• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want it so much, omg ;__;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Think of the thing you want the most, or something you might've wanted really bad. So bad it was always on your mind, so bad it was in your dreams, etc.

There's two ways you could get this, either from asking directly for it from the people involved, however, there's a chance you may not get it if you ask, or just waiting until they realise you deserve it, however, there's a chance they won't ever realise.

Which would you rather? Actually "deserving" something, and somebody else recognising you for it, or going the easy way and just asking straight out for it? Would the second actually still be "rewarding" despite asking for it, or doesn't it matter as long as you deserve it?

No this isn't a 1, 2, 3 thread so don't do it :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I would totally rather earn something than ask and be given it. That is the main reason why I never ask my parents for like anything because I'd rather work for it myself. I used to be different, but I changed my opinion of it a few years ago. Though one good thing I got from asking was a free Nintendo Wii from a friend because I asked nicely.

Years
    1) I do not wish to speak my mind.

2) Generally would rather earn it than having to ask but sometimes the saying "you don't ask, you don't get" springs to my mind and perhaps at times inaction gets you nowhere. I think it depends on the situation at the end of the day.

3) SCREW YOU FOREVER, I DID A 1,2,3 ANYWAY MUAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    It's been a long time since I've had to ask for something I wanted. The only really applicable example I can think of is here on PC with emblems. I remember wanting a whole stack of emblems, but I really wanted to earn them and have them given to me because I deserved it and people noticed; not because I jumped up and down asking for them. The emblems I earned mean a whole lot more to me than the ones I requested (well, the one I requested, there was only one) or got by default.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    I would rather earn the thing I want as in my books you shouldn't get it just by asking for it. My way seems to be fairer as you worked to get it not just getting it cause you want it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Um.. I work, save, and buy it myself.

Not all things are material.

I think it entirely depends on the situation. If I'm impatient and think that I would much prefer to have it NOW instead of later, I would either ask or hint heavily at it, because I'm really not a patient person and if I get myself set on something that I know will happen eventually if I wait, I won't want to wait. The way my mind automatically thinks is kind of like "if it's a given that I'm going to get it eventually, why wait for eventually? why not just give it to me now?" Asking isn't always necessarily bad; for example, my mother worked as a cashier for a while and she had the skill to be promoted to manager, but it wasn't until she talked to her boss about it that he even knew she wanted manager. As soon as he knew that it was something she was looking for he promoted her. If she hadn't asked, he would've still worked under the assumption that she didn't want manager and she would still be working as a cashier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    If I want something, I don't try to ask for it because I get a feeling that I might get a "no." Sometimes, I ask for it when I really want it on special occasions.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
    i wanted to play violin,i wanted to be a car racer...but what i really want..is a secret lol

like what's been said no pain no gain...and i prefer to get what i want using the hard way lol

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    One of the things I really want rn is play WoW for free. COME ONNN BLIZZARDDD
    I know it's not gonna happen though but I would definitely ask them.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I always try and earn something, whatever it is I want. I'll only ask someone for it as a last resort, or if I want it right there and then, I'd ask them for it and pay them back later. :P

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
    First of all you have to think to yourself is what you want achievable or attainable. If so, then you can work for it yourself and earn it or ask someone for help achieving what you want.However if what you want is to do with relationships, that's an entirely different ball game all together. People usually won't know how you feel until you tell them and if you don't ask, you may never know the answer. It's true in the sense of "what you don't ask, you don't get", but it depends if pride means so much ? It can be difficult to ask for things at times and that requires some bravery/courage and I don't feel it's always "an easy thing" to do. It takes 2 people to say "yes" and only 1 person to say "no" for things to not work out the way you wanted and that's just how life is.
    Materials in life can easily be bought,traded and sold, but people's thoughts and feelings are always changing and flowing within their enviroments. What you do at certain times can impact on them for a long time and you can't go back and change it.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I'm not a demanding person, so I would go for it by earning, not asking. I'm used to not asking for stuff I want, anyway. The sole exception was for pocket money, but even that, no more.

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
    If you are nice to the others, you can get things because they trust you. I do it often.

If buying methods should be mentioned, I often buy things alone with my money. If I really want sth the right time, I would ask him/her to buy it for me and then give the money later.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I would rather earn something, than asking for it.
    It would be more special to me if someone gives me something because they think I deserve, instead of me asking for in it. (Even if I know I deserve it.) :3

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Unless asking could mean I never get it, I see no harm in trying. Assuming that what I want doesn't cost anything much, ofc. If it was something material and expensive then I'd do what groteske said and buy it myself. But if I want it so much that I'd do anything to avoid being unable to have it, then I'd get it myself if there's even a slight chance of being unable to get it by asking.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    If I want something, I would come out all blunt about it and just ask them that I want "white reeses" for example because I've tried the "waiting game" for something, but 50 percent of the time, I don't get it, however, I have a higher chance (like 95 percent) of asking what I want and I tend to get it. I could think of Christmas as a good example. My mom would usually tell us to write down what I want for Christmas and I would get it all the time, everything else I forget and I actually want I don't receive it

:t354:TG

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    What I want most is actually a person. I'm too scared to say anything anyway, lol. Maybe one day he'll realize we're supposed to be together? :3 weeeeeeeeeeeeeee corny!!

For actual material things, I actually HATE asking for things. I always feel like I don't deserve anything I have already, so if they feel like I deserve it, it comes as a shock to me. But I never ask for things, really. Even at Christmas time, when people ask what I want, I just make a list, but I can't be around when they read it and I don't want any questions asked. I answer all questions I can think of on the list lol. :( It makes me feel demanding to tell people what I want.

Back