• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'll crush your soul (OU RMT)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    At a glance:

Introduction:
    Hey, everyone. This is the first RMT on this site, but it's the 8th OU team i make, and by far the most succesfull. 117 Games, 102 Wins, no joke. As you can see it uses many of the most used OU pokemons in the current metagame. IDK why i called it "I'll crush your soul" it just sounded....so.... Yu-Gi-Oh lol. Enough talking done lets get to the team.

.: Ups with the team :.
    - Can easy set up SR.
    - Can easy set up Spikes.
    - I have good coverage against everyong except for one guy.

.: Downs with the team :.
    - Swampert kills this whole team alive!
    - Pretty weak to Toxic stall
    - Cresselia walls this whole team

In depth
    @ Focus sash
    Smeargle
    Jolly nature
    EV: 252 Def 252 Spe

- Stealth rock
    - Spikes
    - Spore
    - Taunt

Whenever i make a new team i prior this over Azelf. I am not really sure why, this just seems so fun. Starting up with Spore often followed by a SR. After the first Spore people usually switches out and gives me free SR. I usually get up 3 layers of Spikes before they wake up, hit me down to Focus sash, and then finish me off. The EVs are ofc full Spe, however then i wasn't very sure about the last. Taunt are problamy my least used move on this but still it's great to have on things like Swampert and Hippowdon. The only really annoying thing is when Azelf tricks me a Choie scarf, that just makes me go crazy lol. I wont do a "Smeargle vs common leads" list cuz i am too lazy atm. This was one of the three pokemons from the orginally team.

@ Life orb
    Gyarados
    Adamant nature
    EV: 252 Atk 252 Spe

- Waterfall
    - Stone edge
    - Ice fang
    - Dragon dance

Just a plain physical sweeper- Gyara. Nope no EV investment in HP and no Leftovers on this. Why? Well i wanted it full- out attack without any waste in HP. Ice fang is for Flygons, Gliscors, and Latias. He gets STAB on Waterfall which is great and it enables him to K0 many threats after DD or even without it. Stone edge gives better coverage against other Gyaras which i usually outspeeds, Zapdos and Salamence. The Adamant nature was obvious. The only bad thing about this guy is 4x to electric. Otherwise Flying and Water makes a good couple neutralising Grass and completely resist Ground. Overall this is a pretty Standard Gyara not looking on the EVs.

@ Life orb
    Latias
    Timid nature
    EV: 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe

- Calm mind
    - Surf
    - Dragon pulse
    - Thunderbolt

This is dipshit! Several times (problamy over 10) this have gave me wins like 5-0 or even 6-0. How? Well usually they come on leadape. I let Smeargle die and then switch in to this, forcing them to do a switch. Now i can easy set up 1 or 2 CM and after that, BOOM! The three different attack-types on this makes him able to hit almost every pokemon in OU. The Timid nature is to outrun Modest nature latias and OHKO with Dragon pulse. The EVs are the standard for a Special sweeper. Without i wouldn't be able to come far at all with this team. Looking at the Shoddy list for October 2009 Latias has gone up in use to the most used Special-abuser in the whole OU-tier.

@ Babiri berry
    Tyranitar
    Adamant nature

- Dragon dance
    - Stone edge
    - Crunch
    - Fire punch

DDtar. This is pretty much the same thing as Gyarados except for that they have different types. Whenever i predict the switch i DD. Yet again Stone edge gives coverage against Zapdoses and other flying threats like Salamence. Yeah i have tested both Scizor and Salamence in this spot but Tyranitar seems to work the best. The only thing i hate about this is that Scizors BP is super AND Gyaras Waterfall is super to. The Jolly nature is to outrun....just something. Fire punch to get rid of Scizor. Babiri berry to lute Scizors and then Fire punch.

@ Choice scarf
    Jirachi
    Adamant nature

- Iron head
    - Body slam
    - Fire punch
    - Thunder punch

Aah ScarfRachi. This is a bit of a Revenge killer however it's role in this team is to spread Special conditions and Fliches. With for different move-types, it can take down 90% of the OU-tier. Iorn head is for STAB and Flinch hax. Aww man i can't come up with anything to write here. Everything seems so obsvious. The Nature and EV spreads...... just everything is obvious!

