• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Munna's sprite floats, why is its ability not levitate?

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
Years
  • Eelektross that has levitate and doesn't float (though it makes it a BEAST haha )
    Also , mostly every ghost are floating in their sprites , and not all of them have levitate ^^' Only ghost that I think shouldn't have levitate is Golurk,Arceus Ghost form,Spiritomb and dusclops

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Well, moves such as Earth Power and such aren't just on the ground. Have you ever noticed with say, the animation of Earth Power that there are like, geysers or jetstreams of the earth coming up from the ground? That's probably why ground moves can hit them.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • When you use Earthquake, you don't just shake the earth. That won't damage anything.

What you do is you TEAR THE GROUND ASUNDER AND CAUSE TECTONIC PLATES TO RISE UP INTO THE AIR AND EXPLODE INTO DEATH-INFLICTING SHRAPNEL. That's why it can hit floating Pokemon. Pokemon with Levitate can float higher. ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Apparently the thread creator doesn't want the title discussed, though personally, I think it creates more discussion, so meh. From now on I guess just post about the Pokemon that have "wrong" abilities in your view. Though you are free to discuss each other's posts.

Either way, we'll see how this goes in B/W and if it ends up broadening to other Pokemon, then PGC can have it.

Anyway, Emboar should have Sturdy. I don't care that it's a starter - look at the way it's built, it's almost screaming for Sturdy. D<

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Volcarona should have Levitate. Plain and simple. Why? Look below.
    637.gif

Also, he can learn Fly. Therefore, Levitate would be a perfect ability. The same applies to Beedrill.

Years
  • Rotom's fan Forme shouldn't have Levitate. I still wouldn't use it, but it always annoyed me that it has both Levitate and a Flying typing.

I should give it the Air Balloon item just to make sure it doesn't have a Ground-type weakness. ¬_¬

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Guts and Sturdy should be switched around on Sawk and Throh. I mean, Guts raises Attack, which would be logical for Sawk, and Sturdy is for tough, defensive Pokemon like Throh. Idk why they are the way they are. ;_; I also don't understand Overcoat for Vullaby/Mandibuzz. They're birds, they fly. In the air. Where weather happens. How can they not be affected by it?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Guts and Sturdy should be switched around on Sawk and Throh. I mean, Guts raises Attack, which would be logical for Sawk, and Sturdy is for tough, defensive Pokemon like Throh. Idk why they are the way they are. ;_; I also don't understand Overcoat for Vullaby/Mandibuzz. They're birds, they fly. In the air. Where weather happens. How can they not be affected by it?

Vullaby and Mandibuzz are designed after vultures. Vultures stereotypically live in the desert, where sandstorms occur. Sandstorm, in-game, is a damaging weather effect... However, none of the other Abilities that prevent Sandstorm-based damage are really fitting. Sand Veil doesn't really make sense. Sand Power, not really... Et cetera.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • is there any other pokemon that you feel doesn't have the right ability?
    name it and tell us what it should be and why

You wanna know the answer?
    It right below:

When you use Earthquake, you don't just shake the earth. That won't damage anything.

What you do is you TEAR THE GROUND ASUNDER AND CAUSE TECTONIC PLATES TO RISE UP INTO THE AIR AND EXPLODE INTO DEATH-INFLICTING SHRAPNEL. That's why it can hit floating Pokemon. Pokemon with Levitate can float higher. ^^

Exactly. That's why it can hit floating PKMN. However, I do think
    that Beedrill, Volcarona, Venomoth and Dustox should have Levitate.
    They have wings. And their animated sprites in Black and White
    briefly suggests that shouldn't be hit with any Ground type moves at all.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How do Golett and Golurk look like Klutzes? Not only is that ability useless on them, I don't see how they're Klutzes. I think that their DW ability, No Guard should have been their secondary ability.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • How do Golett and Golurk look like Klutzes? Not only is that ability useless on them, I don't see how they're Klutzes. I think that their DW ability, No Guard should have been their secondary ability.

Yeah, they don't even look like klutzes.
    In fact, they are far from being similar to a klutz.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The fact that Vullaby and Mandibuzz is a half dark blows my mind, it should have been a Normal/Flying type like their counter-partners but this is a ability thread so I have to agree with Eelektross having Levitate, it just makes no sense (what a waste of an ability)

:t354:TG

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i think overgrow & its counter parts on the beginners is a waste of good ideas& space that could be made, I.E. Snivy & its dream world ability... wouldve been so much better without overgrow & just contrary wouldve been fine

Torchic with speed boost? HELL YES!

i mean seriously no thick fat piplups? what kind of world do we live in when every other pokemon gets great abilities (usually) and the beginners get complete ****.

Xetharo

The Illustrious Mew
    Years
  • the one that really bugs me is Magnezone...he's obviously floating using his magnets or w/e...but doesn't have levitate...he learn's magnet rise to get around that, but still! he's already floating...he should already have levitate

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • The fact that Vullaby and Mandibuzz is a half dark blows my mind, it should have been a Normal/Flying type like their counter-partners but this is a ability thread so I have to agree with Eelektross having Levitate, it just makes no sense (what a waste of an ability)

:t354:TG

It's a vulture. That more than warrants it for being half dark type.
    And Eelektross' Levitate is 80% of what gives it its uniqueness, even if it doesn't make sense.

ShinyZoruaGirl

Crazy Rowdyruff Boys Fangirl!
    Years
  • I think Mew should have Levitate. I mean, come on. You see it in the movies, am I correct? Its feet never touch the ground. It just bugs me.

Back