• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to be a mod! um... I don't know why...

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Like Ausaudriel, Sammi, and Shiny Umbreon before me, I'm glad to be a staff because I can take care of the problems I see in my section without having to work through another person. I've always wanted to help PFF, and I did so in my own little ways before I got this funky blue user name.

Plus, I love this forum with most of my heart. This is my favorite forum to be on, and I'm glad that now I'm staff, I can help this forum even more. Liking this forum before I became a staff member helped out a lot. I don't look at coming here as a job, like other moderators I know on other forums see it. I just see myself as a regular member with a few more powers.

You really shouldn't want power just to be popular. That's the worst reason to want power. :< It's like politics. (I'll stop talking about history now...)

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    How the **** I can be a mod?!?!?!?!

Hehe, I don't know for a best Community, and I like to be different Color, hehehe

Years
    I myself thinks that the Pokemon Strategies and Movesets needs some cleaning up. Hardly any mod comes to the section anymore (besides Smarty). Popularity and power? Nah not so much as S&M crying out for help.

Jordan.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Romance Hero..... if you have the time and dedication involved... I think you could do it.... you definitely are passionate about writing, so I could totally see you being more than the Watchman of that section... you know.. giving feedback and whatnot...

and Shiny Umbreon... you were the first Mod I saw in these forums as I lingered more in the Diamond and Pearl Section of the forum... (I started in here solely for trading, and as the weeks went by, I met more and more very chill and down to Earth people, so I decided to get more involved).... you're strict, but not in an evil way... you gotta do what you gotta do... even in the few threads you've locked on me, I didn't take offense.. I sent you a PM to make sure I wouldn't do it again and make your life a bit easier.... that post you made saved me from getting ripped off the first couple times I did trades in forums in general, and I have it book marked as a quick reference tool... aside from that I use Marriland's pokedex to doublecheck stats and whatever is immediately visible... I hate scammers, and I especially dislike liars.. so I'd try to do my part as a regular member to counter them in a mature, civilized manner...

yea... I do report from time to time, and I do fail at making "different" threads, seeing how some of them end up being too similar to others, and you know what... at least you guys do something about keeping this place organized and easy to navigate.

I used to be a member of Talkbass forums, Eidos forums, and the Stikfanatics asylum,Psypokes, and a few others along the way... and this one has, I think, the best environment... sure it's not the most educational, and I do tend to be one of the older guys in it, but it's definitely a fun forum with more than simply pokemon.... it's a community, too! ... first one where I use my Internet name (my main digital "ego", so to speak) as a username... haha.

Totally true about this being about politics... over at my university... I'm the Elections Board Chair... I deal in local elections and elections within the university... it's a very tedious job, but I haven't gotten any wrinkles or greys over it, and I've held the position with the same passion I entered it with about 2 1\2 years ago.... and in politics... power can become a drug... but as addicting as it can get is as hard as the fallout can be... and I learned never to bite more than I can chew...

I wouldn't mind offering a hand in being a mod, but the one key problem I have is the lack of steady volunteer hours as I am a full-time college student that also needs to be making money on the side...

if you guys already got the power, keep up the good work. I've yet to meet a Mod over here that I felt was getting on my nerves by being abusive with the priveleges\power that they have over here.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Lol, as a past-AA, I'm not sure if my answer is entirely valid anymore. ;[ But I don't care; you're getting it, anyway.

I used to want to be a mod for the status it brought; I'll be honest. It's sort of hard for me to think back to that, because I was modded in, like... March 2005? I don't remember. It was during the second presidential elections, I think. But I also hated seeing the losers running rampant in something that pretty much formed my whole social life once, and I wanted to get rid of them. I didn't like just reporting and waiting for ages -- there were so few mods on in my timezone, anyway, compared to the middle of the day. I was so excited when I got offered mod position that I think it was Karli who told me to go get a bucket before I threw up. XD;;;

Now? I don't want to be a mod anymore. It was fun, yes, and the good things were... good. But it was stressful, and I stopped caring so much -- I found other things to do, and I saw a lot of my good friends quit and/or leave, and I saw all these people I didn't like at all begin to show up prominently. It seemed like the forum was getting colder and not like it used to be [because I'm one of those horrible members you hear about who HAET CHANGE and only come here to whine about them lawl]. I began hanging around less; I stopped doing things. Then some stuff happened and I got fired. And I've looked back about twice. XP It's really just peaceful to be a member. I used to go very over the top with my staffing; I was constantly here, stalking threads, stalking troublemakers, and I think I must have edited 20470574004+ signatures per month.

How the **** I can be a mod?!?!?!?!

