• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I appear to find myself new here

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Well greetings everyone!

it's good to find fellow pokemaniac's though i know there are plenty around but usually not in a big a number as this, i'm interested in competitive Pokemon battling though i know from my time playing PO i'm not very good at it but the fact i haven't payed either of the Gen 5 games probably doesn't help...

well it'll be good meeting all you guys!

Years
    Hello there, Dusk (is it all right if I call you that?), and welcome to PC! :D

Yeah, there's tons of Pokemon fans here, young and old. I'm 21 myself; have been a fan since I was 8 or so and am still going strong. n__n We're all like that here so you'll fit in just fine. If you like competitive battling, check out our Competitive Battling Center~! You can get your teams rated and even join tournaments, which is really fun. Not everyone there is great at it for sure, we all learn as we go along.

And gen 5 was really fun for me, you should try it whenever you're able! Giving the Pokemon 100% animated sprites made the games feel so much more "alive" for me.

Anyway, it was really great to meet you! Stick around, yes? :3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Hey there DuckTwister... wow I read that wrong... DuskTwister! That's a pretty cool name you've got there :P

I wouldn't worry about not being great at competitive battling. Everybody has to start somewhere, and I know a few people on PC who started out terrible and have become fantastic since! In addition to the Competitive Battling Center, we also have a PO server here and there are people on there who can help you out to become better at it if that's what you want :).

Gen 5 changed the battle formula a little in regards to how much the attacks hit the opponent etc, so it'd definitely be worth your while to get a bit of experience with the new system. It didn't change massively, just enough that it would affect some strategies in the fancy competitive scene :P

But anyway good luck with it! There are plenty of Pokemaniacs here, so just post around and know you're among friends! :)

Years
    Well greetings everyone!

it's good to find fellow pokemaniac's though i know there are plenty around but usually not in a big a number as this, i'm interested in competitive Pokemon battling though i know from my time playing PO i'm not very good at it but the fact i haven't payed either of the Gen 5 games probably doesn't help...

well it'll be good meeting all you guys!

Hi DuskTwister. I am Hikari.

That's one cool username you have there.

I have played Pokemon games from 3rd Gen to 5th Gen. And my fave Pokemon is Oshawott. You should play Black or White, now's a great time cos we have Black 2 and White 2 coming in October.

I'm one of the older fans of Pokemon, I'm 19 and I still love Pokemon (I'm turning 20 in October) which I have been doing since I was 7.

You can check out the Competitive Battling Center, there's loads of stuff to do there. And as Shining Raichu said, 5th Gen brought some changes but thankfully you should be able to get used to it.

Feel free to talk to me via VM, I don't bite although I am quirky.

Remember to read the rules or contact a moderator.

Have a good time and make loads of friends.

- Hikari10, "Mad As Hell"

Back