• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If your school had uniforms...

Professor JIN

Pokémon Professor//Graphics
    Years
    What do you mean *if* my school had uniforms.

In England, every school (ages 5-16) has a compulsory uniform that has to be worn. There are sanctions for not wearing it correctly such as exclusion/suspension.

I go to a boarding school and the school day finishes at 3:30pm so it's not too bad.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I never saw why people even need to think about that... I suppose each to their own, but aren't people that take time going to be getting out of bed earlier anyway?
    I suppose, but I like sleeping in as late as possible. :( In order to do that, I have to set my clothes out ahead of time to make sure I'm not accidentally wearing something that totally clashes though I bet I do anyway, or is stained, etc. It seems like a stupid reason but when you stop and think about the thought that goes into choosing your clothes, whether you care a lot about them or not, it is a significant time thing. Well, to me anyway.
    Individuality? It's just much nicer to wear boots, jeans and a shirt than it is to wear leather shoes, teflon trousers, a shirt that has to have the top button up on, a necktie and blazer.
    Well, a lot of people are bringing up individuality as one of their main reasons for disliking uniforms. :| When everyone seems to be wearing the same thing anyway, I find it ridiculous. Maybe instead of petitioning to get rid of uniforms altogether, petition for a dress code instead, or see if it'd be plausible to add more items to the uniform, or change the uniform to be more stylish or something.

Each school is different. :( My uniform was just a white, branded polo shirt and black pants. Optionally, you could wear a pullover sweater, long shirt, vest, etc. but they weren't required. The uniform was actually really comfy but I can see how anything more would be really annoying.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I think uniforms in general are cool.

I like it when I see people dressing "NICELY" for things, instead of going with whatever they want, it looks bad to me :(

~Mooshykris

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    I suppose, but I like sleeping in as late as possible. :( In order to do that, I have to set my clothes out ahead of time to make sure I'm not accidentally wearing something that totally clashes though I bet I do anyway, or is stained, etc. It seems like a stupid reason but when you stop and think about the thought that goes into choosing your clothes, whether you care a lot about them or not, it is a significant time thing. Well, to me anyway.

I also like to sleep late and not think about what I put on when I actually do get up. Thus, I'm usually late from school, because we don't have any kind of uniforms. Actually, our school is the opposite. It would be the uteer nightmare of some English or Japanese principal. Our students wear super-short mini skirts, very revealing shirts, ripped pants, all colours of the rainbow at once, clothes gotten from a trash can, frills, ruffles, laces, and bowties, sometimes even all that at once. Then there are normal-ish people who dress in jeans and some casual top, and then we have ultra-trendy upper class people. Of course, everyone judges everyone based on their clothes. Another reason to wish for an uniform... I'm tired of seeing my friends glare at people just because they dress in showy clothes.

But the main reason I've always wanted a school uniform in my school is that my family is fairly poor. I don't have the money to buy all sorts of nice and expensive clothes like some of my friends do. I don't have the money to buy two skirts instead of one just because the other one would go so well with that one shirt. Thus, my clothes have always looked a bit funny, so to say, and I've been embarassed because of them for many, many times. All that could have been avoided if I could have just put on my uniform and gone to school looking like everyone else...

I've never tried, though, so I might have a completely wrong idea of what it is to wear a school uniform to school every day. There are no schools with uniforms here. I kind of wonder why that is..?

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I have uniform. It's good in the way that it makes everybody equal. Nobody looks different particuarly.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Uniforms are okay, it makes everyone the same though... It does stop from people wearing weird stuff though!

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    Uniforms are good, it's the best thing to prevent things like a social heirachy.

Back