• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need a filler!!!

Romo_Owens

Young Money
Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    I have spent the past few months creating a standard team that works for me and finally I am complete. However, I've run into a problem after I tried it out I guess this could go ito a rate my team thing but I need some advise heres how my team looks:

Hippowdon- Impish
    252 hp/252 def/4atk
    Leftovers
    -stealth rock
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake
    -slack off

Garchomp- Jolly
    252 atk/252 spd/4def
    Bright Powder
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Fang

Milotic- Calm
    252 hp/252 sp. def/4 sp. atk
    Salac Berry (after dropping to 1/3 a salac boost will raise my speed letting me recover my damage before i get hit again, thus increasing my survivability)
    -Surf
    -Recover
    -Hypnosis
    -Ice Beam (should I change it to Dragon pulse?)

Porygon Z- Bashful
    252 sp. atk/252 spd/4 def
    Focus Sash
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Tri Attack

Gengar- Timid
    252 sp. atk/252 spd/4hp
    Wide Lens
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast
    -Hypnosis

Heracross- Adamant
    252 atk/252spd/4hp
    Choice Scarf
    -Close Combat
    -Megahorn
    -Stone Edge
    -Pursuit

Of course there are a lot of little things that you can judge about my team such as the bashfulness of my P-Z but the main concern I've found is a big one. As you can see Hippowdon, who I start off with immediately to throw on Stealth Rock kicks off a sandstorm. The problem is that Garchomp, which is the core of my team is the only other pokemon resistant to the sandstorm (and it's whole trategy with Bright powder+Sand veil is built around it). I need a pokemon that will replace one of mine that is resistant to sandstorm, and it has to be either a special wall or special sweeper.
    I've broken my options down to:

Claydol, a rapid spinner and a decent special wall. The only problem is, with Claydol, Ice takes out 50% of my team, and with the abundance of ice attacks I can't have that.

Jirachi, a good all round pokemon with good potential as a Calm Mind Special wall.

Lucario, a pokemon with good typing and movepool but it just doesn't have the stats to viably replace my 2 powerhouses of special attackers.

Heatran, a strong special sweeper with good typing but a 400% weakness to ground and slow speed really damage it.

Mangezone- Same thing as Heatran despite good counter for many steel types especially skarmory.

That's all I can think of if anyone elsse has any opinion/suggestions on this, please, I would love to hear them.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I have spent the past few months creating a standard team that works for me and finally I am complete. However, I've run into a problem after I tried it out I guess this could go ito a rate my team thing but I need some advise heres how my team looks:

Hippowdon- Impish
    252 hp/252 def/4atk
    Leftovers
    -stealth rock
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake
    -slack off k

Garchomp- Jolly
    252 atk/252 spd/4def 4 hp
    Bright Powder Brightpowder is ew. Scarf or Band this Chomp. Also, you want hp EVs in there.
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Fang

Milotic- Calm
    Salac Berry (after dropping to 1/3 a salac boost will raise my speed letting me recover my damage before i get hit again, thus increasing my survivability) Wont increase it enough. Leftovers pl0x.
    -Surf
    -Recover
    -Hypnosis

Porygon Z- Bashful
    Focus Sash Focus Sash on a Z with SS out doesnt make sense to me. Slap a Life Orb on it.
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Tri Attack

Gengar- Timid
    252 sp. atk/252 spd/4hp
    Wide Lens
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Hypnosis

You'll want T-bolt for coverage, and Sludge Bomb is a pretty bad STAB imo.

Heracross- Adamant
    252 atk/252spd/4hp
    Choice Scarf
    -Close Combat
    -Megahorn
    -Stone Edge
    -Pursuit
    K.

Of course there are a lot of little things that you can judge about my team such as the bashfulness of my P-Z but the main concern I've found is a big one. As you can see Hippowdon, who I start off with immediately to throw on Stealth Rock kicks off a sandstorm. The problem is that Garchomp, which is the core of my team is the only other pokemon resistant to the sandstorm (and it's whole trategy with Bright powder+Sand veil is built around it). I need a pokemon that will replace one of mine that is resistant to sandstorm, and it has to be either a special wall or special sweeper.

Claydol, a rapid spinner and a decent special wall. The only problem is, with Claydol, Ice takes out 50% of my team, and with the abundance of ice attacks I can't have that.

Jirachi, a good all round pokemon with good potential as a Calm Mind Special wall.

