• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am now beggining work on a pkmn starterkit that WILL be finished.(about time huh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    DeM0nFiRe's Pokemon Starter Kit

So some of you may have seen my poll to see if i should bother making a starterkit. i have decided i will and soon il; have enough done on it to put in the games showcase. for now ill just tell you a little about it through Q&A. if you have any questions, ask away my friend.

Q.What makes this starterkit different? Why will it be completed when no other has?
    A. Because-this is my favorite part now- There will be almost NO ruby scripting involved. Everyone else seems too inclined to program this thing from the ground up. People, it's just too hard(at least for the people who have tried so far.) I, as you will all fnd out soon enough, like to find easier ways around. So i'm gonna stick with somethin' I'm good at: event scripting. if you don't know what this is I won't tell you so you can't take my idea :). The point is, this will make things easier for me and less dissapointing for you.
    Q.Hey, I know what event scripting is and it's not possible to create entire
    systems(CBS etc.) using only events is it?

A. I thought the same thing before but then i started making a zelda game
    that i had to make a menu system for and this was before i even really tried
    ruby. No, i never finished that game because my ideas were not as fully developed as they ar now BUT, If this starter kit works out I may make a
    Zelda starterkit BUT you will all have to elect me your supreme ruler :)

Q.So I will be able to make a game just like the ones I know and love?

A. Probably but i may change a few aesthetical aspects of the game.
    Basically, yes you will be able to make games just like the commercial
    pokemon games.(well, if your good enough with graphics etc. And i hope its
    not too much the same 'cuz pokemon ruby again would not be much of a developing feat:) ).

Q. So when can i expect this thing to be finished?
    A. well, i can't be quite sure because I don't know what my schedule is for the next month or so BUT if everything goes as planned it should only take me a couple of weeks to make it and another couple to have testers check it out(DO NOT ASK TO BE A TESTER, I HAVE SOME)
    Q.Can i be a tester?
    A.NO LOOK UP GENIOUS. seriously though if I want you to be a tester I'll ask
    you.(I really might ask)

OK so if you have any other questions i'll be here.

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I may change a few aesthetical aspects of the game.

Like what? *scared*

At least you got some enthusiasm. Hope not too much...
    Good luck ^^

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    That line sucks.

Well, I wish you luck to make an event based complex system laggless.

Ha lol I was kidding. I'll prolly release all of my techniques as tutorials once i've gotten good use out of 'em.

Oh and azura, one thing i may change is make it so rather than a menu pop up you will go to a menu screen when you pause.(Don't worry, I'm not cheapin out and using the built in menu system. :) )

Well, any way thanks for the encouragement guys, I'll keep up work on this thing so we can get some pkmn games finished here.

Years
  • Could you list the testers that you have in mind?

Also, if you need any help, just ask, I'm above average when it comes to rmxp events. =D

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    well so far the testers are... well you geniuos :) , ~Azura, and Yuaoman.

Thanks for offering to help i may need you...

Years
  • Well, thats what everyone says at one point or another.. (kidding xP)

I forgot I was one, but, in any case, that will be fun. xD

Well, I wish you luck, and everyone who is working on this, =D

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    So one thing I haven't decided yet is if i'll wait to release this for d\l until after I use it to make a game. would anyone be opposed to that?

P.S. Today is the day where I actually create the new procect and beegin work on it. Before I was just finalizing my thoughts but thanks to Razmaster, I've got my ideas straight now.

Years
  • Yay, he said thanks to me! xD

Well, DemonFire, I have thought of a few more problems that may occur,which we can continue to discuss over msn, but not until later.. I got a virus on my computer last night... -.- trying to get rid of it, wish me luck!

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • well is event scripting as in events on the side with scripts to change the map its in and events in a map the player cant access that will change the whole game?

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Sort off... but not really. You'll see when I release it.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • Okay, few questions.
    1. How far are you on this? I see you said it'll only take a couple of weeks to get it to testers, so have you gotten most of the CBS done? I'm pretty good with event scripts and all that it consists of, but if I sat down every day for four hours, it'd probably take me a month at the very least to program a doable CBS, with stats and such. It's easier to do a starter kit cause people can input there own pokemon and stats when they get it, but you still obviously have to do a couple for examples and tests.

