• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to be a mod! um... I don't know why...

lonewolfx44

Is a happy fellow ^^
    Years
    To be a mod is to watch over the threads and correct every single grammar error. :3

Well not really, but eh. I was an admin on the forums for a German game company when I was 14... maybe because I forged my age and I was very respectable there and not as weird then as I am now. I did my duties... errr dutifully. But, alas, I took a leave of absence for an entire month without notifying them and my admin status went to MODERATOR oh noes :(. So, I learn, to be an admin is to be responsible to your daily, or at least once every two days-ly duties.

EDIT: Oh Yes, I accidently deleted a 100 page thread except the one post which was offensive >.< . I am not that stupid anymore, but all the forum controls were too much for my 14-year-old-pubescent brain. OMG HORMONES.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    I covet the PM box.

Honestly, that is the best benefit a person can get on these forums. My PMs are always full to near full so I have to go and delete on a nearly daily basis. >.<

That aside, I'm one of the impatient people. Silly though it sounds, I'm really fond of certain sections on these forums so when I see people abusing them I tend to get overly emotional about it. Just pressing 'report' and waiting patiently for someone else to sort it out is just...argh, it grates on my nerves. x.x Plus, being able to see stealth-mode members and having a pretty username would always be fun. Oh, and getting full authority to tell people off for not following the rules too. Aaand...I'll have to say that the 'popularity' thing would actually be a downside for me. I mean, it wouldn't be me the people like; it would be my fancy-colored username and (pardon the cynicism) their hopes of obtaining one for themselves. I prefer proper friends over popularity, to be honest, and as a staff member it would be hard to tell whether the person genuinely wants to be friends or is just looking to mooch. xP

That being said, I don't think I'm really moderator material. I'm way too impatient with n00bs (Fully seconding Jack's proposal to drown them) and tend to put things harsher than I should, which inflames situations rather than easing them. >.< Yeah, as much as the lack of authority irks me, I'm probably better off as a regular ranting forumite. Besides, if Smarties' reactions to the PMs he's getting are anything to go by, I'm spared a lot of headaches this way. Sometimes it's a relief to just report and say 'not my problem'. ;D

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Alter Ego said:
    I covet the PM box.

Honestly, that is the best benefit a person can get on these forums. My PMs are always full to near full so I have to go and delete on a nearly daily basis. >.<

I agree with him 100%. The enlarged PM box is a godsend.

If I wanted to be a mod...Well, suppose you're generally being yourself, helping people, posting, and to be suddenly awarded the position without a prior warning--it feels nice to be recognized. Not for the power, but for your abilities and what you can do for PC.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    When they changed the color of the mods to pretty blue, I wanted to be one a little, but then I got this purple username. I did wanna be one just because like 2 years ago, but that went away quick.

Right now I'm content with the purple username so yay <3

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    The main reasons why I'd like to be a mod on here one day is due to the staisfcation that my hard work as a good member has reached a pinnacle, and that I have earned enough respect to be bestowed with Modship.

I'd like to end up being a mod of Stategies and Movesets, or the Wireless Battle Stadium/Trade Centre. I usually spend all my time hanging around there, which is why I havent got many posts.

But I know that's not gonna happen in the forseeable future. Someday...

lonewolfx44

Is a happy fellow ^^
    Years
    The main reasons why I'd like to be a mod on...

But I know that's not gonna happen in the forseeable future. Someday...

Don't every say something like that again, you shoot yourself in the foot as a potential candidate :P. I became an admin all of a sudden because of my upstanding behavior and dedication, just do that and SHOW NO AMBITION.

PS. I have heartburn

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I used to want it when i was kind of n00bish. Now I dont because its hard work and I'm not that devoted to PC. I have other things in life that require attention and I cant keep my attention on PC if i am a mod.

Ayce

Thread Killer
    Years
    No, I don't fantasize about being a mod, never have, not active or interested enough to be one in any case.

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Actually by the time I joined here I didn't tought of becoming staff , I just was "that other member"

I don't think I would like to become Staff, I have a lots of things to do (school, friends, family ^^), and actually mods need to take of their time to use it here ^^

If I ever get an offer (really diffucult thing quite impossible by the way xD) I would take it and see if I can deal with it, if not I would simply quit =]

Why? Bolded blue username Because instead of seeing other people take care of problems it would be better to take care of them by myself (and also the lock button is so atracting, just kidding :))

And continue using the warning button to stop spammers and give more work to mods ^^ Two birds in one shot

Back