Lucario, a pokemon with good typing and movepool but it just doesn't have the stats to viably replace my 2 powerhouses of special attackers.

Heatran, a strong special sweeper with good typing but a 400% weakness to ground and slow speed really damage it.

Mangezone- Same thing as Heatran despite good counter for many steel types especially skarmory.

That's all I can think of if anyone elsse has any opinion/suggestions on this, please, I would love to hear them.

Commnets in bold. Being resistant to sandstorm isn't much of a problem imo.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • I have spent the past few months creating a standard team that works for me and finally I am complete. However, I've run into a problem after I tried it out I guess this could go ito a rate my team thing but I need some advise heres how my team looks:

Hippowdon- Impish
    252 hp/252 def/4atk
    Leftovers
    -stealth rock
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake
    -slack off

Good

Garchomp- Jolly
    252 atk/252 spd/4def
    Bright Powder/Life Orb I'll just say the same thing hardc0rerock said. Or you can just run with Swords Dance and Life Orb
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance
    -Fire Fang

Milotic- Calm
    Leftovers
    -Surf
    -Recover
    -Hypnosis
    -Ice Beam (should I change it to Dragon pulse?)Nope. Ice Beam would be much better since it is 4x effective on most Dragons. And Ice Beam has better coverage.

Porygon Z- Bashful
    252 sp. atk/252 spd/4 HP
    Life Orb Same reason Hardcorerock gave
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Tri Attack

Gengar- Timid
    252 sp. atk/252 spd/4hp
    Wide Lens
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast
    -Hypnosis

All you need is Tbolt and your set

Heracross- Adamant
    252 atk/252spd/4hp
    Choice Scarf
    -Close Combat
    -Megahorn
    -Stone Edge
    -Pursuit

Good

Changes and bold and I really recommend Cradily for the poke resistant to SS.
    This is what I run and it is very very very VERY useful in a SandStorm. It scares off Swamperts and, if you predict correctly, HP Ice on incoming Dragon Pokes *coughSalamencecoughGarchomp*and making them think twice about setting up on you and sweeping since this baby can take a hit.

Cradily@Leftovers
    Ability:Suction Cups
    Nature:Calm
    EV's:252 HP, 158 Defense, 100 Sp.Def
    -Energy Ball
    -HP Ice
    -Recover
    -Protect/Toxic

I run Protect on mine since it works better than toxic on my team since Toxic Spikes already poisons them(my foretress's toxic spike). And it also gives me a free turn to recover some HP with lefties and my opponent takes some SS damage. It also lets me know what move my opponent will use next. But I recommend Toxic on this team to kill some Special walls slowly but quick and being able to recover HP. Or just to poison any poke you feel like Poisoning :P! And don't let him take a toxic or else it will not be able to stall or it will just cripple him. I suggest if you predict it coming, switch into something else to absorb it.....possibly Gengar.>_>
    Hopefully I was of some help
    Oh, and BTW, this guy always annoys the hell out of people. Sometimes they just quit on me when I they can't seem to take this guy down(which is most of time that they can't).

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Cradily- most underrated tank of all time.
    I use a different set when I run cradily for max recovery, you could consider it(or go with Playa's. It's pretty good 2.)

Cradily@ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Suction Cups
    252 HP/ 158 Def/ 100 Sp. Def.

Ingrain
    Recover
    HP Ice/ Toxic
    Energy Ball

People hate it when this guy comes in, ingrains in their faces, walls the opposing team, and is constantly restoring health. A stall team favorite of mine.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Good team.

Not really, Pory-Z wants Modest or timid, not bashful, neutral natures suck cause of no boosts.

Also, Brightpowder is hax and no one will really battle you.

Milotic wants the rest talker to actually get a boost from mavel scale. Also, leftovers please, You want more healing, besides, any phazer like skarm justs roars you away.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Yeah, like boo said; go Timid or Modest on Failigon-ZPorygon-Z.

