That's why she should create a unique romantic fairy tale story without any references to Disney and when it is successful, there's a butt load of money to spend on the license.

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
  • That sounds awesome. I think somewhere, sometime, you are making someone's dream come true.

I think this will probably beat Disney land. :P Maybe.

Back