• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I hate the gts

iMatt

Elite Breeder
    Years
    I wouldn't say the GTS is to bad. I mean, yeah, there are ridiculous offers on it. It kind of annoys me to run into so many of them. I still like to put up offers on the GTS, though. Like I would put up a bred pokemon for a starter I didn't have and it would happen overnight. I guess it has its ups and downs.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The gts is evil. Pure evil. Never gives kidsa chance to go online and say gee i wants teh uber so give me teh gay! never. I mean the only trades that are good are if you set them up right like on a forum. *cough* why do we have the trade section*cough*

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    There's a simple solution... Don't use it.

If you're really that afraid of getting a hacked pixel monster or you're really that annoyed that you can't find someone who will trade you a level 48 Gengar for your level 59 Medicham, then... Just stop?

Years
    I don't mind GTS. I got a lot of regular ones from there. I've hardly ever got a noticable hack. Although one shiny Larvitar said it was caught at level 100 in a place it doesnt even appear. But I traded junk for it and just needed it to add to the dex so I wasn't too annoyed. Some people don't know the value of Pokemon, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Although it is annoying that you can't look for pokemon not in your dex. That used to annoy me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2008
    If you are just looking for the odd dex filler then the GTS can be useful, and if you are REALLY lucky you also find the odd Shiny (not hacked), but I myself barely use it due to the fact that it is just full of hacked Pokés and ridiculous requests.

Years
    No one really uses the GTS to trade anymore everyone clones on it, I used to but I got my AR now and it clones so much faster the GTS seemed to have wasted my time, the GTS would be great if no one ever found out. I got the game like the first week it came out and right away from then to now the GTS has changed so much ever since people knew they could clone they didn't need the GTS anymore....besides you got wifi so most just come to sites like this and trade.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I hate the GTS, I need a simple Cherubi for breeding and the people are asking for Lvl. 100 Mews or 9 and under Suicunes! You can't look at stats, the whole thing is a mess except for cloning.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    Hopefully, Nintendo will change a few of these errors in Platinum, but if the GTS in Platinum interacts with the on in D/P then I don't see how they could. It would still be nice if they did.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2009
    I wouldn't mind if the gts in d/p became unusable and you could only use it in platinum, if they would update the whole thing and get rid of the problems and annoyance.

Not too likely lol. (And not fair to those who don't get platinum.)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    The GTS is broken because Nintendo didn't take into account that seven, eight, and nine year olds would playing the game and pretty much ruin the system.

Looking for: lvl. 99 Dialga!
    Offering: level 1 Magikarp!

Not to mention, you can't tell if the pokemon you're getting is hacked or not. Basically, just don't use it.
    Yeah, so in that sense the pokemon anime world is perfect, because
    you have to be 10 to own a pokemon XD

When I was trying to get all the Sinnoh starters I got so pissed because I needed
    a lv 100 dialga for them!!! XD These are like the GTS equivalent of spammers!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2008
    I have found that Dittos can do absolutely anything. I mean absolutely anything. Now imagine if one existed in real life. Just imagine the endless possibilities.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    This was a discussion on the previous page regarding how the people who put offers like that on the GTS are morons.

True Justice said:
    I wouldn't necessarily say the people who offer the Pokemon are the morons. The people who actually trade for it are the morons. If the offerer gets a great trade like that, they would be tempted to try and pull of another trade like that. Then if others see that the person actually pulled off the trade, they would try to pull it off themselves.

So since you say you might do it in Platinum, I think that helps support the above statement.

Amplified Ampharos

Christmas Plant
    Years
    The GTS is broken because Nintendo didn't take into account that seven, eight, and nine year olds would playing the game and pretty much ruin the system.

Looking for: lvl. 99 Dialga!
    Offering: level 1 Magikarp!

Hey I am 9 and I do not ruin the system one time I was searching for female Combees and here was a tipical trade from them Lv.1 Combee for Lv.100 Milotic <.< how long will this go on?

Back