Also, Focus Sash is meh Porygon-Z as it gets hit by SS and Hail. Since Porygon-Z has NP, go Timid >> Modest

NerdSparks

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    I have spent the past few months creating a standard team that works for me and finally I am complete. However, I've run into a problem after I tried it out I guess this could go ito a rate my team thing but I need some advise heres how my team looks:

Hippowdon- Impish
    252 hp/252 def/4atk
    Leftovers
    -stealth rock
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake
    -slack off

Garchomp- Jolly
    252 atk/252 spd/4def
    Bright Powder
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Fang

not a fan of bright powder but its ok

Milotic- Calm
    Salac Berry (after dropping to 1/3 a salac boost will raise my speed letting me recover my damage before i get hit again, thus increasing my survivability)
    -Surf
    -Recover
    -Hypnosis

go with bold same ev spread, and leftovers

Porygon Z- Bashful
    Focus Sash
    -Nasty Plot
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Tri Attack

you probably want to get dark pulse in there somewhere but your choice, also go timid

Gengar- Timid
    252 sp. atk/252 spd/4hp
    Wide Lens
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast
    -Hypnosis

thunderbolt over sludgebomb

Heracross- Adamant
    252 atk/252spd/4hp
    Choice Scarf
    -Close Combat
    -Megahorn
    -Stone Edge
    -Pursuit

looks good but night slash over pursuit since your not banded imo

i say go with jirachi for the extra ice resist and you can use him as a wish passer

my corrections are underlined the overall team looks good i only had a few corrections

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    I've gotten a lot of comments on the bashful P-Z. Honestly, Porygon is a Pokemon that has a 5% chance of running into him at the Mansion, and thats on the lucky day where you have the oppurtunity to catch him. It takes less time to breed for flawless IVs and Nature. I have spent the past week breeding for a Jolly Gible with 25+ speed and attack IVs and still no luck. A 5% chance of catching a pokemon with the nature I want and the right IVs? I'll stick with my bashful one thanks.

Years
  • I've gotten a lot of comments on the bashful P-Z. Honestly, Porygon is a Pokemon that has a 5% chance of running into him at the Mansion, and thats on the lucky day where you have the oppurtunity to catch him. It takes less time to breed for flawless IVs and Nature. I have spent the past week breeding for a Jolly Gible with 25+ speed and attack IVs and still no luck. A 5% chance of catching a pokemon with the nature I want and the right IVs? I'll stick with my bashful one thanks.

Yeah, look sorry but you'll want a Modest or Timid PorygonZ. If you are really concerned, then any +Spd/+SAtk natures should be ok if they don't conflict. Porygon is also breedable with Ditto, so give Modest/Timid Ditto an Everstone and breed away...

Hippowdon - Fine. Watch out for Taunting Bronzong leads, they shut you down.

Garchomp -
    Yache Berry please. Swords Dance will achieve better results over Stone Edge or Fire Fang, but Fire Fang gives better coverage where you need it.

Milotic - Milotic can't cut it as a Special Wall in this heavy hitting environment. Grass and Electric Weaknesses really make it easy to bring down. 252 HP / 252 Def & Bold makes it a decent Bulky Water. Ice Beam is usually better than Dragon Pulse. Anything you can't hit, you probably shouldn't be using Dragon Pulse for. I would suggest HP [Electric] but you don't want to breed for it...

Porygon-Z - Apart from the nature, Focus Sash is probably less useful than Life Orb, as there is nothing stopping that same threat hitting you again after a NP. Dark Pulse can be good for Ghosts, but you want decent prediction as Gengar is likely to hit you back with Focus Sash. Scarf-Z is probably the most popular today as it can actually outspeed things.

Gengar - Wide Lens only gives 10% extra accuracy, where Life Orb is worth the Extra Damage. Also, Sludge Bomb is rather useless - it only hits Grass types for SE. Thunderbolt > Sludge Bomb please.

Heracross - Looks really good. Pursuit is actually useful, even with Scarf, as you can still catch things on their way out, and you'll only need it for fragile Ghosts/Psychics as Megahorn hits the Bulky Psychics.

The team is ok, but I suggest a better Special Wall such as Blissey or Snorlax. Snorlax is probably better as you don't need a cleric as much with Hera around.

I suggest trying Shoddy Battle if you want to test teams and watch experienced battlers.

@lilsparks - Please try to avoid quoting a whole team to make small comments, it takes up heaps of room...

