• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I dont have a name for the hack yet but? Pokemon Kanto Rebuilt

Years
  • This quarantine sucks! So I'm going to be working on my own rom hack for as long as I can, right now I have basic mapping and some functional sprites done! But I'm working on it every day, here's my general gist

"Years ago scientists in Kanto borrowed data gathered at Hoenn's Weather Institute and attempted to create a machine that could stop large storms. Being able to put a stop to typhoons and storms could save thousands of lives! However other forces wanted this machine as well, and due to some foul play, it went berserk. Dozens of catastrophic natural disasters struck Kanto at once, Tornadoes devastated its forests, earthquakes split Rock Tunnel in half, Typhoons flooded the region and a volcano hidden beneath Cinnabar island went off. However thanks to the help of its powerful trainers, Kanto managed to survive this destruction.

Now more than a decade later, life has continued on Kanto, and many new species of Pokemon have emerged! Older species adapting to their new surroundings have mixed with the normal wildlife!

As Oak's newest intern he has delegated you and 2 others to explore the region and document these new species, and how they interact with the native wildlife"

What I want to do
    1. Basically a whole region wide "Regional Variant" for pokemon, basically new forms for almost every original 151! (I say almost cause I'm not strong enough to acknowledge mr mime)

2 Higher importance on exploration rather than just "fight gym, walk to next town, train, fight gym, etc" I want to make Kanto fresh and fun to explore!

3. Interesting story with a minimum on Original Characters's, I like kanto! But honestly gamefreak's remakes never want to work with the source material and make new stuff, so I want explore as much of the base characters and gym leaders before I add new characters

4. Rival Revamp: More Blue/Gary story and fights, keep him rude but show off why he is a dingle and how much of a dingle he can be. Daisy Oak as a third rival? (Blue/Gary's sister that just stays in pallet town for no reason)

6. Fun Challenge that doesn't require long grinding sessions

Years
  • The whole idea of a weather machine that goes haywire destroying the region is honestly pretty darn creative. Landscapes will be completely different, making for an all new adventure experience.

Are you interested in the idea of making Fakemon for the game? I mean, it's been decades since the original games, and the hostile environment surely would produce new species during those years.

Aside from this, what would we name the new formes of Pokemon? Kantonian? Kantic?

Years
  • The whole idea of a weather machine that goes haywire destroying the region is honestly pretty darn creative. Landscapes will be completely different, making for an all new adventure experience.

Are you interested in the idea of making Fakemon for the game? I mean, it's been decades since the original games, and the hostile environment surely would produce new species during those years.

Aside from this, what would we name the new formes of Pokemon? Kantonian? Kantic?

1. Thanks! I imagine certain towns would have had to relocate, or brand new routes would be created to accommodate for new locations!
    2. In terms of fakemon im trying to keep it limited to the current 151, I wouldnt be opposed to pre-evos or even new evolutions, but my main goal is the alternate forms, I was thinking of tossing some pre-evos onto pokemon like tauros to make things interesting, as well as include some gen 2 pokemon since obviously the storms would have affected Johto as well
    3. as of right now I've just been calling then altered forms, however I was toying around with the idea of calling them Genome Forms? or Neo Forms? Im not sure yet

Years
  • Hot damn that last idea of your would make a great name for this project. Pokemon Altered Neo Version?

Years
  • Pretty much every romhack / fangame I've encountered has a hint of edginess in them lmao. You'll fit right in.

Years
  • This idea is great but with the Oversaturation of Kanto and Gen 1 stuff even by The Pokemon Company, do you really want to do a Kanto revamp? I'd love to see this idea applied to something like Unova which is practically a Circle and could use some areas of exploration.

Also it'd be better if the form names are called something like Cataclysmic or Catastrophic forms, because of their origin due to natural calamities in the reigon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Hey man your Idea is great ngl, I'd love to play it, but you've posted this in the wrong section. You should be posting this in the Launchpad Section of ROM Hacking Help.

EDIT: Also, I someone has already made a hack like this. It's called Pokemon DarkViolet and barring the Alternate Formes, what you described in the Original Post is basically what DarkViolet is.(It even has the edginess that Roniverse mentioned) You should check it out to get some inspiration and give Credit to its creator when using his ideas.

Years
  • Hey man your Idea is great ngl, I'd love to play it, but you've posted this in the wrong section. You should be posting this in the Launchpad Section of ROM Hacking Help.

EDIT: Also, I someone has already made a hack like this. It's called Pokemon DarkViolet and barring the Alternate Formes, what you described in the Original Post is basically what DarkViolet is.(It even has the edginess that Roniverse mentioned) You should check it out to get some inspiration and give Credit to its creator when using his ideas.

