• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'd write with this pink crayon all my life if they'd let me...

Years
  • What's your favorite kind of writing utensil?
    Pens, pencils, markers, crayons, colored pencils, something I missed...?

Personally, I prefer pens. Most are very easy to write with, and they don't smear on my hand as much as pencils do after prolonged use. One of the downfalls of being left handed (although that might just be me not writing correctly). :( They also come in all sorts of varieties and colors and they're just so much fun to collect! The only downside is that you have to have whiteout to cover up mistakes (or scratch it out) -- unless you have erasable pens, but the ones I've tried didn't erase well.

Despite what the thread says I would not write in a pink crayon all my life. It was just an interesting title. :(

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I tend to prefer thin lined pens, those artline ones. They're just easier to write with than ballpoint ones, though doesn't necessarily make my writing better.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Fine tipped pens or mechanical pencils. I love pencils, but if I tend to obsess when I have one of those lovely pens. I like to take them from people and just write random stuff with them because they're fun to have, but overall, I'm good with a pencil.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Mechanical pencil maybe?

I prefer a bit darker a line than a pencil can give, but I also don't like the potential for smudges that pens have.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • 0.5mm mechanical pencil is the best drawing instrument ever. :D

For general writing, I can flip back and forth between pencil and pen with no problem. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i like the black gel pens, particularly for doodling, i like to overdo detail and the thickness of the lines gives it this outstanding, cartoony effect that i like. as for writing, im not a huge fan of wooden pencils but i'll use whatever's on me

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I like gel pens, but... would be nicer to have tips thinner than 0.5mm, and for the casing itself to be thin like biros. Given this I'd have to say I've yet to find any comfortable individuals.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    i like the black gel pens, particularly for doodling, i like to overdo detail and the thickness of the lines gives it this outstanding, cartoony effect that i like. as for writing, im not a huge fan of wooden pencils but i'll use whatever's on me

0.5mm mechanical pencil is the best drawing instrument ever. :D

For general writing, I can flip back and forth between pencil and pen with no problem. XD

^ what these two fine posters said. I like mechanical pencils over wooden pencils because, as an artist, the have a much softer feel and actually my handwriting looks better with a mechanical pencil as opposed to a wooden pencil <-<.

Gel pens, black mostly, because, like popnoodle, its for details and the thickness is just amazing when I'm inking a picture I have drawn.

So yep mechanical pencils and gel pens...n n'

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Pens for writing and drawing. I only use pencils to sketch, and I use markers on cardboard, and on bigger art projects.

EDIT: I don't like wooden pencils, at all. My fingers are rather bony and the wood digs into them, leaving bruises. Also, I have a habit of playing with my lighter and they set on fire rather quickly. And if I break a pen it doesn't give me splinters >.>

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I love writing with those mechanical pencils, since I make mistakes all the time, and mechanical pencils allow me to correct my mistakes hassle-free. For some reason, when I write with a mechanical pencil, I make less mistakes than I normally do.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Those fine-tipped line pen things - like those Artline pens. I find them awesome to write with. :D

Aside from that, a pencil at the perfect sharpness is awesome, as is a fine (0.7 or thinner) ballpoint pen.

I love writing with finepoint stuff. :D

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    For writing, I much rather use a fine tipped pen. They write so easy on paper and no smearing. Pencils are good when you write a rough draft because then if you make a mistake, you can erase it. A pen...you have to use whiteout.

For drawing...nothing. Because I can't draw. ;_;

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • omg a conversation about office/art supplies /flail

For writing things like school notes or in a notebook, I stick with a plain ol' #2 pencil or a mechanical pencil, preferably .7mm ones. I like using multi-pens when I need to write something in pen, specifically these. I also use those for sketching/drawing, it's much easier than carrying around a ton of ballpoint pens that barely work.

For drawing, like I said, I use multi-pens in my sketchbook more than anything. For finished work(s) I like using mechanical drafting pencils (0.3mm and 0.7mm) or just regular pencils. I also use (and love) my brush pen.

In nearly any case, I'll use whatever I can get my hands on, even if it's a highlighter or a crayon. I just really don't like erasable pens or rollerball pens with really wet ink that smears everywhere.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Biro for the win. I just find it easiest to write with and tend be neater than when I write in pencil.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I use anything by "Sakura" - not just the "art supply stuff" but, I use thier "sumo" writing utensils.
    However, if I somehow run out of my Sakuras (which is highly unlikely) I will use standard pens, like Pilots or Zebras. I prefer purple or black ink with a smooth flow. as far as pencils go. I prefer .07 led for writing, and .05 for sketching.
    I would have to say, when it comes to "writing/drawing utensils" I am very picky.

Back