• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am now beggining work on a pkmn starterkit that WILL be finished.(about time huh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
  • Srry to say that tho's arent that good.
    But keep trying and you will make it better than Blizzy's Starter Kitt

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Ya, They're not good yet because I only have skeletons of systems. I still need to make the specifics. When I do I will post the new screenies. I should have some good screenies next weekend.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    oh yeah, sorry. I have the general mechanics just about ready for the menu, Battle, and pokedex

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Okay then, time for a new update. I have the Battle system almost done, but I can't finish it until I have the bag system completed.(take a wild geuss as to why that is) So here's a mock-up of one of my ideas for the bag system, tell me what you like and don't like about it so I can fix it ok?
    View attachment 36959

Years
  • Double posting. Badd baddd DeMOn.

The bag menu looks great! Just a few things.

-It should show the picture of the item somewhere next to the bag. For example, each item you highlight, could zoom out of the bag, while when you highlight a different item, it zooms back into the bag while another item comes out.

-It looks kinda plain. For the item select menu, you should have a transparent background, to make the text more clear, and less pixely. Also, the background overall shouldn't be white. If you take a look at the bag menu on the GBA games, you would know that there is barely, if any, white showing.

-Under the bag, it should have the description of the item highlighted.

That's all I see that it should have.
    Good luck.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    mmhmm, good suggestions. I'll take those into account. (oh and it's not double posting because the second post was a major update)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    It looks too non-Pokémon to me, with the scroll bar and the tabs... Looks some kind of Windows application tho lol

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Mm, no, I actually think you guys are right. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong with it, but you guys are right. It doesn't really feel like pokemon huh? I geuss I'll just have to redesign, no biggy. I'll post the new Mock-up when I have it.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Seriously -_-

Does everything HAVE to "look like a Pokemon game"?!

If you are doing a Pokémon starterkit, then yes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I just see, it doesn't have to be a clone of a 3rd gen game to be a Pokemon game, it can have new systems.

Mooshykris

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    What are you talking about? I never said anything about 'new systems' (and he showed an Items screen). I was talking about the look of it, nothing more.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    I definitely agree with ~Azura on this one. It has to look like it's pokemon. I'm not going to just copy one of the bags from another game, but it really has to follow the same general theme.
    So tell me how you guys like this one:
    View attachment 36963

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    Ooo, looks good. I have a question though. I'm gonna start a fangame, and do you think I should use blizzy's kit for now and move it my game over onto this once its released? Will it be hard to transfer over?

Years
  • I think it would be pretty hard. You should just wait.

DeMOn you already know what my thoughts are, it's posted on our Blue Knights forum.

Anyways good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back