2. What do you mean does anybody oppose you not releasing it after you make a game with it? I'm hoping I'm understanding it wrong or you worded it wrong or something, cause that's the whjole point o making a starter kit, for other people to use.

3. Not a question, but if I were you, I wouldn';t release this thing immediately. I know it sounds strange, but I'd get the starter kit done, then improve the graphic interface and menus and stuff, then I would write tutorials for important functions, such as the CMS, CBS, and stuff like pokemon stats, etc.
    I know it might make everyone wait longer, get impatient, and would get you tired, but think, the starter kit's already finished, the worst that can happen is you get fed up with improving it and realease it, already finished. Maybe release the first one, and improve the things mentioned above for the total nOObs. Just my thoughts, I think this is what I'll do when I FINALLy finish liquid(oh, this game is taking forever).

Sounds like you know what you're doing though, unlike some people who jump right in to doing a starter kit.

Good Luck,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    @PokeCreator_09: sorry, this will be for RMXP :p

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Okay, few questions.
    1. How far are you on this? I see you said it'll only take a couple of weeks to get it to testers, so have you gotten most of the CBS done? I'm pretty good with event scripts and all that it consists of, but if I sat down every day for four hours, it'd probably take me a month at the very least to program a doable CBS, with stats and such. It's easier to do a starter kit cause people can input there own pokemon and stats when they get it, but you still obviously have to do a couple for examples and tests.

2. What do you mean does anybody oppose you not releasing it after you make a game with it? I'm hoping I'm understanding it wrong or you worded it wrong or something, cause that's the whjole point o making a starter kit, for other people to use.

3. Not a question, but if I were you, I wouldn';t release this thing immediately. I know it sounds strange, but I'd get the starter kit done, then improve the graphic interface and menus and stuff, then I would write tutorials for important functions, such as the CMS, CBS, and stuff like pokemon stats, etc.
    I know it might make everyone wait longer, get impatient, and would get you tired, but think, the starter kit's already finished, the worst that can happen is you get fed up with improving it and realease it, already finished. Maybe release the first one, and improve the things mentioned above for the total nOObs. Just my thoughts, I think this is what I'll do when I FINALLy finish liquid(oh, this game is taking forever).

Sounds like you know what you're doing though, unlike some people who jump right in to doing a starter kit.

Good Luck,
    ~PokeCreator_09~

1.:I have almost the whole thing done in my head but when i posted that first thing i was being too optomistic, it will take me a bit longer (prolly a month to get to full version)
    2.:I meant Not release it until i make a game with it. Of course I'll release it at some point. wouldn't be much of a starter kit if noone could use it.
    3.:Of course I'll tell people how to use it. I plan On making a fully featured, step by step guide with screenies(which will push the release date back a bit, but then it will be |\|008 friendly)

UPDATE:
    Yesterday i finished the technical skeleton for the menu, which was one of the longest parts to do so I'm well on my way here. I haven't started today's work whic will probaly be some of the graphics tgat I can't get elsewhere(i gotta sprite 'em myself) Oh and it looks like if you don't understand the guide, you won't know how to add your own pokemon so when it comes out, READ THE GUIDE FULLY

Thanks for pushing me along guys I can't wait to release this and be elected Supreme Ruler :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2007
    Oi mate, I can't wait to see how this system works, a little curious, but I know you know your stuff. I have a copy of all 411 battle sprites (front and back) if you still need them, but none of the map sprites, I may start ripping them from a rom, who knows?

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Ooh ooh ooh. I could use those battle sprites. I already got map tilesets so dont worry about that part.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Yup that's why I am doing this one. Oh srry guys if this thread sees to Die but since i can't double post i can't keep it active so if you want more info on the kit then you gotta ask for it.(I have been working on it alot)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    You can always delete and re-post your post.

And, anyway, if it is a big update, you are able to double post, specially if there are any screenshots.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back