• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If zombie apocalypse would happen...

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    How do you get turned into a zombie by dieing or getting bite ?

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I would not fight with the zombies if I would turn into one.

Even if I'm a zombie, I hoped to remember that I was once human and what I'm about to do is of great inhumanity.
    If people remember there human selfs then why do they have to fight?
    How do you get turned into a zombie by dieing or getting bite ?
    Since I seam to be leading this conversation I say, you get turned into a zombie when you die.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    And for anyone with a logical mind, the only way to kill a zombie is to shoot 'em in the head!
    Anyone with a logical mind would know that headshots are unnecessary when dealing with what essentially amounts to a limping, mindless sack of flesh. Congratulations, you've just exposed yourself as being woefully ignorant of basic human physiology and basic ballistics.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    If people remember there human selfs then why do they have to fight?
    Well, if people do remember their human selfs then wouldn't it be fun to beat each other without feeling the pain. Besides, we're dead anyways.

I know. This isn't going anyway, in my opinion. :3

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Well, if people do remember their human selfs then wouldn't it be fun to beat each other without feeling the pain. Besides, we're dead anyways.

I know. This isn't going anyway, in my opinion. :3
    Well let's say some zombies wanna become overlords so they build a device of mass destruction, go!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Zombies can't become overlords if they don't have social structure -_-

I think the only way to exterminate a zombie is by dismembering it until it no longer has form. If it can regenerate, then technically, it's not dead, and therefore isn't a zombie, but instead is an immortal, shambling wretch.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Anyone with a logical mind would know that headshots are unnecessary when dealing with what essentially amounts to a limping, mindless sack of flesh. Congratulations, you've just exposed yourself as being woefully ignorant of basic human physiology and basic ballistics.

ZOMG, because we all know that zombiez r real, & we all studied t3h human bodiez!!!1!11

You speak as if they are real. They are the LIVING DEAD. Basic knowledge of the human body won't do it. What if they are able to continue moving whist having a damaged body? What if it can regenerate?

Now according to the most comprehensive collection of zombies--Resident Evil--body shots may do it, but it takes more shots. Headshots finishes them off easily. Shaun of the Dead seems to agree with this.

As for what I would do? Why, go Rambo, of course. If I go down, I'm taking a few dozen zombies & a few survivors with me.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    ZOMG, because we all know that zombiez r real, & we all studied t3h human bodiez!!!1!11

You speak as if they are real. They are the LIVING DEAD. Basic knowledge of the human body won't do it. What if they are able to continue moving whist having a damaged body? What if it can regenerate?

Now according to the most comprehensive collection of zombies--Resident Evil--body shots may do it, but it takes more shots. Headshots finishes them off easily. Shaun of the Dead seems to agree with this.

As for what I would do? Why, go Rambo, of course. If I go down, I'm taking a few dozen zombies & a few survivors with me.

Dead tissue cannot regenerate because it cannot go through any of the living cells' functions, including mitosis. Best a zombie can do it plop on some cells from another body... But even so, it can't join them to its own because it can't create the tissue to do so.

Also, having a little hole in their body isn't going to stop a zombie from prying open your skull and eating your brain.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    The whole "zombies can't be put down by massive bodily trauma and can only be neutralized by headshots" trope just goes to show that zombie fans have no conception of either basic human physiology or basic ballistics. Once you move up to full-sized rifle cartridges like 7.62x51mm NATO, .30-06 Springfield, or 8x57mm IS, you don't need headshots; they do enough damage to the body on their own to render a zombie incapable of combat. A 12-gauge shotgun loaded with slugs or 00 buckshot discharged at the chest or abdomen will accomplish the same effect at close range. Either way, you get a dead zombie with no need to actually aim for the head.
    ....You're thinking way too hard about this, bro.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Also, having a little hole in their body isn't going to stop a zombie from prying open your skull and eating your brain.
    Most likely, it'll piss the zombie off more if there is one that was made by an attacker.

Since they can't really regenerate in anyway, as stated many times, all one has to do is just take out the body parts that would most likely be used to kill, like the arms and legs.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015

You call me out on using actual science and basic common sense in my analysis, then go ahead and base your own assumptions on a video game series known for using gameplay mechanics and plot contrivances to stack the odds in favor of the zombies. Quite the double standard you have going there.

You want damaged bodies? Why go for headshots when destruction of the torso or limbs or any trauma sufficient enough to snap or completely sever the spine will suffice? Most handguns won't do the job with a reasonable amount of ammunition unless you're a very good shot (in regards to limb or spine damage), but most shotguns or rifles would with just one or two shots. Also, regeneration? All the dead can do is simply rot. Barring magic, there is simply no way a zombie can heal damage to itself; it'll just keep going until its body falls apart to decay and sheer trauma.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I use video game logic because it is a fictional topic. Using real-life physics to bash others who takes the topic lightly doesn't make ya look good. Zombies aren't real. As such, this whole "zombies cannot regenerate" is moot. Second, based on the fiction, zombies can ofen continue their assault, even after they are split in half, or limbless. We do not know what keeps them 'alive', but according to t3h fikshun, headshots are most effective.

Dead bodies cannot move, let alone eat. So why are they attacking? Clearly, flew out the window the second those corpses ate the neborhood kid. who knows? Just because they are dead, doesn't mean they cannot regenerate.

If you want to use science to make sense of a fictional topic, fine, but don't bash others for not doing the same.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Simple. I'd carry enough ammo and weapons to blast the hell out of ANY zombie that came within range. And I'd probably loot to my heart's content, maybe even set up camp in stores where there's plenty of food. A wal-mart or any store which houses guns, ammo, food, water and other necessities all under one roof would be a great place to camp out with fellow survivors, and would make a good place to defend. I'm thinking up to 200-400 people could subsist off the store for a few months at least while slaying zombies in the surrounding neighborhood so each could find a better place to stay or whatever they planned to do. It'd be kinda like an army, retaking the city from the zombies and reclaiming resources so we could stay alive and sane, while saving all who hasnt been zombified.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I would probably just sit and watch and drink some Frappuchino as you all try to fight them off in vain.

If you all fail, I'll offer them some Mocha Frappuchino. Because Zombies love Mocha Frappuchino. Just TRY to disprove me :D.

Cobja619

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I would probably just sit and watch and drink some Frappuchino as you all try to fight them off in vain.

If you all fail, I'll offer them some Mocha Frappuchino. Because Zombies love Mocha Frappuchino. Just TRY to disprove me :D.

While you sit and watch, I would blow your head off. I think a problem in everyones argument if because any zombie movie/game has a different look on them. In Resident Evil you have to kill their decaying rotten brains. Body shots will down them but they will further mutate!

Last edited:
    Back