• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I lost it...

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    A former friend of mine stole Yellow, Sapphire, Silver and FireRed (Also Sonic Advance 3, that was the only other non-Pokemon game that was also taken). I got Silver back, but he apparently sold the others.

I still miss them to this day
    :'(

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I feel sad when I read about people losing their games forever. I don't know why, I just do. :(

Anyway, I've misplaced my DS games a few times but luckily always found them. One time I nearly had a heart attack though because I misplaced ALL of them since they were in one of those game cases that carries up to 4 cartridges. It took me about three hours to dig around in my room and look all over my house for them. D:

I've also had a plane scare where I thought I left my games on the plane once I already left the airport and was over an hour away. Luckily they fell to the bottom of my bag. XD After that, I never play my DS in the airport, only on the plane and only with the game that is in the slot. I try not to switch them because I'm afraid of dropping them.

As for permanently lost, my Blue version quit saving loooong ago and then on top of it, I lost the cartridge. My other games I either traded away to others or sold, though I kind of wish I hadn't.

drew16

Fat Boy Swag
    Years
    The only pokemon game i lost was Pokemon mystery dungeon. The very first one with the red team on it. The last time i saw was in my Gameboy Sp. when i went to bed and woke up it was gone. I wonder if one of my uncles friends took they were over the night i lost. They were playing an old X-men game in the front room where my Game was :(

Shattered_Soul

Just Because :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I lost my daimond cartridge. Although looking back at it now there wasn't anything important on it.

But i was really upset when my sister had erased my data on saphire. There was no shinies or anything on it, but it was my first ever pokemon game. And I had some of my favorite pokemon on there.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
    I lost my Pokemon Blue a year back, the cause was actually my fault instead of little brother (Gotta remember to put it in high place) but I started a new game on it before got lost though, so nothing really important was lost. I also lost Gold & Silver about the age of 7 or 8, but however I was able to replace Gold but had lost the ability to save.

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
    Years
    I feel quite bad saying I've never lost any cartridges :. My Silver's internal battery ran out though.
    Before going off to university (yeah, I know : p) I relinquished my GBA and Red, Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leafgreen and Firered to my brother. He still has them so it's not so bad, but...
    I now function only on ROMs.

It's kind of odd to think of all those lost games just lying around, although I imagine most of them have happy second owners :/ I don't suppose anyone here has found a game?

PokéTravellerNumber13

A Multi-Diamensional Traveller
    Years
    I've lost a few games over the years.

Blue, Silver and Trading Card Game I actually lost. Dunno how, they were in my bag (that held cartidges, my GBC magnefier, (it had a light, night time playing with no lamp *hehe*) my exchange cable, and the GBC power cable) and they just must off climbed out and walked off. Strange.

Red was stolen from me, I lent it to a, then (primary(UK)/elementary(US)) friend, he then tore of the sticker on it, and claimed it as his own, I even told the teacher and headmaster, but because he ripped of the sticker I couldnt prove it was mine, BUT IT WAS!!!!

And (although not Pokémon related) I lost my, then newish, DSlite and all 7 games. By lost I mean left on a coach, I just forgot to pick up the little holder there where in when I got off. (I know I have to have something to carry portable cosoles and games around in)

I never played Gen III

On a lighter note:
    Gold, Cyristal and Yellow (my first EVER game) I gave to my brother many years back, along with the bag I mention before and all 400+ cards I had at the time. He still has them, plus more, games and TGC.

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
    I'm on my 4th DS because I keep losing them - how pathetic is that. The last one I lost was when I was in hospital and it was in a case with all of my games. ALL of my games. I lost HeartGold, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, not to mention my non-Pokemon games as well. So yeah that was pretty gutting. Was only last year.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Luckily I haven't lost any of my games.. yet, I mean I do occasionly miss place them and cant find them for several days at home but I've never left a game on a plane or in a public place but unfortunate for those who have :(

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Two Pokemon Sapphire cartridges of mine physically went missing (the loss of the first one f)... Both of them with many Level 100s and invested time, one of them with a few Shinies as well. One of them also had a legit Jirachi, and one also had a hacked Mew and Celebi on it....

I've also lost a Pokemon Emerald savefile due to corruption....I was saving during a Secret Base battling, and the cartridge moved. Instead of recovering the previous savefile, the game just went and deleted all of my data, forcing me to restart with a New Game. That file also had many legendaries on it, not to mention a few Shinies.

It's like one of the worst feelings in the world, to realize that so much time has gone down the drain, not to mention that your Pokemon friends have gone missing forever... :cer_cry: Hopefully, I will never have that happen again with Platinum, HeartGold, or any future Pokemon game, though one can never be sure with life's trials...

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    Never happened to me, but I'm scared 'cause I bring my games to university... I wish Nintendo had a backup service. You save the content of your save file on a Nintendo server, remember your trainer ID or friend code and if you lose a cartrige, you can buy another one and restore the save file once. I think it'd be an awesome feature.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    I've lost a lot...

Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond...

I really have no idea where any of these cartridges went, I'm suspecting a "friend" or two of mine stole them, as I loved them all a lot and kept them in the same box and they slowly disappeared...

The only ones I have left are Silver, Ruby, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver and Black.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    I have never lost a gameboy/DS cartridge. I keep them all in a special multiple cartridge case which almost never leaves my bag or school backpack.

I have however lost my original silver in a difference sense, I lost the file on it because my battery died. It was my best game with three treasured level 100's, a full pokedex(although about half was gamesharked XP), and about 16 elite four wins. I had all my legendary and other besties from my very first game, Yellow.

That is the only lost game I have ever had.
    I have however lost two gameboy color gamesharks. The first one I didn't actually lose, I accidentally killed it with the 'battle professor Oak' code(all the pre-programed codes as well as ones imputed by me were erased and it would not save them anymore) with my blue cartridge. The second one which I had purchased to replace it, I think I accidentally tossed a few months ago as it mysteriously went missing and is not in any of the obvious places. XP

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I lost my original Red GB cartridge when I moved away from my hometown. I played it many times. I wish I hadn't lost it so I can play it again alongside my Silver.

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
    Years
    Hah... I went to Grandmas house in St. Louis when I used to live in NY and my mum was rushing me out of the house and I left my Pokemon Gold at her house by accident. I was so heart broken. All year I looked forward to going to my grandma's house just so I could I get my game back. When I finally did go, I ran straight into the house and it was still on her TV where I had left it.

I found Pokemon Platinum lying on the ground one day. I was like "Well now I don't have to waste money on a game I don't want to play." Feel bad for the person who lost it.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Never happened to me, but I'm scared 'cause I bring my games to university... I wish Nintendo had a backup service. You save the content of your save file on a Nintendo server, remember your trainer ID or friend code and if you lose a cartrige, you can buy another one and restore the save file once. I think it'd be an awesome feature.

That would be an awesome feature, indeed. Backups would bolster the preservation of savefiles, at least. Since Black and White Versions' savefiles can connect to the Internet, a save feature like this could be quite feasible in the future, IMO.

Back