• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wish I was him/her!

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Did you ever envy someone and wanted to be like them? Or are you satisfied with yourself and do not compare yourself to others?

And the title should be, "I wish I were him/here".

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I envied other kids a lot while growing up. I envied them because I was always the one being picked on, and that my life was crap and their life was heaven compared to mine.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I proudly say that I'm proud of myself. ^__^
    I'm contented with who and what I am right now.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Sometimes. I also always wonder what it would be like to be someone else. And I wonder if there's an alternative universe where everyone is really the same person.

Complicated to put into words.

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    I'm pretty much jealous of everyone. If not them as a person, then it's over a certain trait or something they have in life.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Yes. There was once a man whom captured my attention. I saw something in him that many others did not, and I strove to be like him. Eventually, I succeeded. Take a look at me a good five or six years ago and there are very few similarities.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My life has been no picnic but I have never compared my life with anyone elses. There life could look all flowers and sunshine around everyone else when at home demons could be emerging from the floorboards.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Sometimes I do. There were times when I wished I could be in another person's shoes just to see what like would be like if I were them. Other times was just because I felt like I didn't like how my life was going and that I'd rather be someone else because they seemed so much happier than I was at the time.

Bologna

One might call me "hip"
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    I'm sure I've wished it at some point, but it was never a nagging dream of mine to ever be anyone else, in fact, it probably lasted less than a few minutes. I'm pretty happy with who I am, and while I may think from time to time that I would like a certain aspect of someone else's life, I would never want to be anyone else. At least... not for an extending period of time. I think there are certain people who it would be interesting to live as for a day, just to see what their whole life is really like.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'm sure I've wished it at some point, but it was never a nagging dream of mine to ever be anyone else, in fact, it probably lasted less than a few minutes. I'm pretty happy with who I am, and while I may think from time to time that I would like a certain aspect of someone else's life, I would never want to be anyone else. At least... not for an extending period of time. I think there are certain people who it would be interesting to live as for a day, just to see what their whole life is really like.

That's pretty much exactly my input right there.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    what azure said. it'd be cool to walk in someone else's shoes for a short period of time, just to see the world from a different perspective, but ultimately, i'd prefer to stay myself if i had the chance to change who i was inside and out forever.

Years
    I can say i've never wished i was some, but i'm constantly wishing i'm like someone whether it be because they have more friends, more money, better looks or something as simple as having more peoples phone numbers.

Years
    I try not to be jealous of other people, and most times I'm not. If I do get jealous of someone I either look for the positives in my life, or if I can't find those then the negatives in their life, until I feel better. You are what you make of life, if I'm jealous of somebody it means I haven't done enough to be in that person's shoes; generally I'm pretty content with myself.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    It's natural to wonder what it'd be like to be someone else, but I've never wished I could be someone else specifically. I simply tend to take the best traits of everyone I know and adopt it if I can.

Naturally, if I want to be nasty, I can simply mirror someone who is a terrible person...they often end up driving themselves crazy when I do that. xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've never wished I was someone else. Maybe, that I had some extra traits or would lose some of my current traits, but never as far as wishing I was a different person. Even if I did switch places with someone else, whilst I might be in a better situation, I'd still simultaneously lose some of my own positive traits, and gain different negative traits. Everyone has a problem of some sort.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Nah, I've always been fully satisfied with who and what I am.

Lol. That's a lie.

But seriously, the only person I'm envious of right now in full is my self from 3 years ago and before. We have an entirely different life, pretty much.

Back