• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resolved: I Don't Have The Quote Button

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    I promise this isn't a troll account. I attached a screen shot as a form of proof that I don't see the Quote button when viewing other people's posts/replies. I'm pretty confident I'd be able to quote manually with the formatting, but I think it would gradually save me a lot of time if I was able to quickly press "QUOTE" on someone's reply.

Spoiler:

Is there a setting I ticked by accident? I don't know how I could possibly not have it. It's bizarre. Instead, I have a "Respond" button that seemingly does nothing. I've tried on Firefox on PC but also on Safari on Mac. I also tried zooming out in the Firefox browser on PC, and it's still not there.

I'm aware this is very much not a big deal. I know I'll get around the forum fine without the Quote button, but I wish I knew what was wrong, even if there's no way to fix it.

Years
  • I promise this isn't a troll account. I attached a screen shot as a form of proof that I don't see the Quote button when viewing other people's posts/replies. I'm pretty confident I'd be able to quote manually with the formatting, but I think it would gradually save me a lot of time if I was able to quickly press "QUOTE" on someone's reply.

Is there a setting I ticked by accident? I don't know how I could possibly not have it. It's bizarre. Instead, I have a "Respond" button that seemingly does nothing. I've tried on Firefox on PC but also on Safari on Mac. I also tried zooming out in the Firefox browser on PC, and it's still not there.

I'm aware this is very much not a big deal. I know I'll get around the forum fine without the Quote button, but I wish I knew what was wrong, even if there's no way to fix it.

So the 'Respond' button is in fact what you use to quote posts here on PC.

When you select Respond, it will essentially store that post for quoting, as shown by the below:

I Don't Have The Quote Button

Once you have selected the post you want to quote, hit the bottom button (the one with the 1 on it) and it will then put the quoted post (including BBCode) into your reply, just like I've done to quote you in fact!

You can also do this with multiple posts at once - simply hit Respond on each post you want to quote and do the same thing; all the posts will then be put into your reply, all set up as quotes.

Hope this has helped but if you're still stuck, let us know.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    I promise this isn't a troll account. I attached a screen shot as a form of proof that I don't see the Quote button when viewing other people's posts/replies. I'm pretty confident I'd be able to quote manually with the formatting, but I think it would gradually save me a lot of time if I was able to quickly press "QUOTE" on someone's reply.

To quote someone, hit Respond on their post. Ought to say "Selected" now. Next, look for the pencil in a circle icon in the bottom-right of your screen. Looks like this:

Displays a "1" next to it due to 1 post being selected. Click the icon. Should result in the post being properly quoted in the text entry box. (Warning: Erases anything you had written there.)

To quote multiple posts, click Respond on all the posts in order. Then hit the pencil icon. (Does not always work properly. Sometimes drops one or two posts. Try again if it fails.)

Or are you missing the pencil icon entirely? Could be an overzealous add-on (like an adblocker) blocking it.

Edit: Ninja'd. Oh well.

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 26
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    To quote someone, hit Respond on their post. Ought to say "Selected" now. Next, look for the pencil in a circle icon in the bottom-right of your screen. Looks like this:
    View attachment 106447

Displays a "1" next to it due to 1 post being selected. Click the icon. Should result in the post being properly quoted in the text entry box. (Warning: Erases anything you had written there.)

To quote multiple posts, click Respond on all the posts in order. Then hit the pencil icon. (Does not always work properly. Sometimes drops one or two posts. Try again if it fails.)

Or are you missing the pencil icon entirely? Could be an overzealous add-on (like an adblocker) blocking it.

Edit: Ninja'd. Oh well.

So the 'Respond' button is in fact what you use to quote posts here on PC.

When you select Respond, it will essentially store that post for quoting, as shown by the below:

Once you have selected the post you want to quote, hit the bottom button (the one with the 1 on it) and it will then put the quoted post (including BBCode) into your reply, just like I've done to quote you in fact!

You can also do this with multiple posts at once - simply hit Respond on each post you want to quote and do the same thing; all the posts will then be put into your reply, all set up as quotes.

Hope this has helped but if you're still stuck, let us know.

Oh, wow, that's really helpful. Thank you both for explaining this to me.

Back