• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I Just flew in and boy are my wings tired!

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
Years
  • Hahaha...ha..
    Hello all,

I've been looking for a nice small pokemon forum community and I think I've found just the place:). I must first say the layout simply impressed me (I also noticed you're using vb 3.0) so I couldn't help but try to become a member around here. Yes, very cool place you've setup here.
    Lets see, what else can i fill in here.. I'm technically still into collecting the card game and I still play the Pokemon R/S every so often. I'm also into drawing and even photoshopping artwork, I'm pretty good at it or at least that what I've been lead to believe (example: I did heavily photoshop that avatar in my profile.)

Anyway, I hope I won't be too bothersome for you, well see you around and say hello!

Kairyu

Years
  • Hey, thankie for the warm welcomes you three. But new member of the month?! *blushes*
    I didn't know I'm THAT great of a member, but thank you for the compliment! I'll do my best to stick around here as often as possible.

@ SPon11:
    Yep, Photoshop (v6.0 is what I'm using) is a program that allows me to do.. well in short draw, enhance, and or turn any crappy looking image into a masterpiece. That god-like paint program is a dream come true, especially for artists like me:p.
    And yes, my avie is indeed, fancy:chinese:.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ooh, you'll be getting my vote for Best New Member too. ^_^ You're already posting well and you're active for a new member. Nice to meet you, and welcome to the Pok?Community!

Kairyu

Years
  • Hello, and thanks again for the welcome posts:).

Being the n00b member around here its customary for me to ask you all a n00b type question. How long exactly was this place online? As in, where and when did this all begin? *Yes, I would like the answer to be in two to three paragraph, single spaced. I will grade you by sentence structuring and use of big words* -Insert evil laughter here-

Just kidding:P
    But I was serious about the question, lol.

Ultimathunder

Ichiban Pok?mon Master
    Years
    • Age 39
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    Nice of you to join! I'm pretty new here too and yeah this place is the best ^_^ hope you come often!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • First off, welcome to PC. I don't usually greet members (lazy~!), but I have to agree with Vito. Not only do you seem like a great person, but we share some interests and you actually write (omg!) nice long posts. XD *likes your avatar* =D Anyway... I'm sure you'll have fun here.

As for PC's history... it was started around the summer of 2002 on an Ikonboard, so it's been around well over a year now. ^^; It only got really active once it was switched to a vBulliten around November, though... and it's been one ever since. If you want to know more about PC's history, just click here to get to a topic one of our Admins made back before PC's database reset. =P It's in our reference library.

^_^ Once again, welcome to PC! (Heh... you've also got my vote for best new member! XD)

Kairyu

Years
  • Lightning said:
    First off, welcome to PC. I don't usually greet members (lazy~!), but I have to agree with Vito. Not only do you seem like a great person, but we share some interests and you actually write (omg!) nice long posts. XD *likes your avatar* =D Anyway... I'm sure you'll have fun here.

As for PC's history... it was started around the summer of 2002 on an Ikonboard, so it's been around well over a year now. ^^; It only got really active once it was switched to a vBulliten around November, though... and it's been one ever since. If you want to know more about PC's history, just click here to get to a topic one of our Admins made back before PC's database reset. =P It's in our reference library.

^_^ Once again, welcome to PC! (Heh... you've also got my vote for best new member! XD)
    *Bows respectfully*
    Why, thank you Lightning :3. And thank you for answering my question! The history of this place seems pretty interesting, I'll definitely be looking through the archives more often.
    Hehe, posting on all sorts of forums basically taught me to post meaningful and sometime lengthly posts, who knew? Heh. I'm beginning to like this place a little more every minute, again thanks for the welcomes everyone:).

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    You're quite impressive! ^_^
    I wish all new members and new member introduction topics were like you(rs)! I'll probably be voting for you as well. I'm glad you like it here, we're sure happy to have you join us. =)
    Maybe we'll see more of your works in the art and writing sections? I certainly look foward to it.
    Have a good time, and don't be afriad to ask if you have any questions. ^_^

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I'll be voting for you as best new member as well. n_n You seem like a nice person. (at first, I didn't know you were new, with all those posts you've got. =P) I'm Miyu-chan, seems like we'll get along pretty well. n_n (Great avatar, BTW ;))

Wings

wings of an angel
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:
    I'll be voting for you as best new member as well. n_n You seem like a nice person. (at first, I didn't know you were new, with all those posts you've got. =P) I'm Miyu-chan, seems like we'll get along pretty well. n_n (Great avatar, BTW ;))
    yep i agree 100% with Miyu-chan!!i'll vote for u!!!oh and welcome!!!

-Wings

Kairyu

Years
  • Kairi said:
    You're quite impressive! ^_^
    I wish all new members and new member introduction topics were like you(rs)! I'll probably be voting for you as well. I'm glad you like it here, we're sure happy to have you join us. =)
    Maybe we'll see more of your works in the art and writing sections? I certainly look foward to it.
    Have a good time, and don't be afriad to ask if you have any questions. ^_^
    I'm glad that you're glad. Thanks for the welcome:).
    My artworks? Sure, once I can get my scanner working at 100% capacity you'll see a nice gallery of my best works. For now all I got are small photoshopped pictures I redid to better suit its purpose (like sigs and avatars.)
    Miyu-chan said:
    Hey cool, thank you Miyu-chan! I'm glad you like my avatar:D.
    Hehe, yeah have a habit of posting like crazy when I'm in a forum. I just have so much to say, lol.

Kairyu

Years
  • Dragon_Master said:
    I give you good luck here at the community!
    This is one of the best communitys ever!
    Am I right?
    Hey thanks DM, may I call you DM?
    One of the best communities ever? Yup, I couldn't agree more. I can't find one thing wrong with it so far:).

Back