@ Choice scarf
    Rotom-H
    Modest nature
    EV: 252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe

- Thunderbolt
    - Shadow ball
    - Overheat
    - Trick

Rotom-H the ultimate Revenge-killer! This **** is so much better than other Rev-killers like P-Z, Herracross, Scizor. T-Bolt and Shadow ball gives great coverage only them and with backup from Overheat this Revenge kills everything!( almost ) I love seeing ppls face when they send out Gengar against this. ( well i cant see my opponents face but you get it ) They think they are faster and can just Shadow ball, but they are so wrong. This is also the ultimate counter to other Rotom-H. The only annoying thing is Scizor and T-Tars with Pursuit! I can't flee and my opponent knows that. Modest nature because i dont need more Speed after Choice scarf. Trick is usefull on walls which often dont need Scarfs :D

Cya!

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    DD Tar wants Jolly, or it isnt viable and way too slow. Jolly actually lets you outspeed SOMETHING after a dd (aka max speed timid Starmie, Azelf and Raikou). Also Crunch >>>> Pursuit on DD Tar and use Fire Punch >> Earthquake.

Id use a Bibari Berry on tar too or Scizor can come in and spam Bullet Punch/U-Turn mind game vs your whole team which with SR + SS your team is gonna get worn down VERY fast.

That and by removing/luring Scizor it opens up Latias sweeps easier. Who btw should have Recover >> T-Bolt. T-Bolt doesnt help tbh and recover lets you beat most defensive counters.

Also Rotom wants Trick >> HP Grass to lure in and cripple Blissey for Latias too, since Swampert isnt THAT much of a problem, its pretty easy to wear down and Latias 2hko's with LO D-Pulse.

No priority is kinda eh tbh, but oh well.

The thing i hate about this team is that trappers destroy you, Zone takes out Jirachi and Pursuiters take out Latias and Rotom with ease, so id watch out for that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    DD Tar wants Jolly, or it isnt viable and way too slow. Jolly actually lets you outspeed SOMETHING after a dd (aka max speed timid Starmie, Azelf and Raikou). Also Crunch >>>> Pursuit on DD Tar and use Fire Punch >> Earthquake.

Id use a Bibari Berry on tar too or Scizor can come in and spam Bullet Punch/U-Turn mind game vs your whole team which with SR + SS your team is gonna get worn down VERY fast.

That and by removing/luring Scizor it opens up Latias sweeps easier. Who btw should have Recover >> T-Bolt. T-Bolt doesnt help tbh and recover lets you beat most defensive counters.

Also Rotom wants Trick >> HP Grass to lure in and cripple Blissey for Latias too, since Swampert isnt THAT much of a problem, its pretty easy to wear down and Latias 2hko's with LO D-Pulse.

No priority is kinda eh tbh, but oh well.

The thing i hate about this team is that trappers destroy you, Zone takes out Jirachi and Pursuiters take out Latias and Rotom with ease, so id watch out for that.

I did most of this except removing Tbolt from Latias, i think he needs it. It have saved my butt several times. Anyone else?

DCM

A Boy Named Sue
    Years
  • "your mother plays card games in hell"
    I apologize if the advice is "poop", i play UU not OU
    water/rock/ice is an interesting combination on Gyrados, and not the standard one if i remember correctly (he almost always has earthquake).
    considering also Rock covers Bug/Fire/flying/Ice where Ice Covers Dragon/Grass/Ground/flying, either move works out well on its on.
    I would suggest putting Earthquake in there in the place of one of those two.
    personally, i would use Ice Fang, because Fire and Flying is covered with Ice Fang/Waterfall, bug is not exactly a common defensive pokemon (Scizor, the most common bug is not weak to it anyways), and Ice is not a common defensive type either.
    tl;dr drop Stone Edge for Ice Fang if you want slightly better coverage (or keep stone edge and drop ice fang for power)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    "your mother plays card games in hell"
    I apologize if the advice is "poop", i play UU not OU
    water/rock/ice is an interesting combination on Gyrados, and not the standard one if i remember correctly (he almost always has earthquake).
    considering also Rock covers Bug/Fire/flying/Ice where Ice Covers Dragon/Grass/Ground/flying, either move works out well on its on.
    I would suggest putting Earthquake in there in the place of one of those two.
    personally, i would use Ice Fang, because Fire and Flying is covered with Ice Fang/Waterfall, bug is not exactly a common defensive pokemon (Scizor, the most common bug is not weak to it anyways), and Ice is not a common defensive type either.
    tl;dr drop Stone Edge for Ice Fang if you want slightly better coverage (or keep stone edge and drop ice fang for power)
    To be honest i am not quite sure what you are telling me. The first second you seem to be talking about "drop Ice fang" and the next second you say "drop Stone edge for Ice fang" when i already have both of them. Make your post a bit more clear.

