• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am now beggining work on a pkmn starterkit that WILL be finished.(about time huh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    I think it would be pretty hard. You should just wait.

DeMOn you already know what my thoughts are, it's posted on our Blue Knights forum.

Anyways good luck.

It would take a really long time if I just waited, since he's not gonna release it for a while..

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    Meh, that's what you think. Why don't you go on our forum, and check updates?

Waaay ahead of you ;)

I'm just gonna use Blizzy's as a blueprint, so I have all the scripts and maps n stuff.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    You can always just do the mapping for now, and some basic eventing and wait for the release...

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Ooo, looks good. I have a question though. I'm gonna start a fangame, and do you think I should use blizzy's kit for now and move it my game over onto this once its released? Will it be hard to transfer over?

~Azura is right, work on mapping for now. You can also sprite any custom pokemon too if you'd like. However, I wouldn't recommend starting on Blizzy's kit. My scripting methods for this project are very differnt than blizzy's.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    UPDATE: Ok, I've decided to outsource the designing of the bag system (I'm still going to be scripting it, someone else is doing the art for it.) Once he gets it to me, I'll be able to finish that darned battle system.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2008
    If you need help with sprites and such, I can always help. I like to do spriting.

Anyways, I like the way this is progressing. But I'd like to suggest something. (just a suggestion, thats all)

Why not do something different with the battle system. Look, I know how people like the original Poké battle system, but I also remember that most people I know complained about the constant repeating Poké battle layout.

So why not go sideview?

I asked someone to script a battle system for me not so long ago, got no reply though so forget that part. But I wanna show you what I had in mind:

pbstj0.png

(think that face scroll on the left out of the picture)

As you see, it uses the same system as Pokémon, except that its sideview. It opens a lot of new possibilities. Moving panorama's for one. In this system, there are only 2 animation poses though. 1 is just the standing one, where the Pokémon breathes (duh) and one is where the Pokémon faints, and is called back (Pokémon turns red, pokéball animation, Pokémon disappears. Attacking is all magic animations we know from the original Pokémon games.

Anyways, keep it up like this!!

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    I think I'll just stick with th regular battle system, thanks though.
    If you wanna help, I need attack animations. I'm looking for anyone to find/ rip them for me.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Hey New2Ya, that sidewiew system wount be a bad idea but the turn system can stays there it would make it kinda better and also using different sprites (i belive those are pokemon dungeon or something like that sprites) or make your own ones because they are all just looking down and makes it look like "ugh".

Other than that, DeM0nFiRe, your bag system shure would need a better skin lol, and i hope you get it finished with the battle system and WtH you could also implement new stuff rather than just sticking to how the game is :P

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    As for the bag system, I outsourced the art, and the guy did really well. The bag system will look really cool, trust me.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    still it could use some retouches where the blue square is and in some other places but rather than that it looks really pro =)

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    What are you talking about, I haven't posted it. I'll post a screenie when I script the bag system.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    There are a few things, like screen size, that I chose not to take from the GBA games. The reason is that the games made with this kit will be a generation of there own. All new generations of pokemon have to be different somehow right? Besides, I've played games with the screen resolution of GBA on computer, it's so annoying, trust me.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • There are a few things, like screen size, that I chose not to take from the GBA games. The reason is that the games made with this kit will be a generation of there own. All new generations of pokemon have to be different somehow right? Besides, I've played games with the screen resolution of GBA on computer, it's so annoying, trust me.

It's just that it's a very big view for Pokémon. If someone wanted to make old locations, there would be some problems as some places are in a spot where you can't see them, but now you would. If one wanted the reduced size, there would be problems with the systems that would cause problems to many, especially beginners.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Oh, don't worry about that. All the graphics are resized proportionally. You will see the same stuff, just zoomed in a bit.

DeM0nFiRe

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    There are some updates, but I don't post much about it on PC because strangely enough, no one here seems interested. I have interest on other sites so I do most of the updates on those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back