• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Got A Nintendo Ds Lite Yesterday! =)) With New Super Mario Bros!

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Even though I already own a DS, I want to get a DS lite. I have valid reason though! My very good friend's only owned game system is a GBA SP with a non-working backlight, and if I were to get a DS lite, I'd give him my old DS, a GBA game and a DS game, in his case preferably Mario Kart DS. I find it to be a good thing for both of us, instead of me trading in the DS and getting about US $50 for it, maybe more if I am lucky, and him buying a whole new DS, a GBA game and MKDS... o.o

Anyhow, congrats, Olan14.

~Sneasel

1nintendofanZ

The One Who Makes It Happen
    Years
    Dactylus said:
    I'm strongly inclined to concur, I have to say. Strongly.

Any soul who already has a DS and still purchases one of these Lite models is surely on an evolutionary hierarchy completely seperate from ours, in which they belong to a genus consisting only of them that was born without reproductive organs. Neither intelligent design nor Darwins evolutionary theory (whichever you choose to believe) has any wish for these pitifully dim beings to procrate. And so, if you belong to this...selective, shall we say, society, don't waste your time shedding angry words at this post. Instead, go enjoy your new bauble.

Enjoy it while your species exists. Good day to you.

(Note: If somebody actually gets angry at this, you are obviously a very skilled comedian.)
    I resent that!!!
    And why you may ask because I just got one today.

Dactylus

Your card has been declined.
    Years
    1nintendofanZ said:
    I resent that!!!
    And why you may ask because I just got one today.

Why I may ask? No, I'd rather not ask. It's obvious why you resented it, since the entire post was focused on exposing the idiocy of people who buy a DS Lite while already owning a DS. So you see, I really don't want to, or need to, ask.

Additionally, if you already owned a normal DS and proceeded to purchase a DS Lite, FanZ...well, I'll say that I pity you. I'll say that. While I'm sure you thought spending over a hundred dollars on something you already had was a good idea at the time, and possibly still do depending on your ability to recognize and admit mistakes you've made, I'm in the opinion that it was not.

But hey, don't let me damper your good spirits. Go have fun with your brighter backlight. Only cost you a hundred bucks, right?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    InKVit said:
    Pfft DS, i dont think i have bothered with this console.. PSP > DS
    InKVit incase you haven't noticed, this isn't a PSP vs DS thread, so take it elsewhere.

Dactylus said:
    Why I may ask? No, I'd rather not ask. It's obvious why you resented it, since the entire post was focused on exposing the idiocy of people who buy a DS Lite while already owning a DS. So you see, I really don't want to, or need to, ask.

Additionally, if you already owned a normal DS and proceeded to purchase a DS Lite, FanZ...well, I'll say that I pity you. I'll say that. While I'm sure you thought spending over a hundred dollars on something you already had was a good idea at the time, and possibly still do depending on your ability to recognize and admit mistakes you've made, I'm in the opinion that it was not.

But hey, don't let me damper your good spirits. Go have fun with your brighter backlight. Only cost you a hundred bucks, right?
    Someone is jacked up on cool aid.
    Now what's the big deal with someone going out and getting a DSLite if they already got a DS? The DSLite is smaller, brighter and IMO looks better then the normal DS. I got a GBA and it still works yet I went out and got an SP a few months after they came out. Was I thinking "Oh I spent over a hundred bucks on my SP when my normal GBA still works"? Heck no, I was happy I had a smaller GBA with a light on the screen. And if I get a DSLite then I won't feel like I threw my money out the window because I got a better, smaller, brighter DS.

Dactylus

Years
    Indeed. The Lord forbid you should go without a smaller, brighter system. After all, just because the brilliant glow of a normal DS can pierce any darkness and allow for gaming easily, an even brighter screen is a luxury nobody should be without. I mean, after all, it's a BRIGHTER screen. BRIGHTER than BRIGHT. Who needs the normal, powerful screen when you can have one even stronger? And for only a hundred bucks even!

Not superfluous at all. I agree.

In all seriousness, if you all REALLY feel the need to go use that good money on something you don't need AT ALL since you already have a perfectly fine DS, go ahead. I say spend it on something you don't have. A better video card, more ram, actual games, or a load of fantastic novels. But it's you're money, waste it to your hearts content, sirs.

