• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I know now why you cry. But it is something I can never do.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    How easily do you cry?
    I used to cry a lot, and over the dumbest things. This was back in eighth grade and every grade before that. I was known as a crybaby and a lot of people teased me, which also caused me to cry. Once I started high school, I stopped crying so much.

What sorts of things make you cry?
    Well, the last time I remember crying was on my best friends going away party. She moved to Michigan a week or so ago, and I went to her farewell party before she did. When I left to go back to my house, I started crying... She was my best friend, and I also really liked her. Now she's gone, and I'll miss her. :<

If you cry a lot, do people tend to think of you as over-emotional? Conversely, if you don't cry easily, does that make people think of you as cold and unemotional?
    Well, as I said, I used to be known as a crybaby. I stopped crying so much when I got to high school. I don't believe people think of me as that, since if I cried, people would just start teasing me about it again.

Years
    How easily do you cry?
    Not very easily. When I hear that x movie/book/song/whatever made people cry I hardly get teary-eyed. I tend to cry over things irl than in media. Honestly I can't remember the last time I cried over something that wasn't a personal issue.

Typically, I cry when I'm really stressed out and alone. I think about all the stupid things I've done and how I'm still stuck in a rut and it can really get me going.

If you cry a lot, do people tend to think of you as over-emotional? Conversely, if you don't cry easily, does that make people think of you as cold and unemotional?
    As far as I know, people don't think of me as cold and unemotional. I typically don't talk to people about how often I cry. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    How easily do you cry?
    Not very easily at all, it would have to be pretty bad, and I only ever cry over things related to me rather than if I see a sad movie or sad story.

Emotional reasons, if I've been hurt in some way or another by someone I care about or if someone I care about has been hurt themselves, and there are very few people that I really care about that much.

Not sure what people think of me, but I think I can come across as being cold sometimes. Although I don't think that's really related to how often I cry.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    Not very easily or often.

Real life stuff? If appropriate. But, again not very often. I'm kinda an emotional constant XD
    I almost also never get teary-eyed at entertainment and workers of fiction. If it happens, I still don't cry. I'm pretty good at holding it in.

Idk. Ask people. I have a pretty happy life and no real reason to be sad. I don't watch a lot of movies or shows or play a lot of games or read a lot of books that are necessarily sad. I'd rather be sad and cry when appropriate than bawl at everything.

Hikari <3

KANON!!! <3
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    It depends on how my bipolar is treating me...

Again, it depends. Sometimes, it would take a lot. Other times, it only takes me watching the news and seeing a person I've never met or heard of dying, and BAM, I'm crying...

People say I'm very overly emotional... >_>

vanna.

I like sequins.
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    It takes a lot to make me cry. And if I do cry, I really try not to do it infront of people. I don't like crying infront of people at all.

Hurting others and dealing with some of my stronger emotions. I tend to keep things bottled up until I just burst out crying :/

If you don't cry easily, does that make people think of you as cold and unemotional?
    Unfortunately, yeah. I have a hard time expressing some emotions/emotionally opening up around people, so my lack of crying is sometimes interperated as me being cold or unemotional.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    i dunnoo.. it depends on the situation.
    if it's something touching my best friend says, i cry actually easily, over boys i cry moderately easily.. haha.
    uhh i usually don't cry in front of anyone but my best friend, so yaa

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    How easily do you cry?
    very easily.
    sad movies. thinking about depressing things. when i get really lonely. .

I don't cry in front of people ._.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    It's hard to say. I usually never cry for emotional or physical pain. But I cry out of no where.

Well when it gets to that point, love usually.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I can only remember crying about twice due to emotional reasons. Otherwise, I hardly even cry when hurt myself.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    A: No. I'm a guy whose heart is cold(true)
    A: The only thing that makes me cry is the loss of a very-close friend or relative. Others? NO.
    Conversely, if you don't cry easily, does that make people think of you as cold and unemotional?
    A: Obviously.

And you really need to change the font color dude.

