• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could, would you?

King Eevee

Ace Eevee Breeder
Years
  • Okay, If you could bring ALL the Pokemon to life and into reality would you?

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURAL IMPACT THAT WOULD RESULT FROM INTRODUCING ALMOST 500 NEW SPECIES WITH SUPER-NATURAL POWERS AND ABILITIES INTO THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT OF EARTH'S ECOSYSTEM.

Personally, I would bring them all to life and then suggest to the government and all the major environmental protection agencies affiliated with the government that we start to breed most of earth's original creatures in captivity.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • Dude anytime anyday i would wish 2 bring pokemon 2 real life. I mean i'd be able 2 go on a pokemon journey, That's gotta kik ***! And pokemon aren't mean creatures so they wouldn't destroy the eco system or anything so yea anytime and anyday.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • It would be an interesting development, to be sure.. and I think were Pokemon to be real, the environment would be a LOT better off. Why? Well, there's Celebi; I don't even need to bother going into the reasons about that. I do believe crime would be on the rise, though; criminals seeking to take advantage of Pokemon for their own nefarious deeds, and such, but as a counter to that, there would be people owning Pokemon, and thus, if a thief tried breaking into someone's house, there'd be that house owner's Pokemon glaring at them.

As for me, I'd be one of those people who would be the stereotypical trainer; I'd take the time to travel. Broaden my horizons, without having to worry too much. Yep. I think, though Pokemon becoming real would wield a fair few problems, there would be an outweighing number of positive things towards it. My primary one would be the environment, with others, such as security, caring, and all those positive things that would generally just make the world a better place.

That and being a trainer would definitely beat school. I'd want to go back to relive my childhood. XD

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • The environment can react negatively and positively towards this change. For one, Suicune and other various water types can purify any water or liquid upon contact. Purification of dirty water is certainly going to help the environment. Xatu's future sight ability can also tell us and forewarn of the fate that is going to happen. We can be prepared for various crimes and natural disasters that are going to take place which can save many lives. Pokemon that can learn Rain Dance / Sunny Day can provide good weather where it is needed. Though a problem we may face is even more pollution. Though global warming will be no problem thanks to Pokemon like Abomasnow, pollution of the air around us will be. Poison and Fire type Pokemon can produce various chemicals and smokes that may be harmful to the environment around us. I don't believe a Pokemon has the ability to purify the air around us, if I'm not mistaken. Celebi will make a fine addition to the world though. Humans are noted for the excess killing of trees and forests in massive numbers. Celebi can fix that since it does have the ability to create new life wherever it feels right. There would be a few negative effects, but there certainly would be far more positive sides to such a change. If I had the chance, I definitely would bring Pokemon to the real world. Not only will humans have more fun and learn the lesson of love, but the environment would turn towards a better direction too.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Would'nt it be just great to have global threats like Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Tyranitar and Dakrai just destroying all the nations of the world? We sure need that!

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Would'nt it be just great to have global threats like Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Tyranitar and Dakrai just destroying all the nations of the world? We sure need that!

I'm pretty sure Rayquaza, Giratina, Palkia and Dialga wouldn't bother going out of their places just to destroy some puny humans.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I'm pretty sure Rayquaza, Giratina, Palkia and Dialga wouldn't bother going out of their places just to destroy some puny humans.

Oh really? Gee, because when Rayquaza wanted something done, he sure didn't give two thoughts about invading a city and destroying anything in his way. Palkia and Dialga were on the brink of destroying everything in their battle and Giratina is fighting Dialga in the 11th movie and don't tell me he's gonna watch out for humans.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Oh really? Gee, because when Rayquaza wanted something done, he sure didn't give two thoughts about invading a city and destroying anything in his way.

He was fighting Deoxys.

Palkia and Dialga were on the brink of destroying everything in their battle

They were in a battle.

and Giratina is fighting Dialga in the 11th movie and don't tell me he's gonna watch out for humans.

It's in another dimention anyway. Also, they were fighting.

First, as you can see, fights between legendaries aren't really frequent.
    And second, don't take the anime as canon. The creator of Pokémon, Satoshi Tajiri, said the Pokémon Special mangá is the closest representantion to the world he imagined. And there, legendaries don't run around killing stuff.

Now Tyranitars and Gyarados, that's another story.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    He was fighting Deoxys.

They were in a battle.

It's in another dimention anyway. Also, they were fighting.

First, as you can see, fights between legendaries aren't really frequent.
    And second, don't take the anime as canon. The creator of Pokémon, Satoshi Tajiri, said the Pokémon Special mangá is the closest representantion to the world he imagined. And there, legendaries don't run around killing stuff.

Now Tyranitars and Gyarados, that's another story.

@Bold

So when a battle happens between them (the movies had quite a few :3) there will be mass destruction that will cause military action.

I don't read the manga, so you do have a point, but, based off what I watch, I can infer legendaries have little care for others when in battle (excluding the cheerful ones like Mew)

Gyarados and Tyranitar will destroy both land and sea dwellwers D:

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • @Bold

So when a battle happens between them (the movies had quite a few :3) there will be mass destruction that will cause military action.

