• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IGN 7.8/10 - Too much water

Thomas the Shinyhunter

There are no game overs. Only continues.
Years
6ea.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I hated that review so much lol.

Same! It was the most irritating I've read in years, seriously. He's not a bad writer; he usually has good viewpoints and articles; he's the reason I've started the Trails series. And then he goes and just... ugh. Why on earth would you review a game you're pre-destined to dislike? That's not the point of gaming - that's not the point of reviews!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Considering the fact that IGN once rated PMD2 a 4.8/10, I'd say reviews are pretty much nothing to me.

I'd rather consult a person who actually had experience with the game without being overly technical.

blue

gucci
Years
Reviews rarely, if ever, influence my decision to buy games but I do like to read up on them prior to the release of certain games. IGN are ridiculously biased, though.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You remember those old demo disks? I used to get those with magazines for PS1, and most of the games I went on to buy started there. It's where I found Jade Cocoon, which is in my top 3 for PS1 games for sureeee.

These days, whilst I don't read reviews often I do watch footage and read up on the information a bit. If a game has a larger following and lots of media I'm more likely to look it up (and subsequenty buy it).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I much rather listen about games from friends who have played the game and hold similar interests to me than stranger's reviews. Though in the end it's my decision and mine alone that makes me decide whether or not to pick up and try out a game. I'm sure some of my favorite games don't have good reviews and that's perfectly fine with me.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
While I would check the reviews from the gaming critics because I trusted some of them, I would also survey the game that I'm interested at by watching some playthrough videos on the internet so that I can be sure if I would like it or not. By seeing the games with my own eyes, sometimes I can feel that some games are underrated by some, and on occasion they can be better than what I expected it to be,

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Honestly there are so many paid reviews that I now only trust my friends, certain communities and certain youtubers for reviews.

Back