• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If the Pokemon strike eachother...

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm VERY psyched about BR, but I just noticed something.

If the Pokemon are actually going to be shown hitting eachother when using physical attacks, then some of them may be more unsettling for younger or more sensitive players.
    Here's an imaginary battle between Pikachu and Tyrannitar:

Pikachu used Thunder Wave! Tyrannitar is paralyzed, it can't move!

Tyrannitar used Crunch!

... yeah, that might not be so pretty. O_o

... or what about "Steelix used Crunch!"? o.o

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
  • I've also heard that the direct contact is an OPTION. You can have...

Contact
    No-Contact
    Alteration
    Random

...from the videos I've seen.

Years
  • If contact is an option, it will make the game more realistic. In every new version of the console game, I was hoping for this.

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    I don't think it's an option. And not all attacks are physical. For example, Crunch was like it was in other games, IIRC. Also, not all attacks connect although they make it look like.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    What?! Is it bad that they hit each others physically? Me and my friend think the Colloseum and DX so stupid because the pkmn hit the air and still strike the oppoenent. The game makers cannot do it better than that? Old games looks like that, Final Fantasy 6 for instance, but Colloseum is Game Cube! I felt so happy when I saw a video of Battle Revolution when the Pokémon went to each others when attacking, just like other RPG games to Playstation1-2 and Gamecube.

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
  • i agree with te-em, the developers of the Pokemon line should have up'ed their game a long time ago. when gamecube came out and the first Pokemon title along with it.. it was understandable that it was almost an identical copy of the gb versions.. but that type of low effort game programming is no longer acceptable in my view. I REALLY want to see a Pokemon title take advantage of everything the Wii offers this time around.

Law07

<--Kaboom-->
    Years
  • Unsettling my ass thats what pokemon is about! Things hitting eachother with big fire balls and big strikes of absolute whoop ass!

They should make pokemon a 12+ and make the game so much more cooler.

Or Grand Theft Auto Kanto!

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I'd rather have Contact, I've always wanted it to be like the show!

Show = No good, imo.

Anyways, I was thinking that they should make physical contact in these Pokemon games...

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
  • They should make pokemon a 12+ and make the game so much more cooler.

Or Grand Theft Auto Kanto!

The ratings for Pokemon Games are never gonna go up cause they generally started out as {E} games. Plus nothing about Pokemon would make sense in a {T} rated game. If you had people actually getting killed then you would have to make the pokemon battles concept the same rating. And to me that's just dumb.

Plus moves like crunch and bite I think have the pokemon making contact but have the same attack animations from Collosseum and XD.

I LOL at Grand Theft Auto Kanto.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    WOW!i was so exited when i saw prerelease videos,and i also saw some videos in the japanese and they were actiony along wih more info,and i would have contact on the game

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Come on, Pokémon are not just two monsters looking at each other staying still and making fangs appear in front of the other. For a battle to be realistic, they actually have to hit each other. That's why is a Pokémon BATTLE.

Look, I don't want to see Pokémon bleeding or spliting in two, but I wanted to see this kind of battles a lot of time ago....

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    If they can make Bowser smash pichu up in SSBM, then I don;t see why anyone should have a problem with it in BR.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I was surprised too but I liked it because it spices up the game and makes it much more realistic.

Agreed. As long as games look like a real battle, they'll be okay. The graphics in the GBA and DS are getting better, but I hate when some fangs appear from nothing and hit the other Pokémon while the one who made the move doesn't even move!

Back