• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could add/remove/change anything in Pokemon games what would it be?

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Okay, so I like to create game concepts for fun, as a hobby. So I am trying to make a concept on how I would remake Pokemon. I have some ideas and wrote them down, but I wanted to know what other people would want to add to the Pokemon games. So I went to google and searched everywhere and all I found online was how people wanted new Pokemon or a certain Pokemons pre evolution added, really simple things, but nothing about what game elements people hate and want changed/removed or what they would add in themselves. PLEASE POST ANYTHING YOU WOULD CHANGE, REMOVE, OR ADD TO THE POKEMON GAMES, ANYTHING AT ALL.

(Pokemon games I am talking about are Pokemon Black/White and ones before it)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The only thing I'd add is trainer customization. It'd be boring to run through the main game as the same character again and again. It also adds a touch of uniqueness.

Years
    put the secret hideouts from ruby and sapphire back in, they were awesome and i dont know why they were taken out. same with the contests, the acro bike only platforms, the mach bike only slopes, and the diving underwater mechanics that were added.

and make the story more free roaming so you can go to the gyms in any order, and visit all regions.

another thing, there is a game being developed in the game development part of the forum (cant remember that name) that makes it so pokemon dont forget moves, so at any time when not in battle you can change a pokemons moveset using any moves it has previously learnt

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The biggest change I'd make is changing the battle mechanics slightly. Upon encountering a wild Pokemon, I wish you could have the option to run from battle straight away instead of just throwing out your first Pokemon. It only takes about 5 seconds, but I wish I could have that precious time back!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    ADD:
    Customization for your trainer.
    Secret Bases, R/S/E style.

CHANGE:
    Why must Victory Road always be a rocky cave? Surely the Pokemon League can come up with a more creative way to test prospective challengers' abilities.

REMOVE:
    Caves you need Flash for.
    Anything you need Defog for
    Anything you need Rock Climb for.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    The biggest change I'd make is changing the battle mechanics slightly. Upon encountering a wild Pokemon, I wish you could have the option to run from battle straight away instead of just throwing out your first Pokemon. It only takes about 5 seconds, but I wish I could have that precious time back!

I totally had this idea too, it was one of the ones I wrote down. I wanted it so that when you met a wild monster if you instantly started pressing the b button over and over it would run away automatically, but if you did this you wouldn't know what Pokemon you ran from, since it wouldn't show.

I also think they should take out HM's completely and have it where rock smash you have to have a rock Pokemon, for cut you have to have a grass Pokemon...etc, instead of having to teach the Pokemon a specific move. I also loved the mining and hideout option for pear/diamond.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Change the awful level curves in GSC and HGSS...that's really all I wanna do. :(

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    i wouls let people notice if you had a legendary or some strong pokemon rather then just abttle it and stand there like dimwits with no idea of the seriousness of what had just ahppened, especially elite four trainers and gym leaders.

iPikaChu_PGM

www.pgmwebs.webs.com
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I would change if u could have a pokemon follow you, and what the pokemon would be. I think this would change the whole entire pokemon gaming field!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    This isn't realistic at all... but if I could change anything, I would make it possible to go into the game and into the world of Pokemon :D How awesome would that be? Of course that isn't possible :x

Other than that, I can't think of anything I would really like to change.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    This isn't realistic at all... but if I could change anything, I would make it possible to go into the game and into the world of Pokemon :D How awesome would that be? Of course that isn't possible :x

Other than that, I can't think of anything I would really like to change.

Ummm.....yeah thats totally unrealistic. Be we can dream can't we?

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    ADD: Secret Bases like in Ruby and Sapphire. They were probably the only things I liked about those games :x
    CHANGE: No need for HMs except for HM Surf. You only need a Pokemon of the corresponding type, like:
    Fighting-Rock Smash
    Electric-Flash
    Grass-Cut
    Rock/Ground-Rock Climb
    Flying-Fly/Defog
    Normal-Strength

Or maybe......items instead?

REMOVE: Pokemon Contests/Musicals. Uggh, these are terrible! :x

Years
    For the most part, just add a lot of customization for the users' character/Pokémon. Here are some ideas . . .

I've always wanted to tattoo my Raichu with a streak of lightning down its cheek. It'd be awesome and you know it, don't lie. Also, if parents get mad about kids tattooing a Pokémon, it could just be considered a stamp or sticker instead. They could allow you to place them on the front of the Pokémon for the opponent to see and on the back of the Pokémon for the user to see (if they want to).

They could also allow trainers to dye the coat of their Pokémon in both a primary and secondary color. For example, a Raichu being dyed black where it's orange/brown (primary color) and grey where the light yellow color is located.

Years
    To add:
    Trainer customization
    Pokemon customization (you know, like dress-up sections of contests, except all the time, in battles etc.)
    R/S/E Secret Bases :3
    Acro and Mach bikes :D
    Contests or Pokeathlon (Or both!)
    MAKE IT SO POKEMON FOLLOW YOU AGAIN. For me, a major let down of Black and White :(
    In caves, add something like rocky patches where Pokemon can be found instead of it just being random. Same for water too, add rippling patches.
    ALL REGIONS, OMG!

Change: Victory road. It's been virtually the same in EVERY main Pokemon game. I don't know what, just change it :)

I wouldn't really remove much, except Musicals and HMs Defog and Flash.

-totodile42

Years
    I'd add trainer customization like others have said.

Also I would re-add the follow me feature as in HGSS, it's a great feature.

Back