If you don't have a DS, the Lite is an excellent deal, as it is better than a normal version. Though, I reiterate, not to the extent where it constitutes purchase if an original is owned by said consumer. Also the GBA/SP analogy, Arcanine? A brave attempt, but it fails because of one thing. While both DS's have backlights, the normal Gameboy Advance (as opposed to the SP) did not. The use of a backlight allowed for a far more versatile and ridiculously better system, as well as the SP design eliminating many of the GBA flaws. This could be considered money well spent by some, and I wouldn't berate someone for making the acquisition.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm arguing this point...

Skitty101

Crazed Advanceshipper!!
    Years
    There's one thing I'm confused about the Nintendo DS lite. If is so small how can it play GBA games? Is there a whole new game pak specialized for the DS lite? Anyway, congrats. ;)

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Skitty101 said:
    There's one thing I'm confused about the Nintendo DS lite. If is so small how can it play GBA games? Is there a whole new game pak specialized for the DS lite?

Actually, your old GBA game paks will continue to work with the DS lite, they will just stick out about 1 centimeter from the GBA slot, instead of being all the way in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_Lite said:
    However, the GBA cartridges now slightly protrude about 1 cm from the DS Lite's casing. The DS Lite also comes with a non-protruding GBA filler cartridge, to protect the slot and maintain the slick aesthetics of the handheld when no GBA game is inserted.
    ~Sneasel

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Dactylus said:
    Indeed. The Lord forbid you should go without a smaller, brighter system. After all, just because the brilliant glow of a normal DS can pierce any darkness and allow for gaming easily, an even brighter screen is a luxury nobody should be without. I mean, after all, it's a BRIGHTER screen. BRIGHTER than BRIGHT. Who needs the normal, powerful screen when you can have one even stronger? And for only a hundred bucks even!

Not superfluous at all. I agree.

In all seriousness, if you all REALLY feel the need to go use that good money on something you don't need AT ALL since you already have a perfectly fine DS, go ahead. I say spend it on something you don't have. A better video card, more ram, actual games, or a load of fantastic novels. But it's you're money, waste it to your hearts content, sirs.

If you don't have a DS, the Lite is an excellent deal, as it is better than a normal version. Though, I reiterate, not to the extent where it constitutes purchase if an original is owned by said consumer. Also the GBA/SP analogy, Arcanine? A brave attempt, but it fails because of one thing. While both DS's have backlights, the normal Gameboy Advance (as opposed to the SP) did not. The use of a backlight allowed for a far more versatile and ridiculously better system, as well as the SP design eliminating many of the GBA flaws. This could be considered money well spent by some, and I wouldn't berate someone for making the acquisition.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm arguing this point...

Neither can I, since it's such a dumb comment; just having a DS doesn't mean getting a DS Lite is dumb.

For one thing, it's been a while since the DS was released, and I bet there are some people whose DS's batteries are losing their ability to charge. This obviously kills what you called the " brilliant glow of a normal DS can pierce any darkness and allow for gaming easily". This gives said player two choices (assuming the dimmed light is unacceptable): either purchase a new battery and replace it or, if that is not a valid option, buy a new system. And if you're going to buy a new system, then why not go for the smaller, brighter one at no extra cost?

There's also the cosmetic issue. There are quite a few DS owners out there that have noticed by now that the original DS is a bit chunky to carry. The DS Lite, however, fits much nicer into carrying bags/pockets (hence why the Game Boy Pocket was such a hit way back when). Oh, and let's not forget those scuffs/CRACKS that those DSs might have sustained from being dropped.

That's why I'm getting a DS Lite, even though I already have a DS. My current DS has a cracked hinge and the light is getting dimmer, and I have nowhere nearby from where I can purchase a battery (the last one that I purchased online died after 6 recharges). However, I have another reason: Diamond & Pearl. I plan on getting BOTH of these games, and am going to need a second system to be able to trade between the two (as I have for R/B, G/S, R/S, & FR/LG).