I don't read the manga, so you do have a point, but, based off what I watch, I can infer legendaries have little care for others when in battle (excluding the cheerful ones like Mew)

Gyarados and Tyranitar will destroy both land and sea dwellwers D:

Yeah, if they ever decide to battle, it's our doom.
    Unless someone Ash-like comes to stop them with his PLOT ARMOR. :B

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Yeah, if they ever decide to battle, it's our doom.
    Unless someone Ash-like comes to stop them with his PLOT ARMOR. :B

xD That's one situation I hope Pikachu is god-like.

cooltrainer_aj17

アジアレーサー | Pinoy Ako! XD
    Years
  • it would be an interesting experience, all we really need is to gain their trust and we can be fast friends with them. It would help too in daily life, if pokemon were real, there also isn't really much to worry about too about the environment, just make sures the legends are happy XD

Reniko_Seika

He who plays the hacks
    Years
  • Just like there are positives and negatives in this world, adding Pokemon to the mix would have its ups and downs.
    Sure, for many it would seem a dream-come-true, but i think they would have a major impact on the ecosystem for the next thousand years, having to wait until the planet adjusts to their presense.
    The up side could be the Legendary Pokemon, like Suicune purifing water, or Meganium being the local plant-healer, or Shaymin turning deserts into forests, but that last one would be bad.
    To be any use, Animals would have to evolve into Pokemon to avoid heavy damage to the planet.
    But regardless, it would be awesome if that happened

tkay1493

Water pokemon Trainer!
    Years
  • Like said before there are the up and downs.
    But there will be more up i think.
    Groudon would create more alnd and Kyorge would create more sea.
    ANd yes the poison pokemon will emit more toxic fumes into the o-zone layer but then again other poison pokemon could absorb the toxic fumes.
    and pokemon that could learn sunny day would make it summer year round.
    and rain dance pokemon could make it rain.
    same thing wiht pokemon that could learn hail.
    but if pokemon were to be brought into the real world, so would pokeballas and potions.
    we cant have pokemon running free and not be able to capture them...
    but on the down-side, how would pokemon react to bullet shot? or nuclear weapons...
    and the military would plan to use pokemon for there own needs.
    and yet there will the pokemon trainers.
    Like me! who go around and capture, train, evolve and breed pokemon.
    Gyms would also ahve to be established and a ELITE four must be made as well.
    but the thought stays with me. If pokemon where to come to life it would be amazing. more good then bad. More legends and tales then horror.
    War would be over and battles would be fought.
    Rivals made and friends gained...
    I want this to one day be a reality...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Sure, some of the legendaries would cause some problems, but mass destruction is nothing new...we kill ourselves regardless of pokemon. I would personally love having pokemon in our world, because having semi-intelligent companions who could perform a variety of tasks such as fly around and swim up waterfalls would make the world a much more enjoyable place to explore.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, If you could bring ALL the Pokemon to life and into reality would you?

PLEASE CONSIDER THE ENVIRONMENTAL AND NATURAL IMPACT THAT WOULD RESULT FROM INTRODUCING ALMOST 500 NEW SPECIES WITH SUPER-NATURAL POWERS AND ABILITIES INTO THE NATURAL ENVIRONMENT OF EARTH'S ECOSYSTEM.

Personally, I would bring them all to life and then suggest to the government and all the major environmental protection agencies affiliated with the government that we start to breed most of earth's original creatures in captivity.

I would select a group of Pokemon, and they will be the Pokemon I would bring back to life.
    And, legandarys are out of the question.

Nicku

//[N]ICKU::
    Years
  • In this world? No. I like Pokemon, a lot, but not enough to bring them into our world.
    But if I could create another world with them; yes.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Yes, I would, simply to watch as the present order of reality and life on Earth diverted into a totally new one. I probably wouldn't see anything as entertaining in my lifetime.

bruom

Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!
    Years
  • everyone is so "ahh, there would be good and bad things, but more good" dont think so...

just imagine: 30 crazy tauros running and creating havoc all over. trainers battling using earthquake. criminals using pokes like tyranitar and rhyperior to help them

now, another point: pokemon dont kill nor die (well, not commonly). if you receive a thunderbolt you wont just get burned like Ash, you would be lucky to get to the hospital.

dont think that i think pokemon would be a tragedy, i know there are many good things to, but i just wont repeat them, others already said.

you must see for yourself. theres nothing perfect. all good things have a downside. if the good thing is worth the bad things that happen, is up to you to decide

of course, it would be totally cool to have pokemon on this world, and many good things would happen too

NOTE: see? while i was writing it i changed my opinion. i started being against, now i think its good. everyone changes opinion. today its a great idea, tomorrow its a nightmare, and vice-versa

Anty

Just thought of going French..
    Years
  • Lol, I would imagine having a global threats to Rayquaza or Deoxys. It would be bad to nature if a fire type, Pokemon, like uh, I don't know, a Blaziken putting fire to trees. Wow.
    So my answer is, uh, yes?

Back