• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Shinies Becomes A Thing...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    If the creators of Pokémon GO adds shinies, how do you guys think it'll work? Will it be a good thing or a bad thing?

I imagine die-hard Pokémon fans will do crazy things if shinies suddenly becomes a thing. It'll be random though, obviously. Many trainers can catch the same Pokémon, but the RNG gods will only bless a few or even none of the players the chance of encountering shinies while the players group-catches the same PKMN. And when trading becomes a thing, shinies will add a great impact to it, I believe.

...I'm afraid to imagine how you guys will try and hatch for shinies. >.>

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Imagine catching a CP10 Shiny. You'll then need lots of candy and stardust to even make it a respectable pokémon you'd actually use. Plus; if it's a very rare pokémon you're in luck XD

Years
  • Imagine catching a CP10 Shiny. You'll then need lots of candy and stardust to even make it a respectable pokémon you'd actually use. Plus; if it's a very rare pokémon you're in luck XD
    I always thought that shinies were just of collector value. Very rarely have I seen one in battle. I mean competitively, there's too much to look out for like nature, etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I really hope shinies are introduced. I was always a casual player of the main series, but the two times I encountered a shiny in the wild (one of which was killed by an NPC teammate noooooooo!!) it made my day. I'd love to have that feeling in PoGo to, and I wouldn't even mind if I found one and then it fled, because hey, it would give me another story to tell XD

So yeah, I hope they add them in such a way that you can just encounter them randomly by finding pokemon and hatching eggs, and that it's a very, very low chance (because if it was too common it wouldn't feel special).

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I think Shinies would be a wonderful addition to GO. If nothing else it will make experience grinding by catching Pidgeys more enticing...

Collecting is a big part of GO for a lot of people anyway.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Having a rare shiny Pokémon hovering above a gym would make you look pretty darn cool but I don't hugely see the point in shinies yet - with no way to show other people what you've caught it seems like it'd be a bit disappointing to catch a shiny Pokémon and then have nothing to do with it after. Maybe once trading/battling are in the game it'd be a lot more appealing but for now I don't really mind if they're added or not - I wouldn't complain but I can think of higher priorities haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2016
    Pokemon Go Shiny Pokemon

Anyone excited for these potentially coming to the game? I think it would add a nice layer of depth to it.

Back