• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I need MAJOR Super Mystery Dungeon help (please help; THIS GAME IS RIDICULOUS)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • I'm not sure if this is the correct area so if it's not then please move it to said correct area. On to thread content.

*sighs*

MY GOD.

WHY DID NINTENDO DECIDE TO MAKE THIS GAME THE NEW PERSONA 3 FES "THE ANSWER"?!

BECAUSE THAT'S HOW RIDICULOUSLY HARD THIS IS.

I got beat up quite a bit in the second visit to Revelation Mountain and then beat up more in Abyssal Badlands.

I completed both but this is seriously starting to get ridiculous.

The walkthrough has the recommended level as 29+ and the recommended level for the next dungeon (Cave of the Deep) is 30+

How the HELL am I expected to grind? BECAUSE I'M NOT GIVEN TIME TO DO SO.

Plus... grinding is annoying. I hate it. I REALLY don't want to do it.

My pokemon are Squirtle (Main) and Fennekin (Partner). Squirtle is in mid 20's and Fennekin is 2 levels below wherever Squirtle is.

Am I screwed?

This ridiculous crap is eating through my Tiny & regular Reviver Seeds and I'm beginning to run low on Oran Berries and Tiny Reviver Seeds. I have a good chunk of regular Reviver Seeds but there's no doubt in my mind that I'll get low on them if I start bringing them more.

I play games because they're fun. When a game is BS, ridiculous, and harder-than-it-should be IT'S NOT FUN.

I'm not having fun with this game anymore. I'm legitimately not. It's kicking my ass and it's annoying the s*** out of me. I'm sorry I'm cussing but I'm just really frustrated with this crap.

I really don't want to have to start over from the beginning again.

Any advice? Keep in mind I don't have the item haul to grind.

Any help would truly be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

THIS GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE.

P.S.: Please keep in mind I really don't want to grind and I don't have the items for it.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • i have got no idea what you are talking about
    this game was so easy compared to the first two mystery dungeon games lol

i know the feeling running low on oran berries but i have that issue too but i can say for sure, as i completed the game a while ago, you will get there in the end
    i did it was ease , so can you and i am sure tons of others did as well

you just need to try and bring right pokemon
    right items
    buy some from kecleon if you got nothing
    and try to use them colorful stones, forgot what they are called, seriously use them
    they are good stuff, makes your life in dungeons much easier​

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Let me tell ya now, you will always be under the recommended level for the story dungeons. Especially those early dungeons. I promise you though it becomes easier once you start adding members to your team and begin understanding the gems and bracelets that you find. Believe me when I say it makes the game much more fun and much easier, though still a nice challenge, once you understand the mechanics.

Just give it some time, its all worth it and the game itself is really a lot of fun once you figure out the mechanics. There really is no need to grind, not that you get much time to as you said, since the game offers other ways to help you out in the dungeons!

Good luck and hope this helps!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Not really no. It doesn't help.

How am I supposed to buy items when I don't even have access to shops? Things are killing me too quickly and eating through my item supply.

How exactly is this game even possible? Because it seems to me that it's not.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • either stop playing the game and live with the fact you cannot do it
    or take our advice, don't give up and keep trying, show some appreciation we are trying to help and if you need more help / advice... ask for it nicely

if you got no access to shops or your box to withdraw items from... then i suggest you keep trying and use a different strategy
    like for example; attacking monsters at same time with your pokemon, so not individually by turn

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just got a 3DS and SMD, so this thread is... Mildly helpful and a bit bizarre? Offer suggestions guys, instead of repeats of "STAY DETERMINED"

it doesn't always help.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • The Voidlands can be tricky. Because you have the extra teammates, Reviver Seeds can seriously go to waste. :(

When it comes to the Cave of the Deep, there are several things you should look out for:

• Firstly, there a plenty of Ditto masquerading as items, so be wary when approaching them (especially wands, I find). When they transform, you or your partner will get the confused status, depending on who the Ditto turns into. This can be costly in terms of Reviver Seeds.

• Most of the wild Pokemon there are Psychic-type and can confuse/hypnotise you. Keep an eye out for green emeras and if you find a Confusion Guard, set it! However, if you find something like Burn Guard, "use" it instead because it will add to your maximum HP, which can be lifesaving!

• Watch out for Jynx! I believe they have Perish Song, which will wipe you OUT! I hope you have status-healing items, or a move like Refresh, because otherwise Perish Song can be devastating.

• Besides Jynx, avoid Bouffalant and Porygon2 at all costs! Porygon2 have Zap Cannon, which is long-ranged and extremely powerful, especially after they change their type with Conversion. Bouffalant are tough to defeat and their attack is massive, so watch out!

• Do you have Looplets? I sure hope so. Since you can't withdraw items from storage here (at least to my knowledge) it is vital to make use of emeras in these dungeons! Especially ones like Trap Proof, Barrage, Distant Dodge etc. Considering this, walk over the colourful crystal fragments on the floor because enough of them will form emeras.

• Gather some Grimy Food, because if you're low on apples and are hungry, you can eat it in emergencies. Only eat it when you are nearby a staircase for a quick getaway, because Grimy Food has bad side effects!

• Take advantage of any items you can get, especially wands and orbs. If you encounter any really tough wild Pokemon, hopefully you'll have Warp, Stayaway, Paralyse, Petrify or Confuse Wands to keep them away from you. If you're lucky, you will find Tiny Reviver Seeds as well.

• Lastly, take advantage of using your Alliance whenever there's a tough enemy!

My pokemon are Squirtle (Main) and Fennekin (Partner). Squirtle is in mid 20's and Fennekin is 2 levels below wherever Squirtle is.

What are your movesets? What strategies have you been trying so far?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • It's all good. I beat it. It pretty much is just as hard as Persona 3 FES "The Answer" though...

I appreciate the help though.

Back