Oh, I almost forgot: there's also the design flaws in the DS that are fixed in the Lite. The Power button is moved away from the control pad, meaning that there are no more accidental switch-offs when you're just trying to go up somewhere. The stylus is also larger and easier to get a grip on, which is nice for large hands or just plain butterfingers. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that the middle hinge is now one solid joint instead of two seperate joints, removing the possibility of breaking part of it and having the top half start moving out if place freely.

This doesn't mean that I'm going to go rush out to my nearest Wal-Mart and pay $130 for it, oh no. EBay is very useful for this in that several DS Lites are on there for around $80-90 each. It might still be almost a hundred dollars, but at least it's better than the store.

Now, here's a question for you: have you even TRIED the new DS Lite yet?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Dactylus said:
    That's right, it's bad bad bad if you don't got a smaller brighter DS. It's like a car without any tires, it's just not going to happen.

Dactylus said:
    Frankly it's none of your business if I spend my money on a DSLite or not. I don't need a better video card, my RAM is maxed out on my laptop, there's no good games out that I want, and I hate books. I'll tell you what, for me buying a PSP is more stupid then buying a DSLite when having a DS. I spent $300 dollars on a worthless game system and game. I got a $250 dollar paper weight in my room, sitting on my desk making friends with dust. If I got a $130 dollar DSLite do you think I'd have more use for it then what I have with my PSP? Hell yes, I use my DS all the time. And if I wasn't saving up for the other sytems and if I had $130 bucks then I'd sure as hell go out and buy me a smaller DS. Because one of the main things I hate is it being so big. The size of the Lite works out great for fitting in my pocket.

Dactylus said:
    Also the GBA/SP analogy, Arcanine? A brave attempt, but it fails because of one thing. While both DS's have backlights, the normal Gameboy Advance (as opposed to the SP) did not. The use of a backlight allowed for a far more versatile and ridiculously better system, as well as the SP design eliminating many of the GBA flaws. This could be considered money well spent by some, and I wouldn't berate someone for making the acquisition.
    It's no friggen attempt, it's the flat out truth. Look at it this way, how many GBA owners that played their GBA a good bit didn't have a worm light or some other light for their GBA? Everyone I know that had a normal GBA had a light for it. Everyone had a light for their GBA so what was the need for someone to get an SP? It had a brighter light and was smaller, isn't that what you're talking about with the DS and DSLite *shocked*? So the analogy still stands, so what if the light was on the outside, it was still a light.

And if the DSLite is such a stupid thing for DS owners to buy then how come the DSLite has sold 136,000 in two days? How many of them 136K do you think is DS owners? I can bet a good many of them. So that's a lot of stupid people.

Dactylus

Years
    I'm going to contend with Arcanine first, I think his points are more flawed then Ichas.

Frankly it's none of your business if I spend my money on a DSLite or not. I don't need a better video card, my RAM is maxed out on my laptop, there's no good games out that I want, and I hate books.

That's true. Which is why I said, "But it's your money, waste it to your hearts content." Please read before responding. I can see you have an exceptional computer, good for you. But your loathing of books troubles me, Arcanine. Personally, I believe books outdo video games in many ways if written correctly, such as the Wheel of Time series. While I won't force you, or even suggest, to swallow my opinion as your own, I hope you give that particular series a try. They're really quite great.

I'll tell you what, for me buying a PSP is more stupid then buying a DSLite when having a DS.

Why do you feel you need to buy one of them in the first place? If you have nothing else to spend money on, you feel it necessary to just go and buy some luxury instead of storing your cash for a time you might need it? Well, if that's how you want to live your life, have at it.

It's no friggen attempt, it's the flat out truth. Look at it this way, how many GBA owners that played their GBA a good bit didn't have a worm light or some other light for their GBA? Everyone I know that had a normal GBA had a light for it. Everyone had a light for their GBA so what was the need for someone to get an SP? It had a brighter light and was smaller, isn't that what you're talking about with the DS and DSLite *shocked*? So the analogy still stands, so what if the light was on the outside, it was still a light.

You honestly need to calm down, Arcanine. This isn't some fury-stoked arena where the angriest will emerge victorious, foes blood staining his hands. We're talking about game consoles here, not the fate of a small country.

