• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you was a game creator, what game will you make?

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
  • It's simple... just answer the question posted on the thread title...

To answer my own question... If I was a game creator, I would like to make a Pokemon Beat 'em up (Side scrolling fighting game) because there Pokemon franchise have villains that were evil, such as Team Rocket. and there are Pokemon who are capable of using Fighting type moves, being a Fighting type themselves, or just have melee combat skills. If I was to do that, I would make that game based on Final Fight... I would like to know about what games would you come up with

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I've been working on an RPG that's seen very many revisions since 2006; currently working on getting the story and database just right.

But if I could make any game, it'd probably be an anime-inspired MMOFPS with RPG elements. Stats are relative to your equipment; wearing armour increases Defense, but lowers Agility. You can wear accessories to increase stats such as Strength, Defense, Agility, and Hearing. Stuff like that.

ZeganZoma

The one that went insane
    Years
  • Hmmm... If I was a game creator, I would make an RPG type game, and do what Final Fantasy VI did and make it so you see who the main villain was, but trick you too believe someone else with more power was, and later kill him/her off and give the main villain ultimate power and destoy/nuke the world.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I would so make(if I was able to) a Square Enix game with the Dynasty Warriors 5 type game play and also implement the Dynasty Warriors 4 duel mode. The game would have characters from the different Square Enix games like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Drakengard, The Bouncer, Valkyrie Profile etc..

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I used to have The Bouncer but it belonged to my godbrother, who lives in Australia now. I loved that game and I didn't care who I played as in Vs. mode.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I am a Game Developer, but I make Simple games. Whatever I think would be fun, I dont try to reach too far with an RPG but i do plan to make an adventure.. But i'm curious Why does everyone wish to create the next great RPG its not as easy as you'd think and it takes years of programming/modeling/Bug Fixing etc.... Why doesn't anyone wanna create a game that is more realistic

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • It has always been a dream of mine to make a good survival horror game reminicent of the PSX days of silent hill and RE. More emphasis on story and puzzle solving rather than shooting. Throw some psychological thriller elements in there and you got a winner.

Idealy, I would want to work in the PSN/XBLA space. It would allow me to experiment and take risks with smaller games.

BTW; if you have an android/iphone try out Game Dev Stories. Sorta like a game development simulator. you hire people, try make games, get reviews and whatnot. you start from the PC and NES and work your way through the consoles. I've made it to PS2.

lacella

monsters & macarons.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    i would totally create a 3D pokemon mmorpg. think world of warcraft/guild wars... but pokemon! you'd be able to play many different roles - breeder, nurse, gym leader, team rocket, etc.

or a silly girly DS game like princess debut.

KingCharizard

Years
  • @Dark Doom I actually like the idea of a old style Survival Horror game like RE3 That game scared the crap outta me at some points especially late at night.. haha I actually have an idea for a platformer...

hmm yupp I change my answer I wanna make platformers...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I am a Game Developer, but I make Simple games. Whatever I think would be fun, I dont try to reach too far with an RPG but i do plan to make an adventure.. But i'm curious Why does everyone wish to create the next great RPG its not as easy as you'd think and it takes years of programming/modeling/Bug Fixing etc.... Why doesn't anyone wanna create a game that is more realistic

Because these people aren't game developers, so since they're not making the game anyway, why confine yourself to realism?

If I could make any game I want it would probably be something Skyrim-esque, as in open world kind of thing, but obviously not set in the same world. I think I'd like a more sci-fi world, maybe start as an alien on a certain planet and then later have the ability to travel to other planets, with the main quest a search for your home planet (and then later after the plot twist where you discover it's destroyed, the person who destroyed it). The most fun part would probably be making a charred Earth from nuclear wars.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I have always wished that Game freak would make a role reversal Pokémon game, where you play as Giovanni or Cyrus' prodigy and rise through the ranks of team Rocket, Galactic, Magma or Aqua for example. I think doing it from a "Evil" or alternative point of view would give it a whole other dimension. They could call them something cool like "Pokemon Crimson" or "Pokemon Cobalt". It would be a nice change of pace from the usual good kid filling the pokedex and doing good deeds. Not that I don't love the current titles the way they are of course.

Zeus

Last edited:

KingCharizard

Years
  • I have always wished that Game freak would make a role reversal Pokémon game, where you play as Giovanni or Cyrus' prodigy and rise through the ranks of team Rocket, Galactic, Magma or Aqua for example. I think doing it from a "Evil" or alternative point of view would give it a whole other dimension. They could call them something cool like "Pokemon Crimson" or "Pokemon Cobalt". It would be a nice change of pace from the usual good kid filling the pokedex and doing good deeds. Not that I don't love the current titles the way they are of course.

Zeus

yeah I wanted that too, I'm not too sure why they never made a spin off... Oh and your font is white and on the default skin i couldnt read it until i highlighted it

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • yeah I wanted that too, I'm not too sure why they never made a spin off... Oh and your font is white and on the default skin i couldnt read it until i highlighted it

I have the Dialga vs Plakia theme so black is no good for me, is there a default font colour?

Zeus

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2013
    If I was a game creator, I'd make an MMORPG of Mass Effect! Seriously how epic would that be?! So many races, turians, krogans, humans, etc. So many ways to do combat. You've got biotics, soldiers, and what not. It's going to be legendary! A game played for ages!

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • If I was a game creator...

I'd mix Valkyria Chronicles with more of the life simulation aspect. I've always wanted a game where you could have a nice balance of action and school life, and every game so far has always focused only on one or the other.

Years
  • Title said:
    If you was a game creator, what game will you make?
    Ah! It burns! Stick to the same tense (with the right conjugations, lol) [/nazi]

I'd probably make something akin to the Zelda games. You can actually be absorbed into the world and can explore so many different dungeons/environments, etc (vicariously, of course).

RPGs are tempted due to the numerically mechanical nature of them. I'm sure someone can relate to that.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I would definitly make an RPG, with a mix of fantasy elements like magic and elves and stuff along with some other sci-fi elements with lazer and teleports and shiz, so that way the two sides are clashing and battling to find the stronger of the two. I think it'd be cool :D

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • If I was a game creator, then I'd probably try to find a job making games since I was obviously just fired/let go from my last one.

Anyway, not really sure. I'd probably make a sci-fi FPS/Space Sim hybrid game.

I've been working on and off on a book and I would base it on that. Would be a confusing game though. First level, your controlling a fleet and have to destroy another fleet. Next level would have you as a pilot in a star fighter, next level a pilot for a space frame, next level would be pure FPS with you blowing your way through a base worth of enemies to destroy a super long range laser that is about ready to black whack-a-mole with your fleet.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'd like to make an open world/RPG on the scale of Grand Theft Auto but about animal transformation. The main character would be a human but, over the course of the game, would get the ability to transform into a different animal to help go through different places and complete objectives and such. A bird to explore the skies, a fish to do the same to the sea, even something like a mouse to explore the underground of the cities and such. I haven't thought much beyond that, but that's the initial idea.

Back