• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I want to hear that track again!

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Hmmm I'm not sure I agree.
    The little ditty that plays when a pokemon has finished evolving or when a trade is completed, sounds like the same one from the GBA generation. It seems like a step backwards from the D/P/P games.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Ecruteak City.
    Violet City and others that have remixes of the Sevii Isles soundtracks (I hope somebody else noticed that, and it's not just me)

Saffron and Vermilion Cities have the best if you ask me. I just wish the others changed at night, like in Sinnoh. But, honestly, Saffron reminds me of the BBC show SMART, and is really relaxing, and Vermilion is just, relaxing.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Surprised no one has mentioned yet - the Pokéwalker theme!
    Seriously, I love that little tune so much, I whistle it as I walk.

A little known fact - the Pokéwalker theme is a remix of the Pokémon Printer theme from Pokémon Crystal, which wouldn't have had much use in this game were it not for that wondrous Pokéwalker.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    The music really is spectacular in HG/SS. I'd love an Original Soundtrack of it, should one ever be made available. Anyway, I particularly like the Goldenrod theme, Cerulean theme, the Kanto Gym Leaders theme, the Lance/Red battle, any legendary themes and various route themes.

But yes, the music really is something in this game and my favourite from any game in the series.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but search up "OST Project". Should be the first link; contains OSTs of hundreds of games.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze said:
    Violet City and others that have remixes of the Sevii Isles soundtracks (I hope somebody else noticed that, and it's not just me)
    The Sevii Island soundtracks were remixes of those. o_O?

OT: I love Dark Cave and Azalea, as well as the Bicycle theme. The Pokéwalker is pretty awesome too.

But you cannot forget, ever, your friend's theme. Ethan/Lyra's theme is the best theme ever. EVER. Ethan's is big, brassy and epic and Lyra's is lovey-dovey-girl-next-door (literally, too).

Last edited:

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
    I have to say...pretty much all of the battle themes. Trainer battle, rival battle, Johto gym leader battle, Kanto gym leader, and champion battle. I can't help it! They're so awesome. >.< Oh, and Ho-oh's battle theme was a VERY nice new addition.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I say that the Team Rocket and Rival battle themes are the best; they sound so awesome. xD

But I weirdly like the GTS music better than any Pokemon music. O_O

chicanery

is this youth?
    Years
    the new Dark Cave theme let me down a little :c i like how the old one actually sounded all... heavy and... dark cjkdslf but the new one isn't too bad i guess..! i miss the old National Park music too. and the original legendary beast music gave me little chills like the new one can't :'D

but i like what they did to the Violet City/Olivine City and wherever else it plays music, and the new music on Route 47/the cliff path near the Safari Zone, hee. c: the Rival battle sounds awesome too! but i still can't wait to get the GB Sound for a full-on rush of nostalgia aaahh

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Team Rocket Takeover. Oh, yes. I LOVE that! Although, I only got nostalgia rushes in Kanto. (First game was LeafGreen) TEAM ROCKET YOU RULE!

cjlaw

A unknown fighter
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 4, 2012
    My favourites was the Ho-oh battle music, kanto gym leader battle theme, national park music and route 26/27 theme.
    Lugia's battle music could of been much better.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I LOVED, and by that I mean LOVED all the music in HG/SS. ALL of it is amazing.

My favorites are plentiful: Vermilion City theme, kanto gym leader theme, kanto wild battle theme, all the johto themes, Ho-Oh's battle theme, Suicune and Raikou's battle theme, the team rocket battle theme and the rival battle theme.

The amazing music is one of the many reasons as to why I LOVE HG/SS.

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    My favorites would have to be Lake of Rage because that's where I would ALWAYS find Entei as a child. Listening to in with GB sounds made a tear appear. Also I like the remixes of the Kanto Wild Pokemon theme, as well it in GB Sounds. The last one would probably be the sound that plays when you first go to Kanto like the route to Victory Road.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Route 38=AWESOME
    Route 27=Epic rush of nostalgia!
    Red/Lance Battle=even more epic

Frankly, this list could go on and on. I even liked the new Route 47 music.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Woot! My 200th post!!!

Anyway, I really like the new Celadon City music! XD And I really like Goldenrod's, too.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I dislike most of them except for a few which kick major ass, like the Kanto Gym Leader battle theme

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    HG/SS are easily the best games for music so far - that's a given. :) I really loved how some of the mixes turned out, but my favourites have to be the Kanto battle themes - they're sooo epic! Makes a Lv. 5 Pidgey seem like a freakin boss battle!

Though my favourite by far is the Kanto Gym Leader theme. You just can't get more epic than this. Even the champion music doesn't match it!

Awesome :D

Celest8

Lance/Wataru's Stalker
    Years
    but my favourites have to be the Kanto battle themes - they're sooo epic! Makes a Lv. 5 Pidgey seem like a freakin boss battle!

Omg I know! The first time I heard it, I was surfing, and immediately thought I had encountered some kind of weird legendary water Pokemon or something. Turns out to be just a Tentacool, which then sparked my memory that I had just arrived in Kanto, where almost everything is more epic. =3

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Team Rocket Battle theme. I love that piece of music the most. Fortunately for me, I have that theme, but unfortunately I can't hear it in game ever again, unless I restart, but I don't want to do that.

Back