• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm just watch from season1-3 and at the end of season 3 is so boring... how about the following season?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2017
    I stop watching pokemon in the middle as a kid but I heard X&Y + sun&moon are good so I start watching from first season.

Season 1 is great.
    but 2 and 3 are boring as 2...the team always do something unrelated to their goal, it's like they are on very long picnic trip and team rocket always show up even they did not have any part in the story

And 3 start off good... look more interesting than 2 but there is almost no character development so i got bored.

how are other season before X&Y? are they like 2 and 3 or better?
    If they are bad, I may go reading the recap instead of watching them as I don't want to miss some story that are before X&Y

Thank you :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    Season 4 is not much different than 3. Season 5 has some great episodes involving other sets of Team Rocket and really good gym battles, and the Johto League episodes are much better than the Indigo League episodes. Ash's final two battles in the league are epic.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    I did the same thing as what you're doing but I started 7 months ago. IMO seasons 2-5 were the worst of all the seasons so far and I'm up to DP. DP and AG are really well written and enjoyable to watch. However, the amount of fillers in Johto (seasons 3-5) made it almost unbearable for me to get through. But once you get through that, you get to see the show at its best.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I agree Johto has a bunch of fillers and AG does have some better ones, but I didn't like May and Max and can't stand Harley and the contests didn't do much for me. DP though I'm not finding nearly as good.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2017
    Thanks you all, i think i will read season4 recap
    but for season5 i will go back and watch it.

Actually i think the battle in johto is better than Indigo....but it's still not great enough to make very bland story more enjoyable.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • XY for the most part is a standalone series. There's a serious lack of continuity in that saga.

It's also apparently meant to be 'the greatest Pokemon anime of all time' but eh.

Summarising each saga:

Advance Generation and Battle Frontier...new girl is relevant
    Diamond and Pearl - Ash gets serious
    Best Wishes - Ash becomes a noob
    XY - Ash appreciation society
    Sun&Moon - ongoing but so far it's fun and G.O.A.T because it's yet to extremely annoy me (although I do dislike some parts of it)

Back