• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If they were to do a spin off?

Who do you want the spin off on?

• Misty

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Dawn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Barry

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Who would you like a spin off on? It was being talked about in another thread so I decided to make one. I think a spin off on May would be pretty cool, it'd be more around contests and they'd show May face Drew and Harley a couple of times. I could also see a spin off of either Paul or Barry. Than again with Ash trying to be a Pokemon master, why have two shows based on characters trying to make that same goal? Any ways who do you want a spin based on?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Okay, so now I have to try and start posting more often than I have been lately. This looks easy enough to start with.

Now, if you haven't noticed, my favorite character in the animé is May. Ever since she and Max left, I wanted some sort of spin-off featuring her travels in Johto and whatever her brother has been doing (Apparently it's brushing his dad's Pokémon). Seeing Harley, Drew, and Soledad would have been such a relief since Zoey, Nando, and Kenny were all so boring. Why did we get stuck with them again? Whatever. Back to the spin-off thing, seeing a Pokémon Contest arc would've been very nice to see and we could've revisited some of the more interesting Gym Leaders from Johto like, um, Whitney and, um, Chuck? I don't know but it would've been pretty cool.

Everyone else is too boring to see.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Hmm. This seems to be like a interesting thread.

For starters having a spin off on May wouldn't be a bad idea. I would also want to see what happened to her in the Johto region and her way through the Sinnoh to meet up with Ash well. Max would be a bit interesting as well since Max left. I sometimes wonder what Max has been doing at home while his sister was out on his journey. I would love to have a spin off on Barry. Although he is my favorite character I would want to see what he does later on. Would he leave the Sinnoh region to check out other places like Ash or would he do something else to become a great Pokemon trainer?

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Just like the others... Haruka's spin off would be awesome... I've loved Haru-chan since the first episode of Hoenn.
    But I think it's too late...
    They should have done it when Sinnoh was airing...
    So now I think they should do Shinji's or Jun's spin off.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I chose Paul. The reason being the completely different battling style of his in comparison to Ash. I really liked him as a rival, he provided quite a lot of competition to Ash.

Years
    I would like to some more Chronicles episodes on several of those names in the poll. I would also like to see a spin-off series based on Mystery Dungeon and not just one episode like what's already been done.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I voted May.

I guess it's because when she came back for a short while in DP it seemed like she'd been through a lot, new clothes, pokemon etc... I just really felt like I wanted to know all she did in johto and about her journey - including seeing Drew, Harley and soledad in Ecruteak City. I just think it would be awsome seeing her travel around Johto entering contests.

I remember seeing this a few years a ago, I was really sad when I found out it was fake:
    If they were to do a spin off?

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    No doubt May i miss her how original and funny she was and how she rocked at contests
    i also miss Drew and Harley they were so original as rivals

If only it was true i would rather watch that then glactic battles

If only it was true i would rather watch that then glactic battles

Last edited:
    Years
    I think Team Rocket could have their own spin-off... Well, the old Team Rocket anyways... Honestly, the episodes focus around Team Rocket are my favorite ones. They could make a spin-off about adventures they have when the twerps aren't around!

Off-topic, I despise this new boring Team Rocket. They might as well have just replaced them. I'd prefer that over wiping them clean of their personalities. Sinnoh actually gave Team Rocket some good character development in a select few episodes(For Pokemon, anyways.), they could have had them turn good, turn themselves in, go to jail for a year or two, then have them become spies, cops, traveling salesmen, etc. Hey, that could lead into a spin-off! XD

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    I think Team Rocket could have their own spin-off... Well, the old Team Rocket anyways... Honestly, the episodes focus around Team Rocket are my favorite ones. They could make a spin-off about adventures they have when the twerps aren't around!

Off-topic, I despise this new boring Team Rocket. They might as well have just replaced them. I'd prefer that over wiping them clean of their personalities. Sinnoh actually gave Team Rocket some good character development in a select few episodes(For Pokemon, anyways.), they could have had them turn good, turn themselves in, go to jail for a year or two, then have them become spies, cops, traveling salesmen, etc. Hey, that could lead into a spin-off! XD

^ This. I agree Ox
    I adore James, and I adore Rocket focusing episodes as well =DD

Else, I voted "other", as I think we need more episodes involving Gold/Jimmy/Kenta.
    That, or a spin-off with Gary :D
    But seriously, I don't think Jimmy looks/sounds like a 10 years old boy and that makes him awesome AND I just love the : "You rock, and you rule" quote !
    Jimmy is quite a character, if you ask me, aaand...he has a Typhlosion and you got to play as him (well kinda) in the games ! .u.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
    I also wouldn't mind seeing a Team Rocket spinoff. It could be potentially quite entertaining, and best of all, chock full of Poke-puns!
    Another one I think would be cool would be a young Professor Oak series. We all know he's a brilliant professor now, but what about when he was in Pokemon college, or whatever?

Back