*I* for one had no GBA light, nor did anybody I knew but one friend, who found it walking about one day and claimed it. Perhaps the people you know have wallets gorged with extra bills, some of us aren't so fortunate. And by the way, the SP was at least HALF the size of the GBA. No so with DS/Lite. If you're so strung up about it, I'll recognize your analogy as okay, alright? No need to get angry over a spat with someone a forum about such trivial things.

And if the DSLite is such a stupid thing for DS owners to buy then how come the DSLite has sold 136,000 in two days? How many of them 136K do you think is DS owners? I can bet a good many of them. So that's a lot of stupid people.

Yes. Or spoiled. Or maybe their DS was flawed beyond repair. But probably stupid and/or spoiled (the two seem to go hand in hand).

Now, Ichas, your argument is a lot more rational, and I enjoyed reading it.

For one thing, it's been a while since the DS was released, and I bet there are some people whose DS's batteries are losing their ability to charge. This obviously kills what you called the " brilliant glow of a normal DS can pierce any darkness and allow for gaming easily". This gives said player two choices (assuming the dimmed light is unacceptable): either purchase a new battery and replace it or, if that is not a valid option, buy a new system. And if you're going to buy a new system, then why not go for the smaller, brighter one at no extra cost?

If you absolutely feel the need that you MUST purchase a new DS, then yes, by all means get the DS Lite. If I could not find a new battery, I would just play with a flashlight spilling a pool of light onto the screens, or just a flick a lamp on if possible. But if you really need to get a new one…

There's also the cosmetic issue. There are quite a few DS owners out there that have noticed by now that the original DS is a bit chunky to carry. The DS Lite, however, fits much nicer into carrying bags/pockets (hence why the Game Boy Pocket was such a hit way back when). Oh, and let's not forget those scuffs/CRACKS that those DSs might have sustained from being dropped.

The carrying issue should not matter. I tested my own DS, and I estimate I could easily fit two in my pocket, and these are mildly old pants. If you want to be a gamer, it's a given that your pants should have large pockets for carrying things. IF the crack was across a screen, replace it. If you POSITIVELY could not find someone to replace it for whatever odd circumstance, then buy a new one. Just having a scratch on the surface does not constitute spending 100 dollars, in my opinion. I care little for if my DS looks good, I want to play it, not goggle it.

However, I have another reason: Diamond & Pearl. I plan on getting BOTH of these games, and am going to need a second system to be able to trade between the two (as I have for R/B, G/S, R/S, & FR/LG).

Wow. I wish I had the money to spend of frivolous whims that some of you guys do.

Oh, I almost forgot: there's also the design flaws in the DS that are fixed in the Lite. The Power button is moved away from the control pad, meaning that there are no more accidental switch-offs when you're just trying to go up somewhere. The stylus is also larger and easier to get a grip on, which is nice for large hands or just plain butterfingers. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that the middle hinge is now one solid joint instead of two seperate joints, removing the possibility of breaking part of it and having the top half start moving out if place freely.

The power button issue vanished after three or four days of play, and you'd have to be mighty distracted to not notice you were pressing a button that feels COMPLETELY different than the D-pad and is separated from it in time to pull away. It gives you a few seconds. You can merely buy a pack of stylus' meant for the Lite that will surely come into production shortly and use it. I never had a problem with the hinge, but it sounds reasonable enough of a problem.

Now, here's a question for you: have you even TRIED the new DS Lite yet?

I'm the only person I know who has a DS in the first place, so no. And I don't plan to anytime in the near future.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    I'm gonna give my 2 <insert currency here> now.

Dactylus said:
    *I* for one had no GBA light, nor did anybody I knew but one friend, who found it walking about one day and claimed it. Perhaps the people you know have wallets gorged with extra bills, some of us aren't so fortunate.
    I have to agree here. I had my lousy GBC Worm Light which I got at a close-out sale for about $5 and which sucked my GBA's power like <insert obscene analogy here> due to its.. well, being for the GBC-ness.

Arcanine said:
    Frankly it's none of your business if I spend my money on a DSLite or not. I don't need a better video card, my RAM is maxed out on my laptop, there's no good games out that I want, and I hate books.
    ... You... hate books.

