• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could make a Video game

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • You've done it! You have a whole studio behind you! You have all the funding you could ever want! No obligations to anyone to do anything! It's the situation a developer dreams of...

Now what do you do with that?

I've been playing around with my own idea for a game that I've been jotting down on a notepad (I'm at 17.25 pages :D ) and it got me thinking. What would other people want to create if they could? How would they make their games work? What kind of content would be included? Would they prefer to work with established franchises or start something new?

So now I ask these questions to you!

Some quick guidelines to keep things neat and tidy and answer what might be common questions;

- You can work with an established series/title or create your own ip

- Go into as much depth as you like, but conversely please don't reply with something like "I want to make the next Pokemon game". Think out what you want to make as a Pokemon game. Where would it be set (maybe think of some locations too!)? Would the mechanics be the same or would you change them? If you want them changed, how? Etc.

- You can of course comment on other's game ideas, but please be respectful!

- For larger posts, please make some effort to separate section or organize in some way to avoid a giant wall of text.

- Please follow any ToS. Nothing more graphic than M rated would get away with!

Use your brainstorming abilities! It's good for you! Go wild! Have fun!

Years
  • I would make the open-world Game of Thrones RPG that was criminally never made (and probably never will). Character creation, house allegiances etc would all be a part of the game's beginning, allowing for almost endless replayability, I'd also allow you to start in Essos and 'invade' Westeros as a Targaryean which would add a whole different storyline. I could probably really get detailed about this haha, but just think it would be an amazing game!

Years
  • I would make the open-world Game of Thrones RPG that was criminally never made (and probably never will). Character creation, house allegiances etc would all be a part of the game's beginning, allowing for almost endless replayability, I'd also allow you to start in Essos and 'invade' Westeros as a Targaryean which would add a whole different storyline. I could probably really get detailed about this haha, but just think it would be an amazing game!

I'm in.

For me, I'm thinking an arthouse vertical (puzzle?) platformer. The premise is simple enough, you ascend through a vertical platform map to escape a nightmarish creature behind you. Something really spooky, essentially a personification of death. Naturally as you get higher and higher, it becomes more difficult to keep ahead of the creature trying to get you. Along the way, you encounter cute little monsters in cages you can rescue, coins and a few other such achievements, but stopping to collect things/save cute little dudes naturally takes up time that narrows the gap to the death creature following you.

Now throw in a slightly random element. There's a series of potential characters you could be, but you don't get to choose. It's RNGd. It's also purely aesthetic. There's also a number of possible maps you could generate from a predetermined list. Again, you don't get to choose.

Now here's the fun part. If you reach the top, you arrive at a dead end. The death creature catches you. You die. Any time you die, you are presented with a list of the number of little guys you saved/things you collected.

Essentially the whole thing is a metaphor for life. You can't choose the circumstances you are born into and your death is inevitable, even if you delay it. There's no winning. All that matters is what you do with the time you have. That's why it gets the artsy label xD

Damn, now I kinda want to actually make this.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • An MMORPG that is better than the rest! So, all the great features from Guild Wars (imo, best skill customisation & gameplay system ever), plus amazing social features from SecondLife (community events, custom designs from anyone, live bands, crowdsourced content) etc. Also, it will have "good enough" semi-photorealistic graphics, but must be playable by computers from 10 years ago.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I have been thinking about what a game I would make for a while now. May as well give a way some as I probably will never do it anyway.

Back story: On a space colony a substance is discovered and it is found out that it is an essence able to give life. Research is done and as a result another one is synthesized that has a lot of the same trades but with unpredictable side effects. As word spreads other colonies want their own share and soon war breaks out.

Years later, a small space ship with what seems to be the only survivors of that war lands on Earth. The last bits of the essence they kept is used in order to create life on earth. Humans evolve and soon start building settlements, then small towns and big cities. Ultimately, they decide to build a tower. Those who came with the space ship don't like that idea (they're hiding high up in the air) and an attempt is made to destroy it. This causes the universe to split into two: one with the tower destroyed and one where it still stands.

The former further develops much like our own world with a lot of religious influence while the latter happened to inherit all the technology that those "aliens" brought. When humans discovered that technology their race thrives at first. Then an accident happened that made them mutate into a species that end up living a lot closer to nature while still retaining much of technological knowledge.

Years later, around what we would consider "now", the barrier between the two universes collapses and they merge back into one. The tower suddenly appears and our hero finds themselves trapped inside it. But they're not alone, as their otherworldly self also happened to get trapped inside. The two, though very different in personality, are now forced to work together to find their way out.

The gameplay: it's a 3D tower climbing, exploration driven game. The two characters have different tools and abilities they need to combine to keep on going. Meanwhile they need to be vary of their surroundings as left over science research "failures" as well as different parties of interest waging war in- and outside the place.

themes incorporated: science, science fiction, religion, philosophy, psychology, mental disorder, racism and difficulties of growing up.

User Anon 1848

A 3v3 crossover fighting game between Hunter x Hunter and Naruto, preferably developed by ArcSys so it can be similar in quality to Dragon Ball Fighterz. HxH doesn't have any games worth playing to my knowledge and Naruto is yet to have a proper 2D fighting game. It'd be interesting to see the characters interact since Naruto was heavily influenced by HxH. Not the most original idea I know since it's pretty much Marvel vs Capcom or Tekken vs Street Fighter with different IP's but it's what I'd want. I doubt either I or ArcSys could come up with a story that measures up to the best of HxH or Naruto so I'd probably just try to think of something fun that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's rare that plots in fighting games are all that good anyway.

Amyott

Banned
    Years
  • Hey there! I would make a game with marvel heroes. Also, I think I would try to build teams and to make a long term fight.

Back