• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I didn't open it! (at least you dont think so)

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    I need help ASAP. I brought the new sims games, DVD edition. Now, I dunno if there is something I can do to to make it run but right now I just want the CD rom or my $52.49 back.

Turns out my computer doesn't play DVDs. EBgames policy is very strict. For me to get the CD rom disk, I have to prove that this one wasn't opened.

I slit the tape on the bottom, but it won't stick when I put it back together... Scrap the particles off anf put some glue on it?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thankx

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    I just read my EBGames recipt that's hanging on the wall and it said that if a game was opened you can exchange it for the same item. I'm not sure if they would let you exchange you Sims 2 DVD thing for the CD-ROM but you can try. That's all I know.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 27, 2012
    Kip-kip said:
    I just read my EBGames recipt that's hanging on the wall and it said that if a game was opened you can exchange it for the same item. I'm not sure if they would let you exchange you Sims 2 DVD thing for the CD-ROM but you can try. That's all I know.

I know, it is the same item. Unless they mean exactly the same, they are sold out of CD roms though(I think). But if I tell them that I opened, will they give me the exact same DVD game.

I'm gonna try scraping the small particles off the tape and some of the glue stick.

Kiri

Breeder & Berry Grower
    Years
    Jowood-
    you just need the right software to play DVDs. If there's a CD drive in an XP, then it'll play them once you've got the right software.
    That'll save you a lot of time and tape scraping.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Your CD Drive has to be a certain kind to run DVDs...

So you'll either have to try to work it out with the EBGames peopels, or you'll have to upgrade your CD drive to a CD/DVD drive.

aaaaaa

You should just be able to take it back and explain your problem. If they dont have the CDRom version instore, ask for them to give you store credit as a presell for it. That way when it comes in, you'll get a call and be able to pick it up on the day.
    Don't try and pull one over the EBgames people, we know when a game has been opened ^_~

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    You work at EB? *jealous*

Just upgrade, it's not very expensive. (Yeah, what am I talking about, I don't even have a DVD-ROM drive or a DVD player yet. o_O)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The job does sound dreamy, but it does have its drawbacks. ^_^;
    And…yeah, since it's the same game, they should just swap it, I think. How sad am I--I didn't even realize they put PC games on DVDs. <.< I guess it make senses since console games are, but oh well. o_x;

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    *is gonna apply to an EBGames in December* >_>

And umm... good luck talking to 'em.

aaaaaa

Yeah, we have a few games on PC-DVD. Farcry, UT2004, Sims 2, and coming soon is Everquest 2, MoH: PA and a few others. It's finally got to the point where we have a PCDV section in our system.

And yeah, there are drawbacks. Abby knows all about those.

Last edited:
    Back