I feel sad inside.

Ichapokemr said:
    However, I have another reason: Diamond & Pearl. I plan on getting BOTH of these games, and am going to need a second system to be able to trade between the two (as I have for R/B, G/S, R/S, & FR/LG).
    Perhaps you should make some DS-owning friends. x.x Seriously, that's a very weak point...

~Sneasel

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The light doesn't concern me. According to Nintendo power, aside from the normal default light (which equals the normal DS) the other two options are like night and day. I'd like to see, and I don't want to be blinded. So I may leave it at normal DS quality. It's more the stylus I'm worried about. I had to use the one from my dad's old palm pilot before. But I've lost it. T_T;

I never had a problem with where the power switch was. You must have bad hand eye co-ordination if you're accidentally hitting that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    I never had a problem with where the power switch was. You must have bad hand eye co-ordination if you're accidentally hitting that.

Actually, just big fingers. Granted it hasn't happened that often, but it has happened.

Perappu: I'm kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere where nobody else that I know of has one (like Dactylus's situation).

Now, for the main response:

Dactylus said:
    If you absolutely feel the need that you MUST purchase a new DS, then yes, by all means get the DS Lite. If I could not find a new battery, I would just play with a flashlight spilling a pool of light onto the screens, or just a flick a lamp on if possible. But if you really need to get a new one…

I've tried that, but I find light from those sources to be VERY hard to play by. There are also times when none of those are available (driving home at night (NO, NOT WITH ME DRIVING)).

Dactylus said:
    The carrying issue should not matter. I tested my own DS, and I estimate I could easily fit two in my pocket, and these are mildly old pants. If you want to be a gamer, it's a given that your pants should have large pockets for carrying things. IF the crack was across a screen, replace it. If you POSITIVELY could not find someone to replace it for whatever odd circumstance, then buy a new one. Just having a scratch on the surface does not constitute spending 100 dollars, in my opinion. I care little for if my DS looks good, I want to play it, not goggle it.

I'm talking about scratches/cracks on the screens that interfere with gameplay, and not being able to repair them. Believe it or not, not everyone lives near a repair store.

:surprised: Wow, those must be some large pants...I can barely fit one DS in my pocket...talk about spending money on a "frivilous whim".

Oh, and speaking of frivilous whims...

Dactylus said:
    Wow. I wish I had the money to spend of frivolous whims that some of you guys do.

D/P's actually going to be my combined Birthday/Christmas gift (the money for the DS lite is from this year's), and is most likely going to keep me from getting a Wii for a few years.

Dactylus said:
    You can merely buy a pack of stylus' meant for the Lite that will surely come into production shortly and use it. I never had a problem with the hinge, but it sounds reasonable enough of a problem.

And where do you propose these styluses would be kept during non-use? There is no slot on the normal DS large enough to hold them, and leaving them in another location opens the possibility of not having them when they are necessary.

Dactylus said:
    I'm the only person I know who has a DS in the first place, so no. And I don't plan to anytime in the near future.

Then I would like to suggest that you at least try one before commenting on it.

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Ichapokemr said:
    Perappu: I'm kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere where nobody else that I know of has one (like Dactylus's situation).
    Ah... I see. Not such a weak point now... ^^;

Ichapokemr said:
    I'm talking about scratches/cracks on the screens that interfere with gameplay, and not being able to repair them. Believe it or not, not everyone lives near a repair store.
    Yeah, if I knew a Nintendo Authorized Service Dealer (or however they are called) in my area, I'd be quite happy, but I don't think there is one...

Ichapokemr said:
    Wow, those must be some large pants...I can barely fit one DS in my pocket...talk about spending money on a "frivilous whim".
    My original DS fits quite nicely in my pants pockets. But that's just me, not everyone has big pockets...