Years
  • I meant you can't really do anything to one of the most common leads. More advice than a set problem. Ignore anything stupid I said, I am tired.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    @ Archer

That's where you're wrong. Getting a Cleric would come useful for my team because as you have probably already figured out, i can't stand breeding, and after days and days of trying to get a good heracross, I finally ran into an Adamant Heracross with flawless speed IVs and 29 attack IVs. The only catch was that it's ability is swarm. I figured that even though guts is one f the things that makes Heracross, it would be a while until I run into another Heracross this strong so I said screw it so my Heracross has Swarm not Guts.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    cradily fails miserably... seriously, cradily has decent defense so it can be a decent wall, but it just doesn't hit anybody hard enough. nobody is scared of cradily because cradily isn't taking down anybody, so while it tries to dish out attacks, opponents will be 'lol it doesn't hurt at all' and set up in its face. cradily also can't recover from status which means if it gets toxic it's not going to do much walling. again, cradily fails. it might be better in UU against pokemon with weaker stats where its attacks can do a bit of damage, but in OU it's not going to do anything for you i'm afraid.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • A Gutless Hera is a sad Hera. Ask Hera

(Hera screams and runs away when interviewer mentions swarm)
    So True. Guts is Heracross' calling card, becasue it can use it with a falme/toxic orb and boost up facade.

I would say either keep looking for a powerful Guts Cross, or just find Shoddy battle and play on that. Don't play on Smogon server, becasue Smogon freaks love to ban thins that will ruin most teams, like Wobby and Arceus in Uber, and Chompy for OU.

Also, his special wall isn' much of one until Marvel Scale kicks in, and it still won;t do much. I would actually put something that can absorb more attacks than Milo. The majorit of your team is Grass Knot Mixape weak. I don;t know if ppl on wi-fi run that, but jic, find Cresselia, catch it, and go Psychic/Reflect/Charge Beam/ Moonlight.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • cradily fails miserably... seriously, cradily has decent defense so it can be a decent wall, but it just doesn't hit anybody hard enough. nobody is scared of cradily because cradily isn't taking down anybody, so while it tries to dish out attacks, opponents will be 'lol it doesn't hurt at all' and set up in its face. again, cradily fails. it might be better in UU against pokemon with weaker stats where its attacks can do a bit of damage, but in OU it's not going to do anything for you i'm afraid.
    "Anything capable of taking special hits for your team, in order to give your team some survival or force a switch. Often walls have a health recovery move to give them lasting power. Blissey is an example of a special wall."
    Cradily doesn't fail at all. He asked for a special wall so I gave him one. That EV spread that I gave him with that nature gets him up to 260-268 Defense and 450 Special Defense(with decent IV's in both)with the SandStorm. And it has 378 HP. There's no way you can say that Cradily fails as a Special Wall. And it has a Recovering move so that adds another reason why Cradily doesn't fail. And besides, he asked for a Special Wall that doesn't take damage in a SandStorm. And most of the times, my Cradily forces a switch.
    Special Walls are supposed to take SPECIAL HITS!

cradily also can't recover from status which means if it gets toxic it's not going to do much walling.
    Which Special/Physical Wall doesn't get ruined once it gets Toxic'ed??

Last edited:

Beginnings

thx tom-san for banner/avvy
    Years
  • @Playa Hmmm. Blissey perhaps?

Garchomp wants Yache Berry to take ice attacks
    Also I'd go Swords Dance >> Stone Edge
    So Garchomp can already boost its great attack higher,
    Also, it depends on preference, but I run Fire Blast on my Garchomp,
    So instead of Bronzong and co. going olol, they sh** their pants.

Also I know it seems like a pain, but breed for the right natures/abilities
    (Pory-Z wants Timid >> Modest because of NP and Hera wants Guts or it's epic rape for it) Natures/Abilities can make all the difference in a close battle, it would suck to lose cause your Hera didn't have enough power to kill the last poke, or your Porygon couldn't kill whatever.

Suggestion:
    If you really want to get the most out of Porygon-Z I'd recommend putting HP Fighting over T-Bolt/Ice Beam so DDTar doesn't go olol and own him. Also, if you're running into Blissey troubles, a NP Hyper beam OHKO's Standard Blissey

Moving on, Milotic is an alright Spec. Wall
    but its not really reliable,
    so I'd recommend a Blissey:

Blissey@Leftovers
    Careful (or is it Bold?)
    252 Def/80 Sp.Atk/172 HP
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy/T-Wave/Toxic
    Ice Beam
    Softboiled go olol I meant Seismic Toss

This Blissey OHKO's Standard Garchomp and isn't that just awesome?

or if you really want the SS resit, SpecsLucario
    lol he is a good special sweeper.

Lucario@Choice Specs
    Steadfast
    Modest
    4 Def/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
    Aura Sphere
    Vaccum Wave
    Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
    HP Ice/Dragon Pulse

This thing rapes walls that come in expecting SDLuke,
    and just owns in general.