• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't think of a good name either. OU RMT

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
Years
  • Alright, let's see just how good *coughyeahrightcough* this team is.

Breloom@ Toxic Orb
    Adamant
    Poison Heal
    Ev's:252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP

Moves:Spore, Focus Punch, Seed Bomb, Stone Edge

Basic sweeper ev spread. Breloom is actually a pretty good lead. Spore is to, hopefully, stop SR users from setting up. It also sets me up for a good Focus Punch whether they switch or not. Seed Bomb is for STAB, and Stone Edge handles those pesky flying types. A pretty good lead, I suppose.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Sandstream
    Ev's:252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP

Moves:Stone Edge, Thunder Fang, Stealth Rock, Earthquake.

I don't really see the point in giving Spe Ev's, since T-Tar's speed is pretty much unsalvageable, so I just turned him into a tank. His defense should buy me enough time for SR. Stone Edge for STAB. I'm wanting to put something over Thunder Fang, so suggestions would be nice. SR and Eartquake are for obvious reasons.

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    Technician
    Ev's:252 Atk, 140 Def, 116 Spe

Moves:Bullet Punch, Brick Break, Night Slash, Aerial Ace.

Ev spread+Choice Scarf makes for a pretty good sweeper/revenge killer, mostly the latter. Plus, he gets a nice Sp. def boost courtesy of T-tar's Sandstream. Bullet Punch is a great priority move with STAB and Technician boosts. Brick Break for Blissey and the like. Night Slash and Aerial Ace are both pretty good, too, but again, suggestions for moves are welcome.

Gyarados @ Wacan Berry (Please give me another item.)
    Adamant
    Intimidate
    Ev's:252 Atk, 232 Spe, 24 Sp. Def

Moves:Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Waterfall.

Ev spread is pretty obvious. A few evs in Sp. Def to give it a little extra resistance. Earthquake says hi, electric types. If you need me to explain DD, then just get out. Ice Fang is for Gliscor and those unsavory dragons. Finally, waterfall is just good STAB, I'd say.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Adamant
    Motor Drive
    Ev's:4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe

Moves:EQ, Ice Punch, Cross Chop, and Thunder Punch.

Again, basic sweeper ev spread. EQ for electric types he switches into from Gyarados. Ice Punch for type coverage. Cross Chop for Heatran and other Steel types. Thunder Punch=STAB.

Garchomp @ Chesto Berry (You'll see.)
    Adamant
    Sand Veil
    Ev's:252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp

Moves:Rest, Dragon Claw, Swords Dance, Fire Fang

...I just realized I don't have a Special Sweeper. Hmm. Anyway, Swords Dance to get attack power. Once his health gets low enough, use rest to bring it back up. Sand storm support helps plenty. Then Chesto berry works its magic and he starts sweeping away.

I'd say this a pretty good team. But now that I realize I don't have special sweeper, I think I might switch Electivire with this.

Jolteon @ Wise Glasses
    Modest Nature
    Volt Absorb
    Ev's:252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp

Moves:Hidden Power Dragon, Charge Beam, Shadow Ball, Thunder Bolt

I know what you're thinking. "WTF? Hidden Power dragon?" Well, I couldn't get grass or ice like I had intended because I don't know squat about IV's. Besides, can you honestly tell me you'd see it coming? And I preferred Wise Glasses over Choice Specs simply so I wouldn't be limited to one move. That, and I've already given to my Choice Specs to a Mewtwo I got off the GTS. Charge beam should help gain additional power to make up for it. It and Thunder Bolt both have STAB. And Shadow Ball helps with any unwanted ghosts such as Gengar and the like.

Well, that about does it. So, what's the damage?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Breloom is fine apart from the EV spread : 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe gives you max poison heal recovery.

Tars set is umm no. Use 252 HP / 42 Att / 216 S.Def @ Careful @ Chesto Berry SR/Stone Edge/Pursuit/EQ or Rest and lead with it. Lets you tank

Scarf Scizor is umm but sure if it work. Use Max speed though.

Vire wants Meditate >> Cross Chop @ Life Orb.

Gyarados is fine.

Garchomp is banned as its uber so remove it.

Ill come back later to point out the weaks.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • D_A beat me and said everything i wanted to and a little more....

Last edited:

Ev Trainer X

Years
  • Well, I like to be unorthodox. Besides, I can't change the Ev's because these are Pokemon I've already trained. But like I said, moves and item changes are helpful. As for Garchomp, well, I don't do competitive matches anyway, so that really doesn't matter.

Oh, and I don't have a life orb, which is annoying. And I think I'll switch Vire with Jolteon so I can have a special sweeper.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Scizor @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly
    Technician
    Ev's:252 Atk, 140 Def, 116 Spe

Moves:Bullet Punch, Brick Break, Night Slash, Aerial Ace.

Ev spread+Choice Scarf makes for a pretty good sweeper/revenge killer, mostly the latter. Plus, he gets a nice Sp. def boost courtesy of T-tar's Sandstream. Bullet Punch is a great priority move with STAB and Technician boosts. Brick Break for Blissey and the like. Night Slash and Aerial Ace are both pretty good, too, but again, suggestions for moves are welcome.
    Why? I don't recall Scizor being a Rock-type Pokemon.
    As for Garchomp, well, I don't do competitive matches anyway, so that really doesn't matter.
    What's this team for then?

Ev Trainer X

Years
  • You telling me steel types don't get the same boost?

Plus, it's really just for random battling.

Edit: Alright, I just got a Quiet Larvitar and I'm currently training it. Thanks to the poke modifier, Ev training is SO much easier. But I doubt I'll train another Scyther since I have no way of trading it. Everything else, eh, we'll see.

Last edited:
    Years
  • For t-tar i would suggest pursuit or ice punch although thunder fang cant hurt cosidering gyrados but stone edge can cover that.Pursuit will be good for you when you switch in to counter and they switch out then you can scare them off and lay some rocks.For gyra I would suggest leftovers but then again wacan berry is genious and probably the best item ive heard since chomp yache berry.It will gaurentee at least one DD and make a sweep but think carfully about the ev and iv spread because it needs a little bulk and and little att and a little speed to jump things off.Chomp and mewtwo is uber so I dont know why there their but jolteon is cool to but you might wanna think of something else IDK?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • You telling me steel types don't get the same boost?

Plus, it's really just for random battling.

Edit: Alright, I just got a Quiet Larvitar and I'm currently training it. Thanks to the poke modifier, Ev training is SO much easier. But I doubt I'll train another Scyther since I have no way of trading it. Everything else, eh, we'll see.

If you aren't prepared to breed a decent team, don't even bother with competitive battling. Just give up.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well, I like to be unorthodox. Besides, I can't change the Ev's because these are Pokemon I've already trained. But like I said, moves and item changes are helpful. As for Garchomp, well, I don't do competitive matches anyway, so that really doesn't matter.

There is a difference between unorthodox and flat out bad sets lol

Either way, there really is no point in this thread if its "just for random battles" and you arent prepared for breeding. Since you know, this is a competitive forum. :/

Last edited:

Ev Trainer X

Years
  • Actually, I AM breeding, thank you. I just wanted to know how I could improve this team.

If you aren't prepared to breed a decent team, don't even bother with competitive battling. Just give up.

I've already given on alot of things. My hobby will not be one of them.

Last edited:
    Back