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
    How easily do you cry? Way too easily. Then again, I did have it pretty hard as a kid, what, with the near-abuse my father gave me. I'm basically scarred for life. That, and there's a lot of mental disorders in my family that I could potentially get
    What sorts of things make you cry? Too many things. Happy moments, powerful messages,very sad things, and so forth. Sometimes I even start crying randomly for no reason. =/
    I never cry from physical pain though; several years in karate have made me almost look for physical pain.
    If you cry a lot, do people tend to think of you as over-emotional? Conversely, if you don't cry easily, does that make people think of you as cold and unemotional? I actually tend not to cry much in public. Sometimes I am viewed as over-emotional though.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    Very easily
    Many things can set me off to cry. I think I mostly do so because I'm stressed all the time but I have no way to fix that basically.
    No but sometimes I'm seen as childish which kinda frustrate me because I honestly can't help it at this point.

Esmas

General
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    Um, I guess it's a little easier to make me cry than other people, but don't think I'm a crybaby ;___;
    I usually only cry when I'm suuuper angry, which is why people always think I'm wimp... :/
    Yeah, I'd say people would think of me as over-emotional if I cry a lot.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    I don't cry unless it is a physical pain.

A serious hurt (both emotional & physical).

If you cry a lot, do people tend to think of you as over-emotional? Conversely, if you
    don't cry easily, does that make people think of you as cold and unemotional?

I am an average person, so people don't think so~

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    At the drop of a hat. XD

Mostly anime, games (games with story), music or any mix of the ones there. Well, I tear up a lot, but as for flat out crying... it's mostly done in anime. I tend to get into an anime, get caught up with the story and the characters. So if something happens I'll be crying. Songs tend to get me teary due to the mood, or maybe even because it was tied to an event in an anime or game.

I never cry in public (stuff IRL just doesn't affect me that much). It's always in my room.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    Not easily. I usually need to be in extreme physical pain to shed tears. On occasion though, if I've taken a massive amount of emotional damage, I sit down somewhere private and cry it out, but this is so rare that it's only happened about 2 or 3 times in my entire lifetime and it takes A LOT of emotional damage to get me this way. (Usually requires about 6 months worth of emotional pain delivered to me within the span of a week or two.)
    If the day I finally break down and cry is a really bad one, I'll just break down and cry like a little girl, right where I'm standing/sitting/laying, regardless of where I am or who may be watching. This has only happened to me once though in elementary school so eh. I don't expect it to happen again, but It could easily happen if a year supply of emotional pain got packed into a week.
    Overall, no one thing can instantly provoke me to crying unless I'm dangerously close to breaking down anyway. I can only dam up so much emotion, so yeah I have my limits.
    When my dad died, I didn't cry. I was sad, but I didn't cry at all. (I blame my optimism, if I'd have heard the news on a day I were depressed, I'd have broken down and cried like a little girl nonstop for a week.)
    Regardless of how much I made it clear that I can indeed be pushed to the point where I cry like a little girl, I don't cry often. Now I've never really been called cold and unemotional, but some people think that of me sometimes, because people I don't trust, never really see my emotional side...I only talk about it and show it to people I've placed trust in, and the level of emotions I show to that person is directly proportionate to the amount of trust I have in them. :3

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    How easily do you cry?
    I don't cry, is that bad? It makes me seem like a robot :(
    Well, I cried last year when one of my good friends died. But before that I hadn't cried since I was bullied when I was 7.
    I've always kept how I felt inside, I try not to let people know when I'm sad. No-one even knows I cried when my friend died as I was in my room when I heard the news and didn't leave until I had stopped.

Well, my friend dying obviously. But other than that nothing.

People must think I'm cold hearted :( I wish I could cry though, it'd be good to let all the emotions I've kept locked away out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    How easily do you cry?
    doesnt take much

i'm able to find humor in situations that normally require sensitivity, but i',m absurdly empathetic so i guess it depends on the circumstances of everything. im less sympathetic towards people than i am towards animals, and to see anyone innocent and/or helpless in harm's way makes me shed a few tears. i also cry if i feel i've done something to hurt someone i love, or if i'm having a really overwhelming existential moment, or if i'm intently reviewing moments in the past that took place closely before loved ones' deaths, or if i'm being really nostalgic, and sometimes i don't know why i'm crying. it just depends on how i'm feeling, sometimes i can just stare into an empty parking lot and feel a surge of emotion and burst into tears from it.

i've been noted on my sensitivity, yes

Back