Hehe, I don't know for a best Community, and I like to be different Color, hehehe

Not by swearing or evading the censors or even pretending to swear. And not by asking. There's a FAQ article about it; if it's for some reason not there, basically just hang around, establish yourself, don't get on people's nerves, don't be obsequious [because suck-ups get mocked], obey the rules, make yourself useful by reporting things that need fixing or to be dealt with, don't mini-mod, be friendly, stay active on the forums, and generally make yourself stand out the good way, not by causing trouble or showing off or whatever. If you stand out in a particular area and a place for moderating opens up there, you might get considered and voted upon.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    You know, When I think about it long and hard I want to be mod for so many reasons. Not for the power or the username color...Those are just minor benefeits that arent worth striving for.
    I only want to be a mod because like some of the people who have posted before me I want to do things myself. I care about this community a lot even though I dont post much. I'm not crazy nor am I sucking up to anyone to be honest. I dont want mod for what I get out of it. I just want the chance to be able to help the community. What kills me is that people mock me for that. XP Not a soul here on PC really belives I care. So, In a way, I also want to be a mod so I can prove to everyone I do care. Because it seems anything I do or say right now isnt enough.

Another reason I want to be a mod is because I dont see many mods online when I'm on. I know that if I could handle even a fraction of all the reports that are sent while I'm online that I'd make life easier for another moderator later on.

But, Even though I have all those reasons for wanting to be a mod...I dont expect it to be handed to me either. I just hope that maybe someday I'll get a chance to show PC that I do care.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The thread was meaty in content and I took my time, skipping through the contents.

If I were to be a mod, I would drown in power. Yes, power on an internet forum, which we all know is so serious, because the internet is serious business.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    Almost everyones is going to be the same. Popularity! For me it would have to be because I hate seeing people do stupid stuff and instead of having to wait and see something happen, I can fix it. Or tell them what not to do. Its hard coming to this site though when I've been mods, super mods, and even admins on other sites. I guess I have always been drawn to this site.....I don't know why.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I wanna be a mod because,
    I want to help PC and make the people follow rules.
    I care for this community and I want people to really respect this place,
    Ofcourse you get the flashy colors and popularity, but thats not it,
    Being a mod/admin would be keeping th community safe, and making sure people follow the rules, ya ive spammed sometimes(Thats by accident)
    If i was a mod, it would be fun-like most mods dont even care about anything and come like once in a month to visit this place and some even dont do there jobs properly, so all i wanna do is to Keep this place fun and a safe place where people follow the rules and have fun.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I think I'd like to be a mod because of the power. Locking threads, handing out warnings...

And being able to kick Sammi's butt in a modertor duel!

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    PC has been a part of my life for years now, and it's a great privelege to be able to help out with reports. :) I get fun and satisfaction from doing it, have met a lot of lovely people along the way and feel like I'm making a real contribution.

I don't think I am "famous" here at all, but that's not a factor for me. XD

--FG

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
    PC has been a part of my life for years now, and it's a great privelege to be able to help out with reports. :) I get fun and satisfaction from doing it, have met a lot of lovely people along the way and feel like I'm making a real contribution.

I don't think I am "famous" here at all, but that's not a factor for me. XD

--FG

Famous?! I'm working on a 4 hour oekaki xD

Is everyone here doing it mostly for glory?(except for a said few)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Why do I want to be a mod, well I guess there's a couple reason's besides having a sweet coloured username.
    For me their's only on eplace I'd actually want to be modded in and that here in OVP (which Audy has perfectley taken care of). It's my favourite forum and I think it'd be nice to have a voice.
    Of course it being my favourite forum means I love it and it truly frustrates me when I see someone abusing the rules in here. I love the polls and the different personalities and such but I hate it when people go to far.

That and everyone's cool here, I don't have to deal with a bunch of morons.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    I would want to be a mod so I can take care of things myself instead of reporting. (Yea and the colored username is kinda cool too.)
    Simple Enough. ._.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    I was a mod at one time but now I am too lazy so I wouldn't even want responsibilities on the forum.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I never really considered thinking of being a mod. But now that you bring it up, I'd probably only want to moderate in the Strategies & Movesets area (Since I don't see aragornbird to storm teams to death anymore :()

But since I know in my right mind that that kind of thing won't happen...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I would want to be a MOD to help out the nooby members that don't know the rules fully. The community is good so I also want to keep that going and not get people messing it up for the other members.
    The new colour isn't important to me. It is easier to lose than to gain and I don't want more people to talk to me because I am a MOD.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I use to want to be a mod but there are too many responsibilities. I'm good at finding errors and warning people but don't want to Mod. Another reason why I wanted to become one is because there names are in different colors which I would want mines to be Purple

:t354:TG

Years
    I'm not sure whether I'd actually want to be a mod here.
    I'm a mod at another forum and I think once you become a mod, you kinda lose a bit of freedom. You've got be more careful to make sure you don't break ANY rules since you are supposed to set an example.
    And even if you try to do your best to be a good mod, there will always be people who'll be unhappy with what you do (and send you "nice" PMs filled with asterisks xD)
    It's just a lot easier if all you've got to about a bad post is to report it and wait for the mods to take care of it instead of dealing with it on your own.

Now back to the actual question: Why would one want to be a mod?
    First of all, the different username color just makes you stand out a little bit. You might probably get a bit more popular (doesn't always have to be the case, but there is a chance) and you can take care of things yourself instead of using the report button and...you can see the mod forum xD

Concerning myself, I think blue is cool username color and I'd just love to see what the mod forum looks like :D
    And the take care of stuff instead of reporting it is a factor for me aswell^^

Back