1. Oh Jeez Im sorry, should I delete this thread and just make a new post? or is there a way to move it?
    2.Thats really cool! Ill give it a look! The idea of alternate forms came from a conversation I had with a friend on how it sucks how we only get 5-7 regional forms per game, and how it'd be cool if there were regional forms based on where you are in the region, like if a rattata in route 1 was completely different from one in a route on the other side of the region

Years
  • This idea is great but with the Oversaturation of Kanto and Gen 1 stuff even by The Pokemon Company, do you really want to do a Kanto revamp? I'd love to see this idea applied to something like Unova which is practically a Circle and could use some areas of exploration.

Also it'd be better if the form names are called something like Cataclysmic or Catastrophic forms, because of their origin due to natural calamities in the reigon.

1. Im a baby when it comes to rom hacking, my only experience is with spriting and writing, which is why Im doing Gen 1, Since its what im most familiar with, I'd like to be able to change up the region to a point where it feels completely fresh, and honestly if Gen 4-5 had the same rom hacking utilities as Gen 3 Id move over in a heartbeat
    2. Cataclysmic sounds like a cool form name for a legendary!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    1. Oh Jeez Im sorry, should I delete this thread and just make a new post? or is there a way to move it?

Moved it for ya. Probably the easiest way to get things to move is to report them. But mods read a lot of the threads, so there's a good chance things will just move "on their own" so to speak :)

Years
  • This quarantine sucks! So I'm going to be working on my own rom hack for as long as I can, right now I have basic mapping and some functional sprites done! But I'm working on it every day, here's my general gist

"Years ago scientists in Kanto borrowed data gathered at Hoenn's Weather Institute and attempted to create a machine that could stop large storms. Being able to put a stop to typhoons and storms could save thousands of lives! However other forces wanted this machine as well, and due to some foul play, it went berserk. Dozens of catastrophic natural disasters struck Kanto at once, Tornadoes devastated its forests, earthquakes split Rock Tunnel in half, Typhoons flooded the region and a volcano hidden beneath Cinnabar island went off. However thanks to the help of its powerful trainers, Kanto managed to survive this destruction.

Now more than a decade later, life has continued on Kanto, and many new species of Pokemon have emerged! Older species adapting to their new surroundings have mixed with the normal wildlife!

As Oak's newest intern he has delegated you and 2 others to explore the region and document these new species, and how they interact with the native wildlife"

What I want to do
    1. Basically a whole region wide "Regional Variant" for pokemon, basically new forms for almost every original 151! (I say almost cause I'm not strong enough to acknowledge mr mime)

2 Higher importance on exploration rather than just "fight gym, walk to next town, train, fight gym, etc" I want to make Kanto fresh and fun to explore!

3. Interesting story with a minimum on Original Characters's, I like kanto! But honestly gamefreak's remakes never want to work with the source material and make new stuff, so I want explore as much of the base characters and gym leaders before I add new characters

4. Rival Revamp: More Blue/Gary story and fights, keep him rude but show off why he is a dingle and how much of a dingle he can be. Daisy Oak as a third rival? (Blue/Gary's sister that just stays in pallet town for no reason)

6. Fun Challenge that doesn't require long grinding sessions

Oh.
    I got names.
    Pokémon: Dusk of Mankind
    Pokémon: Final Hour
    Pokémon: Backfire Version

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Honestly if Gen 4-5 had the same rom hacking utilities as Gen 3 Id move over in a heartbeat.

I think what he meant was using Gen 5 Pokémon in a Gen 3 game. Like Fire Red but with Kantonian Formes of Unova Pokémon (which does sound like one solid idea to me). And with stuff like Leon and Ultima Soul's Patch and CFRU, it should be easy to have Gen 5 Pokemon in your Game.

Years
  • I think what he meant was using Gen 5 Pokémon in a Gen 3 game. Like Fire Red but with Kantonian Formes of Unova Pokémon (which does sound like one solid idea to me). And with stuff like Leon and Ultima Soul's Patch and CFRU, it should be easy to have Gen 5 Pokemon in your Game.

Thats..... actually a really solid idea, I was thinking of slapping some Johto pokemon in since they would've obviously been effected as well but other region's pokemon moving in would be pretty cool!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Interesting......... your story do look like good
    also your feature do look (TEMPTING)

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2020
    I like the idea of regional variants. I hope you find a team and a spriter. Unfortunately, I am probably going to be too busy to contribute.

Back