• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If You Could Change the Anime...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What would you change about the anime and why?

If I had to be honest, I'd change the dub to make it more accurate to the original Japanese version. I realize that it's a kids anime, but other anime have done this before, so. It's always a shame an uncut dub of Pokemon has never come into existence, btw. =/ That's something I'd change if I could.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, I'd make sure that Misty doesn't leave the main cast. I'd make sure the group's actually added on rather than having characters cast aside. I'd make sure Ash actually WON a league far sooner. I'd probably also make sure that some banned episodes are included in an uncut DVD release so that at the very least those can be observed by audiences, maybe even include stuff that the dub for whatever reason cut out. Like with Dragon Ball Z.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I would like to see the Team Rocket trio less often (about a third as much as currently) but make their appearances more meaningful. Typically they appear for a few minutes for the episode and blast off immediately or the entire episode is based on an issue that they caused. I'd rather see more episodes like the latter because those are more interesting and usually the brief interference is just a waste of time :x

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    I'd have made all old characters recurring.Also occasionally i'd have shown Ash talking to his old companions in pokemon centers during some fillers.
    I'd have made Pidgeot to come back.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Ash and co would have aged in real time, becoming recurring characters/mentors to new protagonists in each region, while staying prominent.

Back