• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] IDK but each time I try to compile I don't get any .GBA file. Please Help

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    For the 3 days now, I've been trying to set up Pokeemerald with Cygwin and MSYS2. Each time I try to compile I end up getting the Pokeemerald folder with most of the files. Some and .GBA are missing. Ive been using Lunos's tutorial as best as I can. I dont think I missed any steps in either.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • For the 3 days now, I've been trying to set up Pokeemerald with Cygwin and MSYS2. Each time I try to compile I end up getting the Pokeemerald folder with most of the files. Some and .GBA are missing. Ive been using Lunos's tutorial as best as I can. I dont think I missed any steps in either.
    If you're not getting a .gba ROM file, that means you got errors during compilation.
    If you got errors during compilation, it's because you didn't follow my tutorial correctly and you did something wrong at some point.
    That's all I can tell you with what little information you gave.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    I'll try your CYGWIN tutorial again. I'll make sure to follow the exact steps. Ill tell you my result soon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    I think what may have caused this is, that I copied all the scripts you put in the tutorials at once.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    Okay so, When I try, I get this error that there's no install.sh directory/file. make -jN, i get an error for the -J requires a postitive integer argument? I dont think ive had these errors before.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Okay so, When I try, I get this error that there's no install.sh directory/file. make -jN, i get an error for the -J requires a postitive integer argument? I dont think ive had these errors before.
    1) You're supposed to use ./install.sh while your terminal is pointing to agbcc's folder, so check that.

2) You're not supposed to use make -jN.
    In every single one of my tutorials I state immediately afterward that you have to replace "N" with the number of CPU threads you want to assign to the compiler.

Back