DCM

A Boy Named Sue
    Years
  • To be honest i am not quite sure what you are telling me. The first second you seem to be talking about "drop Ice fang" and the next second you say "drop Stone edge for Ice fang" when i already have both of them. Make your post a bit more clear.
    i apologize, it was a bit scatterbrained.
    I meant Earthquake would probably fit better on this team. I suggest dropping Stone Edge if you want better coverage, as its coverage overlaps (Fire is covered by water, Flying is covered by Ice Fang. Bug and ice are not common attacking types.
    (the grass and dragon coverage is better than bug and ice)
    basically, drop stone edge for earthquake, if you want slightly better coverage.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    i apologize, it was a bit scatterbrained.
    I meant Earthquake would probably fit better on this team. I suggest dropping Stone Edge if you want better coverage, as its coverage overlaps (Fire is covered by water, Flying is covered by Ice Fang. Bug and ice are not common attacking types.
    (the grass and dragon coverage is better than bug and ice)
    basically, drop stone edge for earthquake, if you want slightly better coverage.
    I dont really think so. Stone edge is Mega-Important against other Gyaras and Salamence which is 2 of the pokes that dominates the OU atm.

DCM

A Boy Named Sue
    Years
  • I dont really think so. Stone edge is Mega-Important against other Gyaras and Salamence which is 2 of the pokes that dominates the OU atm.

on salamence
    Ice Fang: 65 x 4= 260
    Stone Edge: 100 x 2= 200
    (it is dragon flying)
    Ice Fang hits harder on him.

you are running a Adamant Gyarados. At best you would tie the other Adamant Gyarados (don't rely on a speed tie), outspeed some Impish Gyarados and will to other Gyarados. It does not make sense to keep a move to beat other gyarados when you have other pokemon who can do a much better job at it (heres looking at you Jirachi!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    on salamence
    Ice Fang: 65 x 4= 260
    Stone Edge: 100 x 2= 200
    (it is dragon flying)
    Ice Fang hits harder on him.

you are running a Adamant Gyarados. At best you would tie the other Adamant Gyarados (don't rely on a speed tie), outspeed some Impish Gyarados and will to other Gyarados. It does not make sense to keep a move to beat other gyarados when you have other pokemon who can do a much better job at it (heres looking at you Jirachi!)
    Looking at the top 20 most used OU pokemons there are none of them that EQ hit with higher power than either Waterfall/Ice fang/Stone edge.

DCM

A Boy Named Sue
    Years
  • Looking at the top 20 most used OU pokemons there are none of them that EQ hit with higher power than either Waterfall/Ice fang/Stone edge.
    you mean other than Heatran
    4 | Heatran | 155275 | 19.61
    the fourth most used pokemon
    Metagross
    6 | Metagross | 142426 | 17.98 |
    Lucario
    9 | Lucario | 118820 | 15.00 |
    Jirachi
    10 | Jirachi | 110560 | 13.96 |
    and Magnezone (who stops traps jirachi and poses a threat to other members of your team (barring T-tar)
    20 | Magnezone | 63558 | 8.02 |

where as Stone Edge hits nothing in the Top 20 harder than Waterfall/ Ice Fang/ Earthquake.

Years
  • Gyara Wants Stone Edge/Ice Fang/Waterfall.

+1 waterfall is ohko on heatran...

