• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Bowser was a Pokemon......

What type of Pokemon would Bowser be?

• Total voters

Djinnception

There's a Snake in my boots!
    Years
    What type would he be?

I was thinking Fire type. But then I was thinking Fire-type moves aren't always exclusive to Fire-types. Also, he is a giant turtle, which could mean he's a ground or water type. I was just kinda wondering this because of a forumfic I am writing on another site.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    It could just be a Fire-type only. I mean his castle always had lava under it, but he didn't always do well when he fell in it... But Torkoal is a tortoise and is only a Fire-type.

Amu

remember who the real enemy is
    Years
    Eh, he's a turtle... Fire and... rock, possibly? He has a pretty rock-like build

Years
    I always thought he was more of a Fire/Dragon type. In a Pokemon perspective, he's pretty much Charizard(a dragon like Pokemon) crossed over with Blastoise.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm leaning towards Bowser being a pure Fire Pokemon because he's almost always in hot places, like his castles.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm going with pure Fire here. It doesn't seem like his shell has properties of either rock or steel, and although Bowser's been dumped into his own lava multiple times, he always survives and comes back.

I guess you could make an argument for Ground since sometimes he does cause earthquakes when he jumps up and down...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    He's definitely part dragon, but the other type would be either fire, rock, or dark. I can't really decide which one fits him the best, because he has a lot of qualities of those three. I guess I can eliminate rock because he isn't exactly defensive. Granted, all rock Pokémon aren't defensive, Bowser is punchable without getting your hand hurt. I guess I'll go with dark, just because dragons - being dragons - are capable of breathing fire anyway. So, dragon and dark are his types! Dragon is his primary, and dark is his secondary.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Personally, I think it's Dragon/Fighting as the character is not a very defensive colour, although I guess it could learn a few fire and dark type moves.

Moves learn by level up.

-- Scratch
    -- Mach Punch
    5 Leer
    10 Ember
    20 DragonBreath
    23 Triple Kick
    26 Dragon Claw
    30 Theif
    37 Dragon Pulse
    42 Hammer Arm
    53 Nasty Plot
    53 Hone Claws
    60 DynamicPunch
    67 Giga Impact
    71 Outrage

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Weird question x)
    I think it would be Dragon/Fire type. But I can't imagine Bowser as a Pokémon... Bowser is Bowser, king of Turtle.

Guest123_x1

I originally thought Bowser was some sort of dragon, so I'd go with Dragon/Fire also.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
    Weird question x)
    I think it would be Dragon/Fire type. But I can't imagine Bowser as a Pokémon... Bowser is Bowser, king of Turtle.

I'm gonna be a smart-A here, but Bowser is King of Koopas.

I'm pretty sure Bowser is Dark/Fire if here will ever be a pokemon. If he goes and captures Peach for no clear reason, Bowser probably has a dark intention......plus he has survived falling in lava ALL the times he does, except The New Super Mario Bros. for the DS.

Hyrule

Knight
    Years
    • Uh
    • Seen Jun 10, 2012
    I'd say either Fire/Dragon or Fire/Ground, seeing as he's pretty landlocked and is always compared to a big bruiser, kinda like a Rhyperior or something.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Aside from having Fire Breath and for being evil, Bowser's attacks in Brawl are pretty much Dark- and Fire- related. So yeah, Dark/Fire. I can imagine his Dex entry would be like this (made it myself, don't steal :P):

the PokeDex said:
    Bowser, the Koopa King Pokemon.

Ever since the Mario series began, Bowser has had a long-standing feud with Mario and Luigi and is known to have always kidnapped their princess, Peach. In battle, Bowser uses its powerful claws and destructive fire to crush its opponents while using the tough shell on its back to block enemy attacks.

If Bowser was a Pokemon......

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Yeah he'd definitely be dragon/fire since he's a DRAGON and he spits fire. He's a dragon because he is the Koopa king, and Koopa's are reptiles (typically turtles), and a fire breathing giant turtle with spikes comes close to a dragon imo.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Any, even combinations, of these types would probably seem fit: Fire, Dragon, and Dark. Like yoshi said, he spits out fire and lives in a, somewhat, fiery place. He looks like a wingless dragon tbh, and he kidnapped a Princess (somehow reminds me of the Ice King fufufufu).

Back