Ichapokemr said:
    D/P's actually going to be my combined Birthday/Christmas gift (the money for the DS lite is from this year's), and is most likely going to keep me from getting a Wii for a few years.
    That is, IF Diamond and Pearl are out by Christmas. (I can't say for your birthday, not knowing when it is. =P)
    Unless you mean Christmas of '07? D=

~Sneasel

Team-Aqua

DEDEDEJr
    Years
    If I may be so bold, I was quite pessimistic about the lite as well...until I got one. Do your selves and Nintendo a favour, get one! The LOWEST setting is brighter than the DS orginal! It is so un-heavy! The stylus is comfortable! (And I'm begining to think that they made the touch screen more durable!) The reason I got one was cause my other one has a broken screen, but don't let that be your excuse!

Dactylus

Years
    [qupte] I'm talking about scratches/cracks on the screens that interfere with gameplay, and not being able to repair them. Believe it or not, not everyone lives near a repair store.[/quote]

I'm certain you can send them in to be repaired.

Wow, those must be some large pants...I can barely fit one DS in my pocket...talk about spending money on a "frivilous whim".

Have to contend with you there, sir. I'm actually very picky when it comes to spending either mine or my family's money, and I make sure not to buy expensive clothes.

I have to tell you that I think you're wasting your money. Seriously, listen to this, it makes sense. I won't stop you if you keep wanting both, but I propose getting ONE game. If you like that one, then buy the other one. If you get them both at the same time and don't like them, you're done for. Unless you meant you're getting one on your birthday and one on Christmas. I got the feeling you meant getting both on one day.

And where do you propose these styluses would be kept during non-use? There is no slot on the normal DS large enough to hold them, and leaving them in another location opens the possibility of not having them when they are necessary.

Where do you keep your DS charger when it's not being used? Just make it a makeshift carrying case (unused glasses container?) to carry it around. That would be about 10-15 dollars in opposition to 130.

Then I would like to suggest that you at least try one before commenting on it.[/quote

Even if I had, I am far to busy looking ahead in my finances. I won't spend that money now because I'm trying to pump up my computers ram and video card to play Oblivion perfectly, and also purchase the Wii once Brawl comes out (because they will surely have a package with it).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Eh, I got one last Sunday when EBgames just opened. I was the first one in line and I was lucky there because all of them except for one was reserved. I got the one that wasn't reserved along with NSMB. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Perappu said:
    Ah... I see. Not such a weak point now... ^^;

Yeah, if I knew a Nintendo Authorized Service Dealer (or however they are called) in my area, I'd be quite happy, but I don't think there is one...

My original DS fits quite nicely in my pants pockets. But that's just me, not everyone has big pockets...

That is, IF Diamond and Pearl are out by Christmas. (I can't say for your birthday, not knowing when it is. =P)
    Unless you mean Christmas of '07? D=

~Sneasel

Uh...those were directed towards Dactylus. Speaking of whom...

Dactylus said:
    I'm certain you can send them in to be repaired.

For about $85 plus shipping, sure. I don't have the original receipt (since it wasn't originally mine).

Dactylus said:
    Have to contend with you there, sir. I'm actually very picky when it comes to spending either mine or my family's money, and I make sure not to buy expensive clothes.

Really? Then, I must ask you, where did you buy your pants?

Dactylus said:
    I have to tell you that I think you're wasting your money. Seriously, listen to this, it makes sense. I won't stop you if you keep wanting both, but I propose getting ONE game. If you like that one, then buy the other one. If you get them both at the same time and don't like them, you're done for. Unless you meant you're getting one on your birthday and one on Christmas. I got the feeling you meant getting both on one day

Actually, my christmas money would be one and birthday money would be another. It would probably be on the same day, yes, but simply because that's how it's always worked for me before--I haven't found a Pokemon RPG yet that I didn't like, and I always try to get both so that I have all 3 starters right off the bat. Now, if I could RENT one, that would solve the problem, but sadly video game rental stores haven't tried to tap this gold mine yet (and I can't risk Gamefly due to the shady characters at our post office), so I simply don't have much of a choice. I might reconsider as more details are given, however, with Wi-fi officially in play...

Dactylus said:
    Where do you keep your DS charger when it's not being used? Just make it a makeshift carrying case (unused glasses container?) to carry it around. That would be about 10-15 dollars in opposition to 130.

In the wall.

A "carrying case" doesn't solve the problem of forgetting/not having the stylus (what good is a briefcase to carry things if you keep forgetting the briefcase at home??).

