• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If zombie apocalypse would happen...

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    I never understood why zombies would be such a threat. They couldn't really walk very fast, and is it really THAT hard to fight off a dead body? I mean, you could just like- push them over, then run off. That is, if they can even manage to walk far enough. Anyone seen that episode of Invader Zim where he's trapped in the mall? I'd picture it going something like that. :\

Really, you'd just have to hide out for a little while, the sun would make them rot away before too long.

Anywhoo, I'd try to get on a boat. I don't think zombies can swim. XD

Well i suppose they can't, but if it was a 'DEAD SET' scenario, then they'd be running after us like crazy. in 'DEAD SET' they were really fast, because they could run

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    I've changed my mind

i'll get all Leon .S. Kennedy on theier Zombie butt's

Uber PWNAGE will ensue

If you want protection come to my place (uit teh apocalypse you all must be able to find a plane somewhere

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    A situation like this brings movies like 28 Days Later to mind... Even though the infected in that movie weren't technically "zombies" the genre is considered to be zombie-horror. Therefore, there isn't much of an idea as to what you could consider a zombie other than what we've made up. If anything like a zombie were to exist, I'd think it would be something like the infected from 28 Days Later.

If a zombie apocalypse were to happen though? I would stay home where I know I have food, clean water, and a sufficient amount of protection. Take a walk into my garage and you'll find a year's worth of frozen deer meat, an enormous pack of bottled water, fresh vegetables, and ice cream. :) You'd also find the two 20-Gauge shotguns, two 12-Gauge shotguns, 9mm Ruger classic series pistol, black powder muzzleloader, and enough ammo to keep you armed and loaded for about one to two months, not to mention the chainsaw, sledgehammer, spade, and other potentially useful gardening tools. I have the ability to handle most any firearm well enough to hit a target and I can still MacGyver quite a few things to use in a practical situation, not to mention that if I needed food or water, I could simply walk down to the Wal-Mart about a mile away and bring it back. If I run out of ammo, I can still go back to the same Wal-Mart and take a bow with all the arrows and arrowheads I'll ever need. I think I'm set.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    My weapon of choice would definitely be the shotgun. Its spread makes headshots easier, and it's the weapon that I have the most experience with. I don't have a gun at home, but my grandpa has a whole safe full of them that I could possibly get at. The funny thing is that I have the combination for the safe, but not the key for the room it's in. *headdesk.*

If getting a shotgun were to prove impossible, I'd have to go with a chainsaw. Another thing that I'll definitely have on hand is a full set of body armor, preferably thick enough that they can't bite me.

Jack O'Neill said:
    Headshots really aren't necessary when dealing with zombies. Deal enough damage to their bodies, and they'll cease to be a threat. Most of you severely underestimate the sheer efficacy of modern firearms against unarmored targets.
    Some experts on the subject that I've consulted claim that the only way to truly get rid of a zombie is to destroy the brain, but I might be mistaken.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Some experts on the subject that I've consulted claim that the only way to truly get rid of a zombie is to destroy the brain, but I might be mistaken.
    It depends on the type of zombie; the original kind (risen by and controlled by some description of sorcerer) probably need complete butchering as their master acts as their brain, whereas these modern infectee zombies most people think of probably do only need to be decapitated since they act on their own primal instinct.

Well, what if the brain rotted away or isn't there anymore?
    Original/traditional sort: They eventually become walking skeletons that will still insist on attacking you.
    Modern sort: The only logical conclusion is that they die.

Last edited:

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Headshots really aren't necessary when dealing with zombies. Deal enough damage to their bodies, and they'll cease to be a threat. Most of you severely underestimate the sheer efficacy of modern firearms against unarmored targets.

Tch. The only way you can truly "kill" a zombie is to either remove the head from the body, or destroy the brain. Everyone knows that >_>"

Anyways, I played all the Resident Evil games, so...I should be fine.

Years
    Best bet, "realistically":

Move in the middle of Alaska (And get ready for a life of subsistence living) or get the money to stay in a souped up Antarctic Research Center. >.>

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The whole "zombies can't be put down by massive bodily trauma and can only be neutralized by headshots" trope just goes to show that zombie fans have no conception of either basic human physiology or basic ballistics. Once you move up to full-sized rifle cartridges like 7.62x51mm NATO, .30-06 Springfield, or 8x57mm IS, you don't need headshots; they do enough damage to the body on their own to render a zombie incapable of combat. A 12-gauge shotgun loaded with slugs or 00 buckshot discharged at the chest or abdomen will accomplish the same effect at close range. Either way, you get a dead zombie with no need to actually aim for the head.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    I would drive Big5,get any weapons I could find, and start kicking some butt. Then I would throw my friend into the zombi mashpit (my friend is an idiot)

Cobja619

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I would kick some butt Resident Evil style!!!

And for anyone with a logical mind, the only way to kill a zombie is to shoot 'em in the head! If you don't they turn into slashing speedy Crimson Heads!!! (I'm obsessed...) Then get the government to bomb the afected areas. Then if that doesn't work, FIGHT TILL YA DROP!!!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Original/traditional sort: They eventually become walking skeletons that will still insist on attacking you.
    Modern sort: The only logical conclusion is that they die.
    No.

What I meant was that what if when a deceased body becomes a zombie, then what if the brain has already rotted away or decayed already. Is there still a way to kill them now?

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    In order.

• Get mah famz
    • Head to the nearest gun store
    • Then we'll lock ourselves in Walmart or Target, since they have everything we need.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    If it would happen, I would fight with the humans until I would get killed or die, then fight with the zombie's after I die:)!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    If it would happen, I would fight with the humans until I would get killed or die, then fight with the zombie's after I die:)!
    Are you saying that when you die, they will turn you into a zombie and you'll fight your own kind?

That's pretty cool of you. :)

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Are you saying that when you die, they will turn you into a zombie and you'll fight your own kind?

That's pretty cool of you. :)
    I know, I would come back as a zombie:)!, but the living people wouldn't be my kind any more, the zombies would be:)!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I know, I would come back as a zombie:)!, but the living people wouldn't be my kind any more, the zombies would be:)!
    Which is why it'll be really cool for you to fight your own kind.

I would totally video and youtube that if it did happen.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Your confusing me, would you not fight with the zombies if you were turned into one?
    I would not fight with the zombies if I would turn into one.

Even if I'm a zombie, I hoped to remember that I was once human and what I'm about to do is of great inhumanity.

Back