• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can speak a lot of languages

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I only know English. I've always wanted to learn other languages, but I'm just absolutely horrific at doing so.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    What's wrong with you people!? Are you guys superhuman? I can barely cope up with two. D:

I know English and Filipino (Tagalog) and my grasp of them are... okay, I guess. I can write and speak fluently in both but for English, I sometimes have grmmatic errors while for Filipino, I sometimes forget uncommon simple words.

I'm trying to learn Japanese, emphasis on trying, as in, I only know certain words. Though, I know some Chinese (Mandarin) too, but only a little bit. I'm not good at languages that has characters instead of letters, hence, my Japanese calligraphy is bad, while my Chinese is even worse. (Can't barely write 'wo' or 'ni'!)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    English is my mother tongue and I have a better grasp of it than most people my age, which is cool but sometimes I look upon it as a burden. Irish is compulsory throughout our education system from the ages of five to eighteen and I've been studying it for more than a decade now. I'd say it's arguable to say I'm a 'contemporary fluent' - I can talk fine and get through conversations grand as well as teach people the basics of the language with no pressure, but when it comes to exams (analysing poems/pros), my language skills are no match. My Irish teacher told me that even people fluent in the language would have difficulty with some of the questions posed though so I guess that's alright.

My French is okay. I'm great when it comes to writing sentences out and learning vocabulary, but I struggle a lot trying to get by on an oral basis. Gonna have to step it up this year so I have a strong chance for my leaving cert when it comes around.

Back