• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] I need some help.

BazTheProgrammer

Working on a Pokemon ROM hack I hope to release it
Years
  • Hi, sorry if I post this in the wrong place I am new to the forums and I am just getting used to it. Anyway what I am trying to do is make this script work and only happen once. So here is what I have done so far.

#dynamic 0xOFFSET
    #org @main
    checkflag 0x100
    if 0x0 goto @move
    applymovement 0x[PERSON ID] @move
    waitmovement 0x0
    msgbox 0x6 @talk
    release
    end

#org @move
    #raw
    0x13
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x62
    #raw 0xFE
    setflag 0x100

#org @talk
    = Oh, Hi! I was about to come wake\nyou up!\pCome down stairs I have a\nsurprise

If I am doing anything wrong please correct me.
    Thanks in advanced,
    Baz

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Are you using a script tile, a person event or a level script? Judging by the text this is probably meant to happen straight away? -> Level script.

You'll have to have a look at a tutorial (such as Diego's) to work out how to put level scripts into action. :)

Code:
    #dynamic [B]0x800000[/B]

#org @main
    lockall
    applymovement 0x[PERSON ID] @move
    waitmovement 0x0
    msgbox [B]@talk 0x6[/B]
    [B]setvar 0x4050 0x1[/B]
    releaseall
    end

#org @move
    #raw 0x13
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x62
    #raw 0xFE

#org @talk
    = Oh, Hi! I was about to come wake\nyou up!\pCome down stairs I have a\nsurprise.

In the future you could always ask scripting questions in the stickied thread :).

BazTheProgrammer

Working on a Pokemon ROM hack I hope to release it
    Years
  • I am trying to make a script tile trigger a person to move. Also may you link me to this "stickied thread"? That would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Baz

Last edited:
    Back