• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ice Stone???

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    I've been reading around threads and it seems no one is questioning how alolan vulpix will evolve. Regular fire type vulpix evolves with a fire stone but that doesn't really fit now that it is an ice type. Do you guys think they will change the evolution method and if so how? Will it be through level up at an ice location in the game, will it still be a fire stone, or do you think they will come up with something new like a new stone or a held item?

Years
    We haven't had a proper evolution stone introduced since 4th Gen so I feel an Ice Stone may seem unlikely. I could instead see a new item that's used to evolve Alola Forms of Pokemon with stone evolutions, like the aforementioned Ninetales and Exeggutor.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Or it could just keep the same evolution method :p
    Hey, pokemon can be wierd.

Reactions: Rai
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    I was thinking maybe level up while holding an icy rock. As for exeggutor i think it would keep the leaf stone as it is still a grass type

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Use the Ice Rock. Would be nice for another Pokemon other than just Eevee to use it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    It'll probably be a location-based evolution. Think something like Magnezone, except apply it to Alola Vuplix.

See but that becomes a different problem because if location based then we would have to have a regular vulpix but vulpix is already ice type that would make the location based evo pointless

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    That depends entirely on whether or not regular vulpix is even available in the region, in which my speculation pretty much rested on the assumption that it does. If you catch an Alolan Vulpix, it's not outside the realm of possibility to imagine just training it in the snow capped mountains until it evolves. It is, for all intents and purposes, a different Pokemon entirely than the regular Vulpix, it seems.

Or, we can finally use NeverMeltIce and put that to good use to make Vulpix evolve by holding it. That can act as a psuedo Ice Stone, anyway.

NeverMeltIce would be nice too but i just highly doubt the location based evolution part due to the fact we have an alolan vulpix. If they were to allow regular vulpix to evolve into alolan ninetales then with that logic alolan vulpix could evolve into regular ninetails with a fire stone and i highly doubt that would be possible

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Everyone's mentioning the Ice Rock, and yet nobody's mentioning the Light Stone, which can still work for Ice types.

Reactions: Rai
    Years
    Everyone's mentioning the Ice Rock, and yet nobody's mentioning the Light Stone, which can still work for Ice types.

The Light Stone contains Reshiram (as explained in B/W) so it can't be an evolution stone, which is why it's not getting mentioned here.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Having a new evolution stone would be awesome, since he haven't gotten a new one in so long. However, it it will probably be an existing item, like the rest of you have mentioned- NeverMelt Ice, maybe a Shiny Stone...

But I feel like making it the same evolution method as Glaceon would be the best. Having to travel to one lone stone for one Pokemon seems kind of unfair. I feel that the trip to the icy stone would be more worthwhile if it could be used to evolve Glaceon AND the Alola Nintetales. Not that just Glaceon isn't worth it <3

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I see them almost definitely going with using the same method to evolve Glaceon - An Icy Rock located somewhere in the region. However, they could change it up and just have Alolan Vulpix evolve by level.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I see them almost definitely going with using the same method to evolve Glaceon - An Icy Rock located somewhere in the region. However, they could change it up and just have Alolan Vulpix evolve by level.

Oh yes, levels. Forgot about those :p

Years
    Shiny Stone would be possible, considering two of the Pokemon that evolve with it are Fairy-types, while Roselia is part of the Fairy egg group.

Years
    An Ice Stone would be pretty cool, as we haven't had a new evolution stone for quite some time and for the most part I like the idea of evolving Pokemon with a stone as it gives the trainer complete freedom to choose the timing of the evolution. Unfortunately, I think it's most likely to be location based, with an Ice Rock or something but oh well :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    I think maybe there will just be a stone that will evolve Alolan Forms that normally evolve with certain stones.

Back