• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I feel so cheap for doing it.

Years
  • I feel your pain and can totally understand why you did it - I've given up on using the Battle Spot as it's filled with Protean Greninjas and prefer to battle with my favourites (even though I never win lol), instead just batting Passers By etc. but more power to you if you've found a way to make it work :) I have several temptations (Protean Froakies) sitting in my box from Wonder Trade but thus far I've managed to resist lol xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I agree, Protean Greninja is one of the stronger Pokemon in OU now. Besides the megas and a few others, it's at the top! I love its Protean ability, don't feel bad that you're crushing your opponents! They should expect it because Greninja has become so popular.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Lately, I have had a streak of wins. All I did was just follow the same formula as everyone else. Making a team of some of the cheapest pokemon along with my favorite Pokemon of all time: Arcanine!

My team has:

Gale wings Talonflame
    Bullet Punching Mega Scizor
    Adaptability Mega Lucario
    Prankster Illumise
    Life orb Greninja
    Focus Sash Tyranitar
    Choice Specs Jolteon
    Choice Band Dugtrio
    Multi Scale/Dragon Dance/Weakness Policy Dragonite

I mean, why the heck would we use any other Pokemon. When these CLEARLY were exclusively meant for combat (Sarcasm). All the other Pokemon were meant to be collected and NEVER used (Sarcasm). God I hate myself for using cheap teams.

wait wait hold up -

Prankster Illumise

A-are are you saying - that... that prankster Illumise is a top tier common team member in competitive play online now? ;~; :'D

Also point stands that mach punch just wrecks greninja. Or hey, why not klefki it? Specially defensive klefki should be able to ruin proninja with either thunder wave or something like light screen, confides, or other annoyances.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
  • As I said in a previous thread, this seems to be a constant problem with today's generation of trainers. No one is prepared to take the chance on an honourable loss by battling their way, and would much rather depart from their favorite style and win with brute force or "cheap" tactics that just bore the arse off most people and drain the joy from battling altogether.

I'll tell you what, Jux - I would like to battle you sometime. I don't subscribe to any sort of huge tactical play, I just battle the way I enjoy battling and i'm a bit of a purist. If you are interested, PM me. My friend code is at the bottom.

By the way, winning and losing ultimately mean nothing. If you don't enjoy the process, then the result is pointless.

I have to disagree with you there, let's take me for example, umm.... well, let's just say I like making people dark souls rage quit (don't forget handhelds can be thrown through windows)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    wait wait hold up -

A-are are you saying - that... that prankster Illumise is a top tier common team member in competitive play online now? ;~; :'D

Also point stands that mach punch just wrecks greninja. Or hey, why not klefki it? Specially defensive klefki should be able to ruin proninja with either thunder wave or something like light screen, confides, or other annoyances.
    I'm pretty sure that almost no one uses Illumise in standard play these days. Most people opt for Klefki, Thundurus, or Sableye as their Prankster.

But I do agree that Klefki wrecks Greninja. Priority Thunder Wave removes one of its 2 greatest assets, its Speed, and Greninja doesn't have much to touch Mr. Jingles with. Not to mention Klefki is generally useful all around.

I've always thought that Greninja is good, but not overpowered. Not at all. It's pretty frail, and while it gets STAB on everything, base 103 Sp.Attack isn't earth-shattering. It's good against enemy sweepers, but bulky attackers handle it fairly well, I think. Yes, it can change it's type so now that Thunderbolt won't be supereffective against it anymore, but neutral attacks still do a number on it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    wait wait hold up -

A-are are you saying - that... that prankster Illumise is a top tier common team member in competitive play online now? ;~; :'D.

I never claimed that Illumise was commonly used in competitive play. However, a Prankster Pokémon of any kind is used very competitively. I just happen to choose Illumise as my Prankster of choice.

Back