• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I lost it...

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
  • No matter how hard I try, I can't find my Crystal version ANYWHERE. I've been searching for years and it has never shown up. I must have forgot it somewhere because it isn't in my house.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've never lost a Pokémon game. I'd be pretty sad to lose most of them, for sure, just because I paid for most of them myself... and regardless, I usually put a lot of time and effort into my games. But if I lost my Diamond cart (easily the game I've played the most, possible more than all the other games combined), I'd be devastated. :(

Nameless.

My Pearl had like 4 boxes of shiny Pokemon and it is nowhere to be found. All the work and all the time I put into that game, poof.. just like that. Platinum I didn't care too much but it was still frustrating cause I only had it for maybe a couple weeks. I ended up buying a new Platinum and making sure to put it in the case every time to make sure I don't lose it. Pearl however cannot be replaced. All those sparklies can not be replaced. ;___; I've lost tonssss of my Pokemon games, like Sapphire, Emerald, Soul Silver, Diamond, ect and found them again later on. As you can tell, I have no organization skills. >//>

Misty Fan

Water Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I lost my Pearl game didnt know where it was 1 year later i found it by then i didnt have my ds anymore so i had to bug my parents for another ds. Also lost Ruby the only thing i can come up with is my father was cleaning up the house and accidentaly got rid of it.

37h4n

Apprentice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I gave Pokemon diamond to my brother and he lost it. ;(

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Lost my Yellow, which was my very first Pokemon game. :'(

I got another one, but still... all the memories gone... D;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I haven't had any tales of losing any of my Pokemon games, but I did have to give away Stadium 1 & 2 when we gave our old N64 to a relative. I miss those games now...

One time though, I had misplaced my Platinum (with all my completed data and Lv100 Pokemon and friend code roster) and freaked out. Luckily (and for my sanity) I found it a few hours later... it had slid behind my desk somehow. I think I lost a few years off of my life during that incident...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've never lost a game. I do, however, recall a vacation (ten years ago, I believe) when most of my friends lost their Pokemon games, be it in rental cars, on planes, etc. I had finally gotten a GBC so that I could do Mystery Gift with them (I had had a GB Pocket up until that point), and I was annoyed that none of them could do Mystery Gift with me anymore. Fortunately, some of them got new systems/games, but for others, it was the end of their Pokemon-playing experience, sadly.

Given how small games are, and how much many of us travel with them, it's not surprising that many of us lose a game at one point or another. When hours of work vanish, either when games disappear or when save files unexpectedly delete themselves (due to internal battery failure, glitches, or other problems), it's painful, but in the long run, the time spent enjoying the games and the memories created are more important that the actual data retained on a cartridge.

Soviet Russia

The Chosen Nub
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I've lost my Emerald and Blue on a plane ride back from Canada. It was a sad day.. :(

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    My friend borrow my Crystal for a few weeks, but in that time, he moved several states away, so I never got to get my Crystal back... :(

And I lost my Sapphire and Leaf Green. I still have my Emerald and Fire Red, but I liked Sapphire and Leaf Green better.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    My very first Pokemon game, Gold, got last at the mall.

T'was a sad day. Also lost Crystal and Sapphire.

Mr. L

Tea.
    Years
  • Gold version, my second Pokemon game (the first being Yellow), I only ever played through it once, Totodile was my starter. I played for a while and eventually started using a gameshark to get a few legendaries (and later to complete my Pokedex).

I remember I had 251 Pokemon in my Pokedex, my play time was 251:00 and I saved the game either in my bedroom or at the peak of Mt. Silver, then one day it just dissappeared...

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I lost my Nintendo DS lite with Pokemon SoulSilver. After months of intense searching, I came to the conclusion that it's lost forever.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I left my DS with my Pokemon Platinum case and my Heart Gold inside it at the student center here. The next day once I realized it was gone, it was in the lost and found. Students have a heart of gold :3

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I lost my copy of Diamond a while ago, but the impact was limited since all of my main Pokémon had been transferred to HeartGold at that point. The only casualty was the loss of an event Arceus, which once again wasn't a big deal since I had it on HeartGold and Platinum.

At one point, I nearly lost my copies of Colosseum and XD, but I found them several weeks later.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    I forgot my backpack, with my brand new Gameboy color and my Pokemon Silver game, at my elementary school 10ish years ago and someone stole them :(. I also randomly lost my Pokemon Red and Gold games somewhere and my Crystal game lost the ability to hold onto saved games (I consider it lost).

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I've lost my Platinum and Emerald when we went camping in some random place that had wayyy too many mosquitoes before. :(

Also my dog ate my GBA once. Ruby was salvaged, though. :DD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I forgot my backpack, with my brand new Gameboy color and my Pokemon Silver game, at my elementary school 10ish years ago and someone stole them :(. I also randomly lost my Pokemon Red and Gold games somewhere and my Crystal game lost the ability to hold onto saved games (I consider it lost).

So you lost Generation II!

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years

• I don't lose games per se, instead the usually get stolen. I've had 2 DS, an iPhone, and a PSP vanish into thin air.
    I think I'm prone to thievery...that or I should hold everything I own with a vice grip. Oh well no reason to cry over stolen milk...

Back