574 Atk vs 266 Def & 324 HP (80 Base Power): 243 - 286 (75.00% - 88.27%) thats on magnezone

574 Atk vs 177 Def & 281 HP (80 Base Power): 361 - 426 (128.47% - 151.60%) on lucario

574 Atk vs 236 Def & 361 HP (80 Base Power): 271 - 321 (75.07% - 88.92%) on jirachi

574 Atk vs 299 Def & 364 HP (80 Base Power): 216 - 255 (59.34% - 70.05%) on cbgross
    574 Atk vs 299 Def & 329 HP (80 Base Power): 216 - 255 (65.65% - 77.51%) on agiligross
    574 Atk vs 296 Def & 308 HP (80 Base Power): 217 - 256 (70.45% - 83.12%) on scarfgross[which gyara outspeeds]

so yeah.

keep your moveset for gyara

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Gyara Wants Stone Edge/Ice Fang/Waterfall.

+1 waterfall is ohko on heatran...

574 Atk vs 266 Def & 324 HP (80 Base Power): 243 - 286 (75.00% - 88.27%) thats on magnezone

574 Atk vs 177 Def & 281 HP (80 Base Power): 361 - 426 (128.47% - 151.60%) on lucario

574 Atk vs 236 Def & 361 HP (80 Base Power): 271 - 321 (75.07% - 88.92%) on jirachi

574 Atk vs 299 Def & 364 HP (80 Base Power): 216 - 255 (59.34% - 70.05%) on cbgross
    574 Atk vs 299 Def & 329 HP (80 Base Power): 216 - 255 (65.65% - 77.51%) on agiligross
    574 Atk vs 296 Def & 308 HP (80 Base Power): 217 - 256 (70.45% - 83.12%) on scarfgross[which gyara outspeeds]

so yeah.

keep your moveset for gyara
    Pretty much what i was thinking. Okay it hits Metagross,Jirachi,Lucarios which i honestly didn't think when i posted that but still, i will keep Stone edge nuff said.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Ice Punch >>> Body Slam on Jirachi imo, it's honestly better to have a backup to kill Mence and friends. Also give it Jolly as the extra speed is very handy to outspeed Scarfed base 90's and tie with +1 positive natured base 100's and beat those idiots who run 176 EV's.

Recover >>> Thunderbolt on Latias, the only thing you hit is Skarmory and bulky waters(who are usually setup fodder for Latias). Recover lets you come back for me and Surf + Dragon Pulse already grants great coverage.

Tyranitar wants Jolly as well, it'll outspeed stuff like Ape, Latias, Gengar with Jolly after a DD which you should be able to kill easily instead of being outsped and revenged by them.

As DA mentioned I don't like how trappers destroy your team, SalaZone gives you heaps of trouble as it can easily wipe out Jirachi and +1 Mence's Outrage rapes your team. I would consider replacing Rotom-H with something to punish them if they do manage to Pursuit Latias. Something like SubPetaya Empoleon could work here but you still suffer issues from SalaZone...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Ice Punch >>> Body Slam on Jirachi imo, it's honestly better to have a backup to kill Mence and friends. Also give it Jolly as the extra speed is very handy to outspeed Scarfed base 90's and tie with +1 positive natured base 100's and beat those idiots who run 176 EV's.

Recover >>> Thunderbolt on Latias, the only thing you hit is Skarmory and bulky waters(who are usually setup fodder for Latias). Recover lets you come back for me and Surf + Dragon Pulse already grants great coverage.

Tyranitar wants Jolly as well, it'll outspeed stuff like Ape, Latias, Gengar with Jolly after a DD which you should be able to kill easily instead of being outsped and revenged by them.

As DA mentioned I don't like how trappers destroy your team, SalaZone gives you heaps of trouble as it can easily wipe out Jirachi and +1 Mence's Outrage rapes your team. I would consider replacing Rotom-H with something to punish them if they do manage to Pursuit Latias. Something like SubPetaya Empoleon could work here but you still suffer issues from SalaZone...
    It's actually pretty funny that i have SubPetayaEmpoleon on this team. Last night i removed Jirachi for him. I'll do the other stuffs.

Back