Dactylus said:
    Even if I had, I am far to busy looking ahead in my finances. I won't spend that money now because I'm trying to pump up my computers ram and video card to play Oblivion perfectly, and also purchase the Wii once Brawl comes out (because they will surely have a package with it).

*can't remember Nintendo ever packaging SSBM with the Gamecube*

Well, you could probably just go to your local Gamestop/EBgames/WE and find a display to try it there...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Dactylus said:
    I think his points are more flawed then Ichas.
    Right....

Dactylus said:
    That's true. Which is why I said, "But it's your money, waste it to your hearts content." Please read before responding. I can see you have an exceptional computer, good for you. But your loathing of books troubles me, Arcanine. Personally, I believe books outdo video games in many ways if written correctly, such as the Wheel of Time series. While I won't force you, or even suggest, to swallow my opinion as your own, I hope you give that particular series a try. They're really quite great.
    I did read it, unlike some people I read the whole post before replying.
    And I also don't care if you think I'm some nutcase for not liking books. The only books I like is guide books for games (my brother has The Lord of the Rings books and LOTR is my fav movies yet I don't want to read the books).
    Dactylus said:
    Why do you feel you need to buy one of them in the first place? If you have nothing else to spend money on, you feel it necessary to just go and buy some luxury instead of storing your cash for a time you might need it? Well, if that's how you want to live your life, have at it.
    Didn't I make it clear that I was pretty stupid when I bought my PSP? I'm sure I made that clear enough in my post.

Dactylus said:
    You honestly need to calm down, Arcanine. This isn't some fury-stoked arena where the angriest will emerge victorious, foes blood staining his hands. We're talking about game consoles here, not the fate of a small country.
    This is how I always get when I'm trying to prove my point.
    Oh but it is. See I'm a Nintendo fanboy at heart (unless it coms to the GC, you could say it sucked, didn't have enough games, should have been better, all day long and I'd agree with you), I back up my stuff with facts and ideas, yet I still hate it when it someone puts down a Nintendo system without reason. And saying "You had to spend money on it" wasn't all that a good reason. It might be your opinion that it's a stupid buy, but I'll let the sells charts speak for themselves.

Dactylus said:
    *I* for one had no GBA light, nor did anybody I knew but one friend, who found it walking about one day and claimed it. Perhaps the people you know have wallets gorged with extra bills, some of us aren't so fortunate. And by the way, the SP was at least HALF the size of the GBA. No so with DS/Lite. If you're so strung up about it, I'll recognize your analogy as okay, alright? No need to get angry over a spat with someone a forum about such trivial things.
    You spent $80-100 dollars (unless you got to used or as a gift) on a game system plus game(s), yet you couldn't buy a $5-10 dollar light for it?
    I know the size of an SP and GBA. Both are sitting right next to me. If the SP is closed then yes it's far smaller (and it being closed is what matters when taking it on the go, no one cares about the difference in the DS and DSLite when they're playing games). But when it's opened and being played then no it's not all that different (if you want I can take pics).

Dactylus said:
    Yes. Or spoiled. Or maybe their DS was flawed beyond repair. But probably stupid and/or spoiled (the two seem to go hand in hand).
    I'll put it this way since I saw Triffy's LoZ avy/banner.

Why should anyone buy The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest on the GC if they already got the normal Ocarina of Time (yes I know you got it via pre order of WW so don't even start, I've seen it for sell at EBGames)? It's just more or less the same with a few more things added. If Triffy or someone else bought it at EBGames are they stupid or spoiled for spending the $50 dollars to play Master Quest? Both the Lite and Master Quest is more or less the same as the first so why should anyone want to spend money on them?

Dactylus said:
    I'm trying to pump up my computers ram and video card to play Oblivion perfectly
    It's great on the 360, my brother got it last week. Just go get a 360 and Oblivion for that... never mind, don't reply to that because I know what you'll say.

Ichapokemr said:
    *can't remember Nintendo ever packaging SSBM with the Gamecube*
    They did, it was Christmas of last year. I only saw one at a Wal-Mart (I guess they sold out pretty quick).

Back