• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] I can't catch Wiglett?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    Hi everyone. I recently started Pokemon Scarlet. On the beach near Lavencia City I can catch every Pokémon except for Wiglett. I can have a Pokémon come into contact with one but my character can't come into contact with it in time.
    Is there some reason for this that's explained later in the game or is there something I did wrong? Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    You pretty much have to creep up on it. U press B and slowly get within range to where u can throw the ball at it and then you'll be able to battle it

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I accidentally found a shortcut: drown. I stepped into the water, not realising its even less forgiving than in PLA, when I respawned the Wiglett didn't notice me

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Hi everyone. I recently started Pokemon Scarlet. On the beach near Lavencia City I can catch every Pokémon except for Wiglett. I can have a Pokémon come into contact with one but my character can't come into contact with it in time.
    Is there some reason for this that's explained later in the game or is there something I did wrong? Thanks in advance.

You can also throw the Pokéball of your lead Pokémon at Wiglett as well similar to what you can do in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. That's how I caught mine.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2023
    You can also throw the Pokéball of your lead Pokémon at Wiglett as well similar to what you can do in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. That's how I caught mine.

I think that's what I ended up doing. I had to sneak up right behind it first and then I did just what you said. The dialogue was "You caught the wild Wiglett off guard!"
    They did that on purpose apparently.

Back