• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could only have one team...

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • If you could only have one team to use in-game, IRL, and as a character in the anime/manga, what would your team be and why?

The release of Sun/Moon got me thinking about refreshing my main team. I initially wanted to include some of my favorite designs (such as the newly-revealed Alolan Sandslash) and try to show-off more of my full-odds Shinies, but at the same time I wanted to use Pokémon I could imagine myself having IRL. Sadly, since I couldn't imagine having an Alolan Sandslash IRL, I decided to drop it. After some intense thought, this is finally the team I came up with:

Dunsparce: My favorite Pokémon. Prior to this, I considered Shiny Dunsparce my mascot. However, since I've never found a full-odds Shiny one, I didn't feel like I deserved one on my team. I was going to drop it entirely from the new team, but it just didn't feel right without it. I'm really interested in fossil-collecting, so maybe this guy would help me dig some up. :)

Persian: My favorite cat Pokémon. I love cats and share my house with a bunch of them.

Shiny Flareon: One of my favorite full-odds Shinies. I usually dismiss Fire-Types for IRL teams on account of them potentially burning down my house, but since it doesn't actually have exposed flames on its body, maybe it will be able to control itself. Might save some $$$ on the heating bill in the winter, too.

Shiny Porygon2: My favorite full-odds Shiny. I'm usually playing on a digital device (be it my computer or handheld), so I feel that it's a good fit.

Mothim: I love moths! Rosy maple moths are my favorite, so I like to imagine it with pink spots instead of orange ones. Sort of a pink Butterfree-type scenario.

Skuntank: Although Skuntank isn't really one of my favorite designs, my dream pet is a skunk. If it wasn't for having so many cats, I probably would've had one already.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017

These are some of my favorite Pokemon. I love them to bits. However, this team would be a bit weak against Electric types, so I'd need to balance it out a bit, if I wanted to use it competitively.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Drapion, claydol, klefki, breloom, lanturn, chandelure.

This is the team for myself/my character in the pokemon world.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    Skarmory, Lanturn, Tyranitar, Altaria, Lilligant and Primarina.

Mostly underrated/underused and overshadowed Pokemon that I really love.

JaqoBot

Jaqo
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Starmie: Starmie is my favorite pokemon and I can't see any team of mine without starmie.
    Houndoom: I love Houndoom a lot and he even used to be my masot (before starmie) I used a Houndoom in Platinum and he was a beast.
    Espeon: I've always loved Epeons design and usage in competitive play. Also my favorite gen 2 pokemon
    Ampharos: Ampharos was my star in Heart Gold. His name was Apollo and he destroyed the elite four.
    Starly: I would love to have a starly to just sit on my shoulder and be sort of like my companion
    Oddish: oddish is kind of the same as starly. Except he would sit in my pocket or something because hes so cute. Plus he could paralyze people and put people to sleep.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Buizel - Mascot Pokemon, can't go on a journey with out it
    Infernape - Mascot Pokemon 2.0, ^
    Lycanroc-D - Fell in love with this Pokemon the second it was released and i have grown to love it even more after using it in Sun, it's my kind of Pokemon style-wise
    Greninja - My favorite Gen 6 Pokemon, I love its sleek design and I can really picture myself using this Pokemon in IRL battles
    Hitmonchan - Part of my favorite typing, this Pokemon hits hard and fairly fast. I can picture getting up early in the morning with this Pokemon for a nice jog before hitting the gym
    Swellow - Mascot Pokemon pre-Gen4, can't complete a journey without my best flying buddy

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • so hard to choose:

Flareon - will always be with me everywhere, not just favorite Pokemon, most fluffiest and super warm too
    Leafeon - another top favorite of mine, so cute and adorable
    Eevee - couldn't go without it, so adorable
    Zorua - so adorable, so cute, so much fun it would be to have around
    Fennekin - so cuteness, and would have tons of fun having little foxes too
    Alolan Ninetales - love at first sight, so I loves it so much

basically my entire choice would be foxes, really wanted to include the rest of the Vee's, Lycanroc Day, a few cats, those above would be my top 6

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
    Years
  • Oh boy, here we go.

Lucario: Lucario has been a favorite of mine ever since I saw it and it's pre-evo Riolu back in my days of playing Pearl. It appears to be so incredibly loyal as well.
    Gallade: Gallade is my husbando... <3 I don't think I could go anywhere without him...
    Gardevoir: I could trust Gardevoir to take care of me any day. I would risk my life for it just as much as it would for me.
    Mudkip: Because I leik dem Mudkipz and I always will.
    Decidueye: If Decidueye is as good a marksman as it appears to be, then I would love to have this one around so it can teach me some archery tips and tricks.
    and finally, I would have Glaceon: Glaceon has been my favorite Eeveelution, Umbreon being a very close second (though it was originally my favorite Eeveelution pre-Gen4), for the longest time. It just looks so pretty and cuddly and I wouldn't dare to leave this Pokemon in a PC as I was going on my adventure.

Back