• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen I think I may have run into a small bug in my pokemon y game

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    I'm probably wrong, but I'm just coming here to ask and make sure there's no bug in my game. it's a long story but, this morning, I was playing pokemon y and I challenged the shalour city gym. This is like, I think the fifth time I've played this game, and this time I decided to use an amulet coin. Before I went to the gym i went to the pokemon center and stocked up on potions and revives, and if i remember correctly I ended up with around $20,000, and then I went to start battling the trainers in the gym. I thought that in the gym, I had to stop the roller skaters and interact with them to trigger the battle but i had just barely entered the gym when the first roller skater (kate), had somehow spotted me, even though she had her back to me. The battle went normally, and I didnt use my pokemon with the amulet coin, so i was "rewarded" with the normal amount of money. then i went to battle the second girl, and she also stopped me when she had her back to me. I used the amulet coin in this battle, so when I won, i got a higher amount of money. i went back to the pokemon center and before i bought a few more potions for the gym battle, I realized I still had around $20,000 in my wallet, so the girl roller skaters (unless im just crazy) did not pay me, and i think it may have something to do with the amulet coin. Even so, when I came back to finish the gym, the boy skaters acted normally. to experiment, i used the amulet coin on only one of the boys. they did not spot me from behind, and (as far as I know, they both payed me). i watched a walkthrough earlier, and i see that although it probably was unintentional, it may be normal for the skaters to spot the avatar even when they aren't looking at you (and i say that because in my game it happened with only the girls, but the person in the walkthrough had a boy and a girl do it) but I'm curious because I don't think that's ever happened to me before, and the money issue might have something to do with me using my amulet coin? i still don't think this is a glitch or bug, but im just curious

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    iirc you can trigger a battle with the skaters in that gym by getting close enough to their backs. It's not a glitch, but an intended feature.

The money thing though I don't know anything about, so I can't help you with that unfortunately.

Lil.lady.k

Waifer Koruni
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2020
    iirc you can trigger a battle with the skaters in that gym by getting close enough to their backs. It's not a glitch, but an intended feature.

The money thing though I don't know anything about, so I can't help you with that unfortunately.

oh i see ^^ how strange though because people irl can't see from behind 0_0 Either way, I sorta figured it wasn't a glitch, even if i wasn't exactly sure :) yeah the money thing is a little weird, but